“pity about the noise”
Review of Temple Bar Hotel

Temple Bar Hotel
Ranked #35 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 21, 2013

spent a few days in dublin with friends and stayed at the temple bar hotel. couldnt fault the service, breakfast, or rooms. unfortunatley the room we had faced the main street,opposite tescos, the noise went on till 4-30 then there was a noisy delivery to tescos at 4-40am. mentioned the noise at reception next morning and was offerd another room without even asking for a change. would stay there again but would request a room in the middle of hotel. would give a five without a doubt for everything but noise.

Room Tip: we ended up in 308 very quiet and comfy room, were in 126 very noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear ann f,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Temple Bar Hotel. I was delighted to read your lovely comments and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to hear this enhanced your stay

We do have quiet rooms in the hotel and will always try to allocate them when requested, so if you choose to stay with us again in the future, we will be sure to accommodate you with one of these rooms.

Temple Bar Hotel, Dublin’s Most Centrally Located Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,410)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

stayed in the temple bar hotel for 3 nights last week and it was perfect.the room i got was possibly one of the nicest iv stayed in a hotel in a long time.nice clean fresh and modern.the only thing with it was the shower, it lacked power, it lacked alot of power!! but cant complain about that!
people in previous reviews of this hotel complain about the noise at night time, your staying in a popular hotel right in the middle of temple bar.......what do you expect?? i did experience noise at night time but its all part of being where it is.plus if you have had enough to drink ( which i managed to do every night and i think most people who come and visit Dublin do ) it really doesn't matter! All in all it was a cracking hotel and i will without a doubt be staying in this hotel again when i next venture over to Dublin for a few days,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear iom2012,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay here at Temple Bar Hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to know this enhanced your stay.

I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of the team and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was a good value for the €63 for the room. It was near the HOHO stop and book of kells. It has a continental breakfast which has hot and cool food, a
really great value for €7 all you can eat.

• Stayed: March 2013
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Timmy1999,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review of your stay in the Temple Bar Hotel. It is always great to hear such positive feedback on the hotel.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

What a great value for the price. This hotel is right in the middle of all the action which is what I wanted knowing there would be late night noise. The front desk was helpful and the free wifi worked well. They don't have a printer but the desk had me email my boarding passes to them and they printed them for me. The location couldn't be any better, within walking distance of many sights and restaurants with a convenience store across the street. Would stay here again for the price and location . Not for those that go to bed early or are light sleepers as the music and loud partygoers last past 2am .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Saw2556,

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in this hotel a few times now and never had any complaints. Hotel is in a great location, right in the heart of temple bar and beside some lovely cocktail bars. I can't say it's a noisy hotel as I'm always returning at 2/3 and would sleep through a storm, but I wouldn't recommend it all the same of you plan on going to bed early. Temple bar is a lively area..every night!! The only thing to wake me was the bin men..they start early!

The rooms were lovely and clean, maybe a little on the small side but does the job. Staff were always friendly.

The only downside is that there is no parking with this hotel so you have to park in a public car park across the road which can be expensive.

• Stayed: April 2012
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Fionak2013,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Temple Bar Hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to hear this enhanced your stay. We hope to see you again.

I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of the team here.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I really enjoyed my 2 nights at the Temple Bar Hotel where the staff are friendly and the room is clean and a fair size. I also appreciated the free wi-fi (even though the signal was very weak on the 2nd floor). But, I've just got to knock off that 5th point in my overall score for 2 reasons. Firstly, even with an extra oil heater in my room it was bitter cold. The bathroom particularly was an ice block. Secondly, the noise (and I was in a room facing the back). I appreciate that Temple Bar is Dublin's party spot and I selected this hotel for its proximity to the Olympia Theatre but the hotel haven't even attempted any soundproofing. Such a shame, the location for accessing all Dublin couldn't be better and there's a little Tesco opposite for anything you've forgotten. If you do decide to book this hotel, my big tip is to get a rate that includes breakfast, which is fantastic and has lots to choose from.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dallas2Raleigh
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Dallas2Raleigh,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay here at Temple Bar Hotel. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve the service that we offer our guests. I was disappointed to read your comments about the heating problem you encountered during your stay.
We are currently reviewing our heating system to ensure that such short comings are not experienced in the future.

We hope to see you again

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I chose this hotel due to its location in the centre of the music bars and in between the 2 main shopping areas. Great hotel, clean rooms, some decorating going on while we stayed but well signed friendly staff and good facilities - If you go prepared for noise in terms of the music - take some ear plugs if you settle in early and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I'm sure the back would be quieter - we had a front facing room but no problem as we travelled w...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family