“Excellent Choice for City Centre Night Out”
Review of Drury Court Hotel

Drury Court Hotel
Ranked #22 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have stayed here twice during nights out and have not been disappointed. It is a short stroll to Grafton Street area, you have pubs, restaurants and theatres literally on the doorstep. i liked this hotel as its quiet, comfortable and clean. The rates were excellent €78 for a triple room!! Our last stay was mid January. The lift was broken but we were offered help with our bags. Room was on top floor so i requested a lower floor and that was no problem. The room was clean, as was the bathroom, and beds very comfortable. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: i suppose a higher floor if you like to leave a window open as noise from traffic can be disruptive.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
David C, Manager at Drury Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your recent experience with us, here at the Drury Court Hotel in the heart of Dublin City. We are indeed centrally located, and I am glad you had the chance to explore most of Dublin's near by attractions by foot, as this is the best way to experience the city.I am pleased you found our rooms to be quiet, comfortabe and clean. We were pleased to announce recently that our lift has been fully upgraded and is now fully operational. Our rooms have also been recently been upgraded with triple glazed windows. I hope you had the chance to use our free-wifi, avialable in all the rooms. I look forward to welcoming you back for a second visit.
General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,574)

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is located in the heart of Dublin city (and a very good/quite area). I had booked a number of rooms for a family dinner in Dublin and the rates were excellent value.
On the day the lift was broken but staff were on hand to carry bags if required.
Rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean.
Great location for all types of breaks, be it shopping, party or tourism.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Thirstyforeigner

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your recent experience with us, here at the Drury Court Hotel in the heart of Dublin City. I look forward to welcoming you back for a second visit. I am pleased you found our rooms clean and comfortabe. We are pleased to announce all rooms now have triple glazed windows We were also pleased to announce recently that our lift has been fully upgraded and is now fully operational. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our central location.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Other reviews persuaded me and my party to come here-we were not disappointed.
Didnt arrive till approx midnight and heating in one room was faulty but call to reception got quick response and fault was rectified.
Very well positioned for access to Temple Bar and city attractions. Not too far to walk to get to a stop on the On-Off bus service which I would highly recommend for first time visitors like ourselves.
Staff very customer friendly and breakfasts served very quickly although I thought the Full Irish breakfast could have been Fuller.
Good choice and no regrets.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your recent experience with us, here at the Drury Court Hotel in the heart of Dublin City. I look forward to welcoming you back for a second visit. We are indeed centrally located, and I am glad you had the chance to explore most of Dublin's near by attractions by foot, as this is the best way to experience the city. Regarding our breakfast, I hope that you had an opportunity to try our continental breakfast offering, which includes an array of Italian hams, continental cheese and fresh fruits and cereals. Thank you for your kind words regarding our team. I will be sure to pass your comments directly on to the team.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The first thing to say about this hotel is that the location is perfect. Everything is within walking distance to this place - the nearest shopping centre is literally two minutes away.Temple Bar is about 10 minutes away, as is Grafton Street and St Stephen's Green. It's literally slap bang in the middle and made the entire stay a lot more enjoyable.

There are also good bars literally next door - the attached Bia Bar was really nice (breakfast served here too) and the Hairy Lemon Pub opposite was also amazing. Obviously bear in mind drinking in Dublin will never be cheap.

The hotel allowed us to drop our bags off early in the morning and we then picked them back up at check-in. A very smooth process all in all. The key cards to be able to access the hotel from reception and the rooms themselves were extremely reliable.

The hotel has recently had a new lift installed which we had no problems with at all. We were given room 201 which was spatious and had the new triple-glazing installed. This does an amazing job at keeping out noises from outside the hotel. Makes a massive difference. The downside to the window was a faulty catch which meant it was sometimes hard to open the window.

However, we were awoken at various times by noises from inside the hotel which sounded like they were coming from the plumbing system. Be it the central heating, the toilet, or coming from the room next door (we couldn't quite put our finger on it), there were some very strange noises. There was also a loud vibration a couple of times which we assumed was the lift. We could also hear the music coming from the Bia Bar on the Saturday night, so rooms on higher floors would have been better.
We also found the central heating quite hard to "get right" using the radiator thermostats - and again, they were rather noisy when the heat was on.

The bed was a little hard for my liking, but I like it unusually soft. The bathroom was also large and included a bath with shower over. The shower itself was OK but it wasn't really powerful enough for me and I also had to set it to the maximum temperature for it to be hot enough. This is contrary to the bath which was red hot and filled up in no time which didn't seem to coincide. The downside to the bathroom is a lack of extractor fan as the mirror steamed up very quickly.

TV was good (had an EPG and teletext) but the remote was a little unreliable. We didn't use the Wi-fi, phone, or room service.

In terms of the breakfast, we had it included in our room rate and it was a good thing. At 9 Euros for the full breakfast, it was very expensive as you didn't get much at all. I had the full Irish one day and the smoked salmon the day after.

In terms of the staff, we couldn't fault anyone. EVERYONE was very friendly and helpful (from the cleaners, to reception staff, to breakfast staff) so the hotel has to be commended for this. The room was cleaned twice during our stay with a professional finish.

All in all, would we stay here again - the excellent location and staff make it a no-brainer!

Room Tip: High rooms would be better to get away from the noise from the bar
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nick052

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your recent experience with us, here at the Drury Court Hotel in the heart of Dublin City. I look forward to welcoming you back for a second visit. We are indeed centrally located, and I am glad you had the chance to explore most of Dublin's near by attractions by foot, as this is the best way to experience the city.I am pleased you found our rooms comfortabe. We were pleased to announce recently that our lift has been fully upgraded. I am happy you experienced no problems. Thank you for your feedback regarding our newly fitted triple glazed windows. I hope you have the chance to use our free-wifi, avialable in all the rooms, during your next visit. Regarding our breakfast, I hope that you had an opportunity to try our continental breakfast offering, which includes an array of Italian hams, continental cheese and fresh fruits and cereals. Thank you for your kind words regarding all our team. I will be sure to pass your comments directly on to the team.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

and this smallish hotel is situated in the middle of the shopping area with easy access to everything. either walking or hop on off busses.
I stayed with my daughter and we had a nice spacious an clean twin room.
Reception very kind and helpful with both printing out boarding passes and taxi to the airport- fixed price from the hotel, 25euro!
Free wifi throghout the hotel - but not totally reelable. This being the only shadow!
Would return!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
David C, General Manager at Drury Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback in relation to the hotel and our Front Office team. I will be sure to pass on your comments. Thank you also for clarifying the issue of Denmark’s ownership of Iceland. It helped settle a debate with our other Nordic guests. I am in the process of upgrading our wifi network this very week, at which point it should be resolved. I look forward to welcoming back in the future and you can educate me further on the history of Iceland.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

this hotel is 5 minutes from temple bar and trinity college it's really central and within walking distance to most of the attractions.we dropped off our bags at the hotel at 10am and these were ticketed an put behind reception. we returned at 5pm to check in (check in is 3pm) and check in was speedy.we got the lift to floor three and it seemed to drop then we were stuck for a few minutes which was pretty scary we pressed the alarm a few times and the lift started again. we never got back in the lift instead taking the stairs. our room 301 was spacious and we were quite impressed as we only paid 86 euros for 2 nights. we did not spend a lot of time in our room as we were busy sight seeing but it was ideal. a lovely big bathroom with lots of hot water. we liked the teas and coffees from Bewleys a famous coffee shop.we ate in the hotel bia bar once-see seperate review.

Room Tip: go the quays pub in temple bar. live music played all day
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
David C, General Manager at Drury Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest,
It was a pleasure to read your overall enjoyment of our centrally located hotel. I will pass your positive feedback onto all the team. In relation to the elevator we have just completed a major refurbishment of both the lift and secondary internal glazing in all of the bedrooms. It appears the incident was an isolated teething problem which has now been corrected. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming back in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

A good hotel at a reasonable price. A great location for access to the city centre. The hotel is clean, comfortable and offers a good breakfast. My room was on the 5th floor and was spacious clean and had comfy beds. The bar in the hotel seems to be good and busy but didn't get a chance to enjoy it. Very handy to access the beautiful St. Stephens Green.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dublinwork
David C, General Manager at Drury Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Guest,
We are delighted to read of your appreciation for the new matress, the location, room cleanliness and the breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.