“Book elsewhere”
Review of Temple Bar Hotel

Temple Bar Hotel
Ranked #36 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Arrived to a filthy room with dirt noticeable in the bathtub. Broken handles on furniture and walls in need to be painted. Was shown another room that was on the same floor that was covered with garbage and power tools (construction was going on). Then saw a few more rooms all in poor condition one with a broken headboard and a graffitied covered artwork. Would recommend for college Guys looking for a night to get wrecked and a short walk to temple bar but not to those who enjoy staying in clean rooms. The lighting was so dim, hallways so unkept it felt like walking through a college dorm or a prison.

• Stayed: January 2014
tbhmgt, Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Kara F,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor. I was disappointed to read your comments about your recent experience at Temple Bar Hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to clarify some of the points you raised in your review.

You requested the initial room move due to a perceived odour of cigarettes. Your room was allocated on a non-smoking floor but as always, guest comfort is our priority and our staff accommodated your request by offering you a choice of 4 other rooms. At no point did you mention a ‘filthy room with noticeable dirt in the bathtub, broken handles on furniture and walls in need of painting’. We pride ourselves on excellent standards of cleanliness throughout our guest rooms and public areas. This was recognized by independent inspectors who recently issued our Accommodation Team with a prestigious award - the IASI Supreme Accommodation Services award.

The hotel is constantly reinvesting in all areas and we are currently in the middle of a refurbishment project. I am sorry if the presence of power tools that were neatly stored in another room which was out of bounds to the public offended you but that is part of the ongoing plan to continuously refurbish Temple Bar Hotel and to maintain our usual high standards for our valued guests.

There is no artwork anywhere in this hotel covered with graffiti. The headboard that you mentioned has a small dent on the surface which is due to be replaced shortly as part of our ongoing refurbishment. I am sorry if our ambient lighting on the corridors was not to your taste but it does not resemble a ‘college dorm or prison’

Thank you for taking the time to read my response and I sincerely regret that you chose not to stay with us but I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your review in more detail.

Kind Regards
Jennifer Browne
Deputy General Manager, Temple Bar Hotel
Dublin's Most Centrally Located Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,374)

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I arrived a day early due to complicated circumstances and the staff at Temple Bar were kind enough to shift my booking date so I had somewhere to stay that night! They were very helpful and understanding, especially considering the late hour.
Breakfast was not bad although the dining room was a little crowded.
The attached live music bar was amazing with some incredible talent and a very chilled out atmosphere and the hotel itself was very conveniently placed across from a Tesco and nearby pubs, clubs and restaurants.
I was attending solo but there were plenty of families, couples, friends and functions going on in the busy hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel as a brief splurge and recoup if you are travelling largely in hostels. Beautiful rooms and wonderful staff!

Room Tip: I didn't mind the sounds from the bar next door but if that sort of thing bothers you, request a...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear nikibeeeeee,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at Temple Bar Hotel. It is encouraging to read your wonderful remarks and I will share these with the rest of our team. It is always great to hear such positive feedback on the hotel.

Thank you for choosing Temple Bar Hotel and we hope to see you again

Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and daughter and I
Stayed only for one night as we were collecting my son from the airport early in the morning. I was more then pleased with the hotel, the staff were very welcoming and helpful. The exterior was very clean as was the main lobby which is clean and crisp. The bedroom was triple room which was fresh and very clean and a great size. Their was plenty of towels for use. The breakfast was buffet style but very well laid out and what a choice, their was plenty of cereal, juice, fruit and breads along with ham and cheese, also a full hot bar. The service staff were very helpful and the breakfast room was fullbof natural light and very spacious. It was a pleausure to stay here and we will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear caroline m,

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel on Tripadvisor. It is always great to hear such positive feedback on the hotel. I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your kind remarks with the rest of our team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Was here on a stag last summer,must say I was very pleasantly surprised,when the groom told me their was going to be 8 in a room,let's just I was not looking forward to it,but boy was I surprised,a fantastic apartment style room,with 8 beds bottle of water and loads of room,great night club in the hotel,which seem to attract a very good clientele,it was amazing value,and we were very well watered and fed,right in the heart of temple bar,ideal for a stag or hen party,if that is your chosen business,this defiantly is the spot to visit in Dublin,great Craic and brilliant location,,

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Nigel2010,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay in Temple Bar Hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to read this enhanced your trip to Dublin. I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of the team here.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Just recently came back from a 2 night stay here and would definitely come back. The hotel is in a great central location with bars and restaurants on your doorstep and is in reach of the majority of the attractions in Dublin. Would recommend this hotel to anyone, the rooms were a decent size and were very clean. There is free wi-fi throughout the hotel and the staff were rather friendly. Even though Temple Bar is busy we didn't have any problems with noise even though we were wary of this due to reading previous reviews. Thought the price we paid for a 2 night stay was value for money and would definitely stay here again if we were to return to Dublin.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear bellbong123,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us. We were delighted to read such positive and complimentary remarks which I will share with the rest of our team. It is a pleasure to learn that our location enhanced your trip.

Thank you for choosing Temple Bar Hotel and we look forward to your return visit

Reviewed January 23, 2014

My girlfriend and i have just returned today from a 3 night stay in Dublin's Temple Bar area.
Our stay at the Temple Bar Hotel has been very enjoyable and would recommend it to anyone wanting to visit Dublin.

Its location is ideal for sightseeing with a short 5 min walk over the river Liffey to the town center or straight out the front door into the heart of Temple Bar with a multitude of different pubs to choose from!

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful and welcomed us to the hotel on our arrival and were always available when needed.

The room was was nice and had everything we needed, Tv, Hair Dryer, free WiFi etc.
My only slight criticism was the bed, it was two single beds joined together, you could feel the join on the fairly hard beds but as long as we didn't lay on the join we were fine.

As for some of the reviews about noise, we stopped Monday - Thursday so although Temple Bar is a busy area a lot of the clubs don't open mid week so we had no problems with noise at all. (Room 434)

All in all a great first time stay in Ireland, and i wouldn't hesitate staying in the same hotel again, i have already recommended it to my mum, aunt and cousin who are going to Dublin in June.

One last thing, the breakfast buffett was epic had a massive variety to choose from i wish i had this the first day we arrived rather than paying 7.50 at some other place for 1 egg 1 sausage 1 half tomato and a rasher of bacon which was a joke, so definitely have breakfast in the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear GR3G66,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, we were delighted to read of your experience at Temple Bar Hotel. I look forward to sharing your comments with my colleagues. We really appreciate your compliments along with your recommendation and we also hope to welcome you back again in the future

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great location for not only the bars and restaurants but within easy reach of most of the city's attractions. The hotel is tired looking and would benefit from some decoration. The rooms were spotlessly clean but the lighting was poor adding to the sense of run down. Breakfast wasn't included in our package but there is a fairly large Tesco across the road for croissants etc

For the price it was more than satisfactory especially if you don't intend to spend much time in the room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank WeegieQuine
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear WeegieQuine,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Temple Bar Hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to read this enhanced your stay.

We have an ongoing refurbishment project underway in the hotel and our guest rooms are currently in process of being redecorated.

We hope to see you again.