“Awesome location. Get a quiet room.”
Review of Temple Bar Hotel

Temple Bar Hotel
Ranked #35 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The first thing I did when I booked the Temple Bar Hotel was to request a quiet room on the top (fourth) floor, and the staff was glad to accommodate. I'm sure my experience would've been different if I got a "loud" room but given we were on the top floor facing the courtyard, all the noise from the street and the club drifted away. For the price, this is one of the best hotels you can book in Dublin, bar none.

First, the location is phenomenal: 3 minutes' walk from Trinity College; on the main drag with all of the major tourist pubs; 1 minute from the airport bus drop off and and pick up; across the street from a parking garage; across the street from a Tesco, a supermarket for cheap eats; a line of taxis sit outside the hotel 24/7 for a ride anywhere you'd want to go; a mobile phone store around the corner to get your UK SIM card. You're also not far from Grafton Street for shopping and more restaurants, and just a couple minutes more from St. Stephen's Green.

The room itself will never win awards for design, but it was sufficient for our purposes. It had working, free WiFi, in room TV, fridge, and a large bathroom. I had delusions of a nice room overlooking the street but didn't risk the noise levels and I'm glad I made that choice. The bed was comfortable with clean sheets; the towels were ready for our arrival. I liked that it took a hotel key to use the elevator for security purposes. The staff was helpful and friendly.

I'd give this hotel 5 stars if they did something for the noise levels, instead of forcing us into a courtyard room on the top floor. But the location more than overcomes - it overwhelms. If you can't get a quiet room, look elsewhere. But if you can, feel safe to book the Temple Bar Hotel and don't look back.

Room Tip: Like everyone else says, get a room on the top floor facing the courtyard. It will be a totally diff...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear larry_nyc,

Temple Bar Hotel, Dublin’s Most Centrally Located Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,415)

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is the first time we visited dublin. We only stayed 2 nights in this brilliant hotel located just in the center of a wonderful city.
Excellent rooms, amazing food at very reasonable prices.
Also owners were very polite, something not very common for Dublin.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear HasanGer,

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here with my bf for the haloween bank holiday weekend 2012 s had two nights payed fo
arrived at the hotel staff where very friendly which was brilliant went to the bedroom and it was like the windows where open they might as well have been. we are both in our 20's and it would have been nice to be able to have a conversation without saying what from all the noise outside the hotel .The windows where closed but it was so noisy in the room. We asked to be moved to a room that wasent too noisy the room they put us in was then twice as small and so cold.
It went from bad to worse.!!
Stood by the radiator and still barely any heat spent the time under the covers in order to keep myself warm before we went out. felt very uncomfortable and was quite disapointed , this but a downer to our experience there. iT felt more like a run down hostel then a hotel...
we ordered room service breakfast the next morning we asked for an irish breakfast. I was disgusted at what they gave us. one it wasent any where near an irish breakfast and two the price was way over for what we got. this hotel needs to address alot of issues . i would not recommend this hotel to anyone! it ruined our two nights in dublin. we often go to dublin once a month and thought we would give this hotel a go. we will never go back to this hotel again

Room Tip: just dont stay here plenty more hotels in dublin
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Dear smokey2011,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay in the Temple Bar Hotel. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve the service that we offer our guests. I was very disappointed to read your comments about the experience you encountered during your stay.
In relation to the noise you experienced, we are located right in the centre of Temple Bar and as such, from time to time we do suffer a degree of noise disruption from the surrounding business and equipment operation. We have various different room layouts and sizes. Unfortunately, some of the rooms vary in floor space depending on their location within the building.

I was very disappointed to read your comments about our breakfast – I would like to apologise for this and I assure you I will mention it to our Head Chef immediately.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and I hope this would not deter you from returning to the Temple Bar Hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

First time staying here.Situated in the busy tourist area of temple bar in Dublin city center.Check in was fast,we got the room for 75 euro online which is a great price for a nice room in Dublin.The room was very large and spotless.Was a bit concerned about noise as our room was facing the busy street but we slept like logs,didnt hear a peep/Would stay here again no problem

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keithrevenge

Dear Keithrevenge,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of your stay in the Temple Bar Hotel. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to read this enhanced your trip to Dublin. I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of the team here. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

This little hotel with comfortable accomodations is ideally located for the Dublin visitor. Depending on your room you might not get the rest you need for a busy traveler. Our double room was directly over the bar/disco next door and I am too old to join the fun and too young to sleep through anything! By 2 a.m. it was quiet so we adjusted our schedule. The included breakfast was quite filling, well prepared and served in the most friendly manner. The entire staff was one of the nicest we encountered in our 10 day stay in Ireland, always going that extra mile to help with every request. Next time I will ask for a better situated room! Until then I will just dream about being back in Dublin!

Room Tip: Anywhere but over the disco/bar!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Nanella,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Temple Bar Hotel. I was delighted to read your lovely comments and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind remarks to the rest of the team here.

Due to the fact that we are the most centrally located hotel in Dublin there can be noise on the streets.

We do have quiet rooms in the hotel and will always try to allocate them when requested, so if you choose to stay with us again in the future, we will be sure to accommodate you with one of these rooms.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I am from Dublin so i can comment well on this hotel.
Great location right in the middle of town, but far enough away from the madness.
This hotel isnt as noisy as people are making it out to be, there is a bar next door with a live band and dj (excellent live music, drink price expensive!)
Close to plenty of restauraunts to choose from (never ate in the hotel) Good value for money, rooms are very clean, cleaned daily and new towels etc.
Happy trip!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Hi 63Michelle63,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Temple Bar Hotel. I was delighted to read your lovely comments. We pride ourselves on our central location and I am delighted to hear this enhanced your stay.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Gorgeous hotel rooms, very spacious and right in the heart of Dublin! Had everything we needed - bar fridge, bath/shower (very spacious en suite). And our booking came with tickets to the Guiness Storehouse - great value!

A very unique experiemce of Ireland - but be warned, you may be woken (at 3am when the bars close) with people chanting if you have a room overlooking the street. We found it rather amusing, but if you had a business meeting you might be less impressed.

Great location - walking distance from everything, and a supermarket across the road with a wide range,.

Room Tip: Unless you want to be woken by chanting when the bars close - ask for a room at the back of the hote...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple