“Great value, good quality, close to the city centre”
Review of Herbert Park Hotel

Herbert Park Hotel
Ranked #13 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We booked this hotel on Last Minute and got a great deal called Fabulous Friday which included a free bottle of prosecco. The first room we got smelt of smoke but they changed the room straight away with no issue. We were meeting family and friends close to Grafton Street and it's only a short taxi ride away, although you could walk it in about 25 minutes. Service was good and the standard of rooms and breakfast was very good. Parking is free and secure. It's a nice quiet area so you won't be kept awake with the noise of Dublin night life! I will definitely use the hotel again.

1  Thank Damien G
Write a ReviewReviews (2,487)

Reviewed August 20, 2013

A bright, clean and modern hotel. Staff were busy but always friendly. The room service breakfast was larger than expected and very good.

Parking in the limited underground carpark was precarious due to the sloppy parking of some cars.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night and have to say I would not be rushing back.

On check in to the hotel were presented with our registration card to sign and noticed straight away that the address used for me was an English one – strange as I never lived there. I pointed it out to the guy and reception and he said just cross it out and put in mind, most likely just another guest with the same name – not good as when booked I gave my address.

The room was nice but no tea or coffee in the room and you had to pay €3.50 to have it – come on that’s a joke.

The bar man on that night was very nice and friendly the only plus in the hotel. On checking out the lady on reception took a call never said excuse me or asked the person to hold just went to check us out and stayed talking on the phone. No manners

All in all the staff were rude and will not be back

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank buletide
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Recently stayed here on my way and way back home due to early morning flight at Dublin airport. I really enjoyed my stay. The location is fantastic, Ballsbridge is a great area and I highly recommend Roly's. Back to the hotel. Great location right beside the lovely Herbert Park. The room on the way back I preferred because it looked onto the court yard whereas on the way only looked onto the back of the hotel. So try to get one of the front facing rooms. The rooms themselves are lovely: very spacious, bright, clean and modern. The bathrooms are fantastic. Didnt hear any noise at night which is a huge bonus for me. Wifi is now available all throughout the hotel. I see a lot of people with the tea making facilities-or lack of. It must be my time out of the country but this really didnt bother me. We paid 3.50 for a tea and coffee to be delivered to our room. I thought this was very good value (maybe the hotel could throw in a few extra biscuits) and personally Id prefer to pay for a fresh cup than to make it with milk that has been lying around all day. Although I see Im in the minority in this but at 109euros the night I dont see the big deal. The only reason the hotel gets 4 stars instead of 5 is the breakfast. The breakfast room itself is lovely and the buffet of toast, cereals etc is perfect but I hate hotels obsession (and its not the only one) of having the hot breakfast buffet style. An Irish fry just isnt the same in the heated plates. Id prefer to eat less and have it made fresh for me.However, I see this isnt the norm in Ireland at the moment which is a pity. This is the only negative thing about an excellent stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed at the Herbert Park Hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary.We stay at this hotel on any trip to Dublin and it is a First Class Establishment!
From the minute you arrive you are subjected to the upper most standards of courtesy and service.The location of the hotel could not be better, in the Ballsbridge area.We have been staying here for years now having followed a friends recommendation,and have never looked back.
For this most recent stay we booked the indulgence package.On arrival we found we had been upgraded to a fantastic 5th floor room(we have stayed on most floors and non will disappoint).
The finite touches such as tea/coffee on arrival,the prossecco and the attention and attitude of staff would make us recommend this hotel to anyone without fear of disappointment.
The food is first class,served in the lovely surroundings of the pavilion restaurant with the bar and foyer area a relaxing area to spend time.
Walk out your door and turn right(20metres) into 40 odd acres of stunning parks,well maintained and complete with lakes and birds. Walk or jog and burn off some of those calories,ideal for kids with safe well maintained play areas etc.A good walk through the beautiful Ballsbridge and you are at St Stephens Green and all Dublin has to offer(the craics mighty).Aviva and RDS on your doorstep.
Have stayed in several hotels in Dublin over the years but having discovered this one years ago there is simply only one choice for us"The Herbert Park"

Room Tip: There all good.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Herbert Park Hotel proved to be a good venue for an overnight reunion of a small group of ladies. The Fabulous Friday package was good value. We had dinner that night... Siva, our waiter for the night, was friendly, good-humoured and efficient. Lovely to have Herbert Park on the doorstep for a stroll the following morning.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Lovely location near the RDS ,nice rooms very good service with suburb staff . Great location for the horse show as it is in the heart of it all but nice and quiet.......the best of both worlds. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room would be a BIG plus.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking the park.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family