“Great hotel in the main centre book now”
Review of Temple Bar Hotel

Temple Bar Hotel
Ranked #38 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Fantastic location and great room size, loved being in the centre of everything and would defiantly go back! Make sure you have a walk around the cobbled streets and get lost in Dublin great place. A must is the Guinness factory as well, find out how it's made and then have a glass at a fantastic glass room/bar at the top! Even if your not a fan of Guinness it's still worth the trip to the bar in the roof

• Stayed: October 2011
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Hi Danny A,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Temple Bar Hotel.
We pride ourselves on being Dublins most centrally located hotel and I am delighted to hear our location helped make your trip even more enjoyable.

I hope to see you back again very soon.

Temple Bar Hotel, Dublin’s Most Centrally Located Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,393)

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My friends & myself got a cheap deal for a city break to Dublin & this was the hotel included. Wasnt too sure what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised.

Fantastic location, As it's on Fleet street, temple bar its right next to all the pubs, clubs and restaurants. Main shopping area only a 10 minute walk away and bus stops, tours and museaums.

The staff are very friendly and accomadating. Even brought a fan to our room one night when it was quite warm. The rooms were lovely, very clean and all the facilities you'd need.

One small issue was the noise as our room was right at the front of the hotel. I had ear plugs with me anyway so didnt hear it much but if you are a light sleeper i sudgest asking for a room at the back of the hotel.

The bed was extremely comfortable.

Can't rate this hotel enough. Will be coming back next year with my parents in tow!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper or easily disturbed, might be best to ask for a room at the back of the h...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Hi Stacey L

Many thanks for taking the time to review your trip to Temple Bar Hotel. I was delighted to read your fantastic comments on the facilities available in the hotel and how accommodating the staff where during your stay. It’s also great to hear you took advantage of our central location, being part of the busy cultural quarter Temple Bar is something we pride ourselves on. It is always lovely to hear such great feedback.

I look forward to welcoming both you and your parents next year.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The Hotel is situated right in the temple bar area, surrounded by many cafes, restaurants, clubs and Tesco is opposite to it. Ideal location for tourists. Air coach station is just round the corner.

The room is of reasonable size, basic and adequate. It can be noisy as one can hear disco music at night and truck clearing beer bottles early in the morning. I'm tolerant in terms of noise level hence I found it okay. If you are easily disturbed by noise, temple bar is not an area for you.

Graffton Street (where the shops are) is about 5-10 mins walk. Trinity College Dublin and various museums are all within walking distance.

Hotel staff are generally nice and helpful. Wifi is free and at good speed. No complaint about this.

We did not try the hotel breakfast as there are plenty of choices around. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Kolokolu,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Temple Bar Hotel.
We proud ourselves on being Dublin’s most centrally located hotel and I am glad that our location enhanced your stay. I am also delighted to hear the staff were helpful during your stay, I will pass on your kind remarks.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dublin.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This hotel had a restaurant downstairs which serves breakfast in the A.M. Right next door was a restaurant and with a pub - you can sit in doors or outdoors. The location could not be better from the tours, like the Dublin Castle/Christchurch Cathedral tours. Hard Rock Cafe is also a few steps down the road on the same Fleet Street. The train line we used to get to Belfast was less than one mile frm the hotel. The staff was very helpful and very friendly. The internet in the rooms worked great and was wireless. There are plenty of shops around the hotel for getting souvenirs, and also a grocery literally RIGHT across the street. Definately recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Shane G

Hi Shane G,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your trip to Temple Bar Hotel. I was delighted to read your fantastic comments on the facilities available in the hotel and our central location. It is always lovely to hear such great feedback.

I will pass on your comments to the rest of the team and I hope to see you back again very soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I loved the location because of the quaint circle it forms around Temerity bar. The people were very welcoming and I was able to walk everywhere without feeling u safe and knowing my way back in foot. They had.an awesome buffet breakfest every morning and great restuarants near by . It was by far my favorite place in Dublin.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Graybarnett

Thank you for taking the time to review the Temple Bar Hotel.
I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and the buffet breakfast each morning. We are proud to be Dublin’s most centrally located hotel and part of the busy cultural quarter, Temple Bar and it sounds like you really made use of our location and the amenities in the surrounding area.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is a superb hotel located within the heart of the city. All buses go from the end of the street 100 metres. Attractions within walking distance. City bicycles for hire at end of street.
Room nice size, clean and well equipped. Safe did not work, maintenance fixed within minutes. Staff on arrival very well trained and welcoming.
Fantastic for a city break.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
tbhmgt, General Manager at Temple Bar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Susiefage

Thank you for taking the time to review Temple Bar Hotel.

I will pass on your feedback regarding our friendly staff to the rest of the team

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel was beautiful and centrally located. I was very pleased with the lobby, the breakfast, the room, and the service. I blew a fuse in the room and maintenance came to fix it immediately. The hotel is located right across from a parking garage, in which they give youa discounted rate for so it's great if you have a car with you. My only complaint would be the noise level. This hotel is right on Fleet Street in Temple Bar, which is a very rowdy area at night. Our room was in the back of the hotel so I thought we would avoid noise issues, however, our window was in an alley way. The noise from the main street traveled down the alley. I had trouble sleeping all night as I heard the partying noise outside, drunk people yelling and singing, and bar owners dumping bottles into a dumpster all night. I would recommend this hotel based on location and it's interior, however, I would ask for a room facing the courtyard. You wont get a view, but you will sleep much better.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear AshleyCady,

Thanks for your review on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologise for the noise you experienced during your stay with us. Due to the fact that we are the most centrally located hotel in Dublin there can be noise on the streets at the weekends. I am however delighted that the location along with the interior and service of the Temple Bar Hotel staff made your stay an enjoyable.

Best wishes,