“A good choice !”

Ranked #26 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Ireland
“A good choice !”
Reviewed August 14, 2007

The Drury Court Hotel is a 3-star city-centre hotel. I booked for 3 nights - Sunday to Wednesday. I chose the hotel based on location and also price - Euro109 per night b&b.

This hotel is very central - 3 minutes walk to St Stephen's Green, St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre, Grafton Street and the rest of the city centre.

The staff (foreign) at the hotel are its asset. They were all so accommodating and polite. Very impressed.

On arrival to my room, I asked to be changed as there is a night-club entrance on the window-side. The hotel was booked up for the first night but they accommodated me on Monday. Both rooms were very clean and simply decorated - nothing fancy. The rooms (well the 2 I was in) definitely don't look like the picture of the room on the website.

Breakfast is buffet (cereals, juices, bread, tea, coffee, toast) and you can also have a traditional Irish breakfast or a breakfast of kippers etc. The traditional Irish was ok but I didn't like the fried bread etc that accompanied it.

Went down to Bia Bar for something to eat on Sunday afternoon and sat at a table but nobody came to take my order and tables weren't being cleaned off. Crossed over to The Hairy Lemon bar and had the 'bruschetta' (I'm sure you can tell by my inverted comments that I wasn't impressed - they were tasty but I wouldn't call them 'bruschetta'! and they were expensive!), and I also had the chicken fajhitas (tasty but that's all). Presentation of food leaves a lot to be desired - a few small dead lettuce leaves accompanied my main dish, I had to laugh. The place is also a bit smelly in my opinion but it was busy, which is generally a good sign.

Went to Stufi's (directly across from the hotel) for lunch one of the days and had a panini and it was delicious.

Another night, we went to Break for the Border (next door where the nightclub is) and I enjoyed the food there and the waiter was very good (I have found that the foreign workers are definitely nicer than A LOT of the Irish workers in the service industry)

The noise coming from the lane (where many hotel rooms if not all have windows out onto) is very noisy especially in the morning (with kegs being rolled, loaded, unloaded, rolled; cars etc) and most nights with late-nite revellers. I was studying so this didn't help at all !!

I would say, all in all, I had a positive experience at this hotel and would go back.

• Liked — The location and the staff
  • Disliked — The noise on the lane beside hotel; BiaBar; deceiving picture of room on website
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BreeVdK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Turkish first