“Not impressed”

Ranked #40 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Ireland
“Not impressed”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed last week for 1 night and was not impressed, for a Hotel in a popular tourist area it was extremely disappointing. Check in was quick and efficient and front staff very pleasant. Room was on third floor overlooking an alley which was obviously used by hotel staff to go in and out because the noise started about 6am talking laughing as peoples were out for a smoke or going in and out. Room was small but adequate small table and 2 chairs took up far to much room might have been better without maybe just leave 1 chair bit too cramped bathroom was roomy plenty of nice soft towels. The worst thing was the bed it was very comfy BUT it looked like the bedclothes had not been changed after the last guest left the sheets and pillowcases were not fresh you could see it straight away when I pulled back clothes to have a look there were hairs in the bed and stains on the sheets one actually looked like blood. Normally I would have asked to be changed but when at reception they told other potential customers looking for a room that they were completely booked up. There were leaflets in the room adverting the restaurant and the different meal and sitting options but when I rang down to book a table I was told it was closed only open on Friday and Saturday. We tried to get food In bar but gave up after a half an hour sitting there 1st there was no staff behind bar and when the girl came back she completely ignored us. If I had of been staying longer than 1 night I definitely would have went elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel..
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FrancesC50
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear doownelg,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay in Temple Bar Hotel. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve the service that we offer our guests. Thank you for your kind comments in relation to the Reception Team.

I can assure you that our bed linen is changed after the departure of every guest but I will pass your comments on to the Accommodation Team.

I was disappointed to read your comments about the service delay in Buskers – I would like to apologise for this and I will mention it to our Beverage Team immediately.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and I hope this would not deter you from returning to Temple Bar Hotel in the future.
Temple Bar Hotel, Dublin’s Most Centrally Located Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
La Coruna, Spain
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

I decided on this hotel after reading such good reviews. No disappoints. This area in heart of Temple Bar, where the Pubs. The staff is very attentive and friendly. One day chooses to eat at the hotel and the food was very good, the waiter was kind enough to invite glass of Baily's. I recommend it. I hope to return soon

• Stayed September 2013
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear xanaveganwolf,

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel. I was delighted to read your lovely comments and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will share your kind remarks with the rest of our team and we hope to welcome you back in the future

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2013

If you're looking for bars, pubs and being central, this hotel is perfect. Right in the heart of it all on Temple Bar. Staff were all very helpful and friendly, booked us a taxi for our early morning flight. Huge bed, clean, and everything you need. Would definitely stay again and recommend it!

Room Tip: If you want a double bed, request it. Try and get a room round the side or back so it's not too...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kelly W,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review of your stay in Temple Bar Hotel. It is always great to hear such positive feedback on the hotel.

I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of the team,

Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

If you fancy a central location for many beers, it's fine. If you think you are coming for a romantic trip with your beloved.....think again! Tired hotel with poor breakfast..... cold! Great to stroll back to after 20 or so pints of Guinness.....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ken P
Dear Ken P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Temple Bar Hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to hear this enhanced your stay. We hope to see you again.

Caxias do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Great hostel, full of nice people. Great staff and nice kitchen to cook your own meal. Best spot to stay in Dublin. I have made friends for life in this place. Clean rooms and facilities very near. Pubs, bars, shops, laundry everything you'll need, you'll find around Temple Bar. Friendly staff. I really recommend it!

• Stayed August 2013
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed December 3, 2013

stayed in temple bar hotel last fri 30 th nov..on a short business trip to dublin and really enjoyed this hotel,check in v efficient and friendly,room 307 v good in quiet part of hotel as requested.hotel v busy and located in centre of temple bar.great location,loads of bars and restaurants nearby,hotel has v lively bar with bands etc,had great sleep in v comfortable bed.will promote hotel and am returning next week for 2 nite stay!!!

Room Tip: request room at back of hotel if you want good sleep,
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear 737mikeb,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us. We were delighted to read such positive and complimentary remarks which I will share with the rest of our team.

Thank you for choosing Temple Bar Hotel and we look forward to your return visit!

Tipperary
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Great location in middle of temple bar. Hotel was easy to find, car park opposite hotel - Fleet Street. Its near shopping and great nightlife and restaurants. I stayed here on a Friday night busy weekend in dublin and had a wonderful sleep no noise at all. I expected it to be pretty loud so was pleasantly surprised. I was in a single room so was pretty small but fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear ishivs,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Temple Bar Hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to hear this enhanced your stay. We hope to see you again.

I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of our team here.