“Wonderful Experience”
Review of Temple Bar Hotel

Temple Bar Hotel
Ranked #35 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the first part of our 11-day Ireland vacation. The location was perfect! When we arrived at 8am on our first day the front desk was so kind to watch our luggage for us while we went out on the town. Everything here was perfect!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Dawn M,

We were delighted to read of your experience at Temple Bar Hotel, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I look forward to sharing your comments with my colleagues. We really appreciate your compliments and we hope to see you again.

Temple Bar Hotel, Dublin’s Most Centrally Located Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,410)

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The room was nice and clean. The bathroom was spacious with a great modern feel. The room was pretty loud the first night until we realized that the windows were open. Being new travelers we soon realized that nearly every place we stayed had the windows open when we arrived. This hotel is conveniently located in Dublin!

Room Tip: We had a corner room and it was nice to have all of the natural light. Remember to shut the windows...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jon B
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Jon B,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay in Temple Bar Hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to read this enhanced your trip to Dublin. I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of the team here.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start with this city centre hotel . On arrival for a one night stay with my son (we arrived early) the lady on reception was so helpful and polite , her name has left me now but I'm sure she will know who she is when she reads this . We decided to stay an extra night we enjoyed the hotel so much , And again it felt like the staff couldn't do enough for us . The rooms were spacious and the beds were one of the comfiest I've ever slep in . Dinner in Buskers the second night was delicious and again our waitress couldn't do enough for us . Breakfast was a very sizeable buffet and staff were very attentive . All in all a most enjoyable stay and will most definitely be returning . A big thanks again to all the staff .

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank dtmarie
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear dtmarie,

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel on Tripadvisor. It is always great to hear such positive feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend whilst celebrating a friend's 30th birthday.
Location is ideal!!!! Literally within walking distance to everywhere (with the exception to jumping on the Sightseeing Dubin bus)
I know there are other reviews saying about the noise. Yes it is noisy BUT the hotel is in a street full of bars, so what do you expect?!
I loved the hotel!!!! The staff were all lovely and helpful.
The room was lovely!!! The housekeeping staff did a great job when they did our room in the mornings.
I would definitely go back to this hotel if I went back to Dublin.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Stephie_Wood,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us. We were delighted to read such positive and complimentary remarks which I will share with the rest of our team. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to read this enhanced your trip to Dublin.

Thank you for choosing Temple Bar Hotel and it will be a pleasure to have you return.

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We have just spent 2 nights at this hotel. Overall we had an enjoyable stay...the hotel is in a fantastic location, rooms are big & spacious, however the noise from the street is an issue. We are in our late 20's and aren't usually annoyed by outside noise but it was pretty bad, especially the music which didn't stop until around 2am. The Wifi was not very reliable either.

If your looking for a cheapish, central hotel & you don't mind packing ear plugs...stay here! :)

• Stayed: July 2013
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear lmc123can,

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel. I was delighted to read your lovely comments and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed last weekend for 3 nights with friends, We didnt get in until after 3am every night but forget any chance of sleep if they put you on the front of the Hotel.
Extreme noise from the cars going by on the cobbled road and the windows being shut make no difference at all.
There is Buskers bar next to the hotel and the Alchemy night club. I f you get allocated a room over them then make sure you like BASS!
The Breakfast room is like a Sauna and if you manage to find a fresh egg then let me know.
My advice is stay just a few streets away from Temple Bar but remember it's a great weekend in Dublin. Enjoy ;-)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear rugbyking,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay in Temple Bar Hotel. We do have quiet rooms in the hotel and will always try to allocate them when requested, so if you choose to stay with us again in the future, we will be sure to accommodate you with one of these rooms.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I traveled by myself to Ireland for a few days and stayed here for 3 nights. Great location in the center of everything! I recommend first timers to stay here. Great staff, great housekeeping. I had the privacy sign outside of my door and they left me towels and toilet paper outside without me asking for it. The ONLY complaint and it wasn't bad was that you can hear the noise/crowd/music from the pubs so that's the only reason it got a 4 star vs a 5 star. But the noise stopped at exactly 2am so if you're out and about until then, it won't be a problem. The noise was from a distance from the fourth floor so I didn't have any issues. For the price and location, I would definitely stay there again in a heartbeat! Clean room, too!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor. Probalby less noisy than a bottom floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo