“good value hotel in a great location”
Review of Drury Court Hotel

Drury Court Hotel
Ranked #23 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Just spent 2 nights at The Drury Court Hotel & had a fantastic stay. The staff were friendly and helpful which made our visit to Dublin all the more enjoyable. The reception were great on arrival, check out & throughout. We requested breakfast in our room quiet late the night before and the reception staff had no problem at all. Breakfast was tasty and plentiful. This hotel is good value & in a very central & convenient location. We found the room very adequate, it was spacious and the beds and linen were really comfortable. lovely bath and showers and lots of wardrobe space. Nice lively bar and again great staff. The hotel had a personality to it that a lot of others lack. The only thing i would suggest would be to provide fresh drinking water in the rooms but obviously its easy to get downstairs or any of the many nearby shops! For anyone looking to get the most out of a stay in Dublin I would recommend this hotel, you can't beat the location, we were within walking distance of every place we needed to go.

Room Tip: We were on second floor. no problem at all with noise. It was a warm weekend but the room had air co...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Drury Court Hotel

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We have just returned from a three night stay at this hotel. We would like to personally thank Anne-Marie and the rest of the reception staff for their warm welcome and swift action in allocating a car space for our hire car which unfortunately had not been pre-booked by our travel company. The hotel is centrally located and comfortable. We would certainly stay here again if we return to Dublin.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was my second stay in Dublin and was looking for a reasonably priced and conveniently located hotel. This hotel met those needs, but not much else. If you are only concerned about those things and don't require much in the way of creature comforts that are so common these days this is the perfect place for you. If you do however require reliable Internet, a shower that does more than spit at you, and a bathroom door that actually closes you may want to look elsewhere. The room and bathroom were very clean, however the towels are thin and scratchy. The old box style tv didn't get any channels, and despite being on a higher floor the noise throughout the night on the weekend woke me up. The front desk staff were friendly, and the Bia Bar downstairs is convenient, but I will look elsewhere next time around.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Keribee
David C, General Manager at Drury Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your recent experience, here in the heart of Dublin city. I was pleased to learn of your appreciation for our central location clean bedroom and bathroom and friendly staff. I was disappointed to learn of your WIFI experience, especially given that I personally use it on my laptop during working hours, which I assure you is at present fully operational. Being in the heart of Dublin city, the city itself can be a little lively and I hope this did not detract too much from your stay. I also have pleasure in announcing that we have new LCD TV’s for all the bedrooms which should be with us soon. Thank you again for your custom and your comments.
Kind Regards,
David Cahill.
General Manager.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Myself and my 3 friends stayed here after a night at Riverdance in the Gaiety Theatre which is situated just up the street, we were give a junior suite room which had a double bed, single and comfy pull out bed, the room was lovely and clean with a really nice bathroom. The staff at reception were lovely, very friendly and helpful including the Manager. There was a little issue with our room card key but we were immediately offered a complimentary drink in the hotel bar which we all thought was excellent customer service. We ate in the hotel restaurant, the food was very nice, the bar man was also really helpful suggesting some bars to go to being leaving cert night!! We returned late enough that night and were greeted by the friendly Pavel who kindly obliged us a lovely cold jug of water from the bar. The location is just perfect for city shopping, with everything being close by. All in all would defo stay here again!! The little bit of friendly customer service is what makes such a difference compared to the last Dublin hotel we stayed in which was awful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shellybeard
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My Husband, Myself and our 5 year old daughter stayed for 2 nights at the Drury Court Hotel in August 2012. We stayed in a lovely room at the back of the hotel, which was nice and quiet, Breakfast each morning was delicious. We have the Full Irish, and we would recommend this. All cooked to perfection. My Daughter loved the crossiants. The staff are very friendly and helpful. In the evening time we went to the bar for dinner, My daughter was given some home made cookies. Which she adored. The location is great. So near all the shops. We were also welcomed by David the hotel manager, he suggested a few places to see. Like the Doll's Hospital in PowersCourt shopping Center. My daughter had a ball there, She was fascinated with all the dolls and accessories. I would highly recommend staying at the Drury Court Hotel. A big Thank you to all the staff for making our stay a very enjoyable one.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at the Drury Court Hotel for one night in July 2012.I needed a place for one night only as I was to catch a tour to the west coast the following morning.
I did have a considerable struggle to locate the hotel. Arriving at Dublin's airport and connecting to the downtown by airport bus, I found myself dropped off a few blocks away from the hotel. However, no one I asked (including the bus driver and someone at a tourist info booth) could give me clear directions to Lower Stephens street. Very frustrating. My room was okay...nothing special. The hotel's lobby is very small and understated. However, I was pleased with the bar and restaurant . I ate my breakfast there and it was very nice.When asked for a place for dinner , the front desk staff recommended the bar kittycorner to the hotel. I had a tasty meal there .
This hotel was a place to lay my head for the night and nothing more. Would I stay here again? Probably not. Especially if my stay was to enjoy the sites of Dublin for a few days.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank nutmeg06
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed at the Drury Court in July, 2012. I had booked a twin room and requested a quiet floor after reading recent reviews about the noise on the corner units/ street side. We were given a room on the 4th floor which faced the hotel next door, you could see directly into the rooms across. There was a tiny laneway between the two hotels that was very busy with traffic coming from Great George Street behind the hotel. There was no A/C in these rooms and it was very warm up there. Only 2 small windows opened but the traffic and noise in the laneway from delivery trucks, garage removal could be heard day and night. Also you had to close the drapes to get privacy but they were very heavy so no air could get in while they were closed and it made the dreary dull room worse. The room was very worn and dated. The bathroom was very large and tiled but there was a very strong odour of urine that must have been in the floor grout that would not go away no matter how much perfume we sprayed on it! Ugh!! Gross! The carpeting in the entire room had the same urine smell as well. It was totally unacceptable! The linens on the bed were clean and crisp. However, we peeled back the bottom sheet to check the mattress and were shocked to find old worn, dirty, stained mattresses with wholes in the sides!!!! As well as several blood stains on the sides and top! I contacted front desk and reported this and requested another room of superior quality or I was going to check-out and find another hotel. They said the room maids had not reported any of this and were compeletly unaware of it. They did finally move us to another room on a lower floor which faced the back parking. This room was much better, had A/C and looked like it was more recently updated and there were no bad smells. In both rooms the kettles to make tea/coffee were disgusting as well. They had slime & heavy scale in them and as a result we decided to not use it. We did not have the breakfast at the hotel either because there were so many wonderful places to eat just outside the doorstep! However, the restaurant & bar were nice and large. We had drinks in there the one night late. We loved the location and walked everywhere day and night. With that being said there are several other hotels in the same area that I would try next visit to Dublin. The reason for this is due to the fact that I was told at check-in that I had to pay for my stay in full (since I was staying several nights). I asked if I wasn't satisfied with the hotel and wanted to check-out what would happen and they said if I decided to do that then I would have to give them 24hrs notice. So you can imagine how I felt after I paid in full and then opened the door to such a disgusting room! My first reaction was, to go online right there in the room to immediately search for another hotel, give the 24hrs notice, loose the cost of 2 nights stay but get the heck out of this hotel. After spending too much time doing that I decided to go complain. Luckily, my 2nd thought to go complain and try another room was successful and no further time was wasted searching for another hotel. I found the room maids to be inconsistent as well, with room cleanliness, towels, supplies and requests. We had an absolutely amazing time in Dublin and plan to return but it will not be at the Drury Court !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CanadianladyON

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your recent experience, here in the heart of Dublin city. I was pleased to learn of your appreciation for our crisp white bed linen and central location. I personally dealt with you during your room move and it was my understanding that your move was exclusively motivated by the fact that your original room did not have air conditioning. I am surprised that, given the gravity of your comments in relation to the room, you did not bring them to my attention at this particular point or indeed at any, during your stay. Specifically in relation to the kettles I am at a loss to understand this, especially given the fact that I have only just replaced the kettle in every bedroom. I only hope that your remarks were not motivated by our check-in / cancellation policy which is either credit card authorisation or prepayment by cash on arrival (with a 24hr cancellation period there-after). We take all comments by our guests seriously, both positive and constructive, which is why I will endeavour to contact you personally to take the matter further. Thank you again for your comments.
Kind Regards,