“Ok stay”
Review of Charleville Lodge

Charleville Lodge
Ranked #109 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is a good area, it has a bus stop right across the street, leading us to the city center in 10-15min. The room we stayed at was very very tiny. Also it was not very clean, I kept sneezing all night. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank hericaribeiro

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Spent the weekend in Charleville Lodge, it was a very nice place. They only have a few rooms so the service is really personalised. Joanna from the reception was really helpful and nice. Definitely worth every euro you pay for this hotel. Only two things I didn't like that much.
1) It was 20/25 min walk from city center (you can get a cab for less than 10 euros or a bus for 2.15 though)
2) If you take a shower at noon, the water would not be so hot though.

The rest was really good.

Room Tip: I had the 312 which had a great front view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jose C
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was in town for some work and was very pleased to find this hotel. The price cant be beat. Travel to the hotel was super easy. The airport link to O'Connel, cross the street and take the 46A bus almost straight to the door step. Get a 3 day pass at the airport for the bus system and you have convenient inexpensive transport that is practically at the front door. The staff was super friendly and ready to answer questions at anytime. The hotel is also a 5 minute walk from a self service laundramat and grocery store. Again, great for those on a budget. I also liked that it was more of a real Dubllin neighborhood rather than a touristy section. The bathtub was HUGE, the TV was also big and the room had a double bed and a single bed. Not the norm for Europe. So plenty of room compared to some hotels in Europe. As I recall the room at the Jurys Inn in christchurch was smaller and more expensive when I was in Dublin last time. I am keeping this one on my list for future stays in Dublin.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank barbara H
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I reserved a room in this hotel but once i was there i find home. I was traveling alone from Italy but immediately after the check-in i was already full of good friends. The staff makes all the difference, they are ALL beautyful people, starting from the claennig lady finishing to the night doorman. The girls at the receptionists are lovely and i already miss them all. Rooms are extra clean and nice, especially considering the price. The area is quiet and gives you a good sleaping, not downtown but walk distance from the centre. There is a also a bus that runs late in the night. I can't wait to go back there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Our family used this " premier guest house" for one night.We really enjoyed our short stay.The staff were just the nicest you could get,welcoming,helpful and genuinely friendly.The hotel has a secure car park and for only €5 a night.There are frequent but slow bus services to city centre,walking might be faster at times! Rooms are small but cozy,very clean.Beds comfortable.
Showers were very good,plenty hot water and strong pressure.Very elegant residents lounge and pleasant reception area. You get the impression the owners are really doing their best to provide a good customer service.We didn't have breakfast here but it is available.All and all I would no problem recommending this hotel.We will use it again!!!

Room Tip: The only sound we heard in room 43 were seagulls at 8am! Lovely
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Great location - when I arrived I got a voucher for a complimentary drink if I ate in a gorgeous local (10 minutes away) pub/restaurant which was great. Room was spotless and such a comfy bed. I was really happy with how quiet the place was at night - a very well run and serviced hotel. A few small negatives were the low pressure shower; no tea/coffee/kettle in the room which I would have thought was standard at this stage; in spite of these small things I will go back though for sure. The girl I reception was very friendly and informative. Overall for value for money I would recommend the Charleville Lodge Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Needed to find accommodation in Dublin city near the mater hospital with only hours notice ....
Tried a few hotels , all full . Came across this place on internet . Visually appealing from the pictures so booked by internet .
Very conveniently located 10 mins from the hospital with EXTREMELY & I stress EXTREMELY competitive rates. €40 double room with En Suite.
The building is old fashioned Georgian or Victorian so has all those nice features , so having this is doesn't have the mod-cons look one would find in your average international branded hotel ( which all look the bloody same to me )
Room was clean , warm & comfortable . Breakfast was extra , I opted for €5 continental , which was super & again good value .
Staff were very helpful & friendly .
Only constructive criticism I would give is " don't be charging people extra for tea or coffee " for what it costs to provide them , you are losing the goodwill of your customers over the charge . This is Ireland , a good mug of tea is expected everywhere .
Aside from that was really great for me. . As for some of the other reviews I expect nothing else as I work in the service industry , u will never please all the people all the time. . I would & will stay here again . Thank you all .

Stayed: November 2013