“Nice place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Nice place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is an elegant modern hotel in a nice area of Dublin.
The mattress was firm. I liked having the clock on the TV and it lit even when the TV was off which was nice.
The breakfast was the best we had during our Irish Explorer CIE Tour. A wide variety and it was all good.
I can't think of anything bad to say except that it is not in the downtown heart of Dublin.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
, Guest Relations Manager at Herbert Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Whereareyourgoing,

Thank you for your review on your stay with us, and we are delighted that our breakfast was the best on your trip around Ireland. We hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards,

Gavan Feighery,
Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Finnish first
reading pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The Herbert Park Hotel is a modern beautiful hotel in an attractive neighborhood in Dublin about a 20 minute walk from center city. I liked this location because it was in a neighborhood with beautiful townhouses and Herbert Park...of course. The lobby, bar and restaurant have great style and atmosphere. The staff is helpful... I left my coat in the bar. Five minutes later a staff member was at my door returning my coat.
The rooms are attractive and the bed was firm but still comfortable. I really liked this place. It just had a good feel...cosmopolitan yet friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
, Guest Relations Manager at Herbert Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Dear jjspike,
Thanks for the review on Herbert Park Hotel, We're delighted you enjoyed your stay with and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Gaven, Guest Relations
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

As always excellent service, lovely room and friendly staff. Room price still acceptable unlike other Dublin Hotels who put their prices up for the concert. I find this hotel excellent and exceptional value and always stay here during my many trips to Dublin. Lovely location great for the Aviva and for concerts in the RDS or for shopping trips!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear microaid,
Thanks for the review and we're so pleased you enjoy staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We booked this hotel through an internet website. We booked an executive room so that my husband could have extra space to work as he was in Dublin on Business. Where to begin - the hotel itself was lovely and the room quite spacious. This is where the good bit ends. I object to being taken for a ride. 15 euro for internet charges when you can go to the pub a minute away from the hotel or Starbucks which is also near to the hotel or even the buses in Dublin which have free wifi. My next annoyance was when I asked at reception for an ironing board and iron. I was told I could only have one when I wanted to do the ironing as this was on a rota basis and they would need it back. Another issue was that there was no tea/coffee making facilities in the room, indeed they wanted to charge 3.50 euros to supply this. Then there was the breakfast in your room issue. They kindly gave a list of what you could order but no indication of prices - they were however very quick to point out that there would be a 6.50 euro charge per tray. Also, parking charges were 10 euro per night and if ever you had forgotten your adaptor, as is usual in most other hotels you think you could get one by leaving a deposit - no at this hotel you pay 12 euro for a new one. Dear me, I know trade is hard in Ireland at the moment but all these extras just end up annoying people. Even hotel groups like Premier Inns/Holiday Inns have some of the above as standard.

The reason I have put sad in my title is that we were there on the evening of the Euro Spain -v- France match. We saw the first half from the pub mentioned above Bellamys. We decided to go back and sit in the hotel for the second half. The lobby has a lovely large area for sitting in with deep sofas and chairs. Apart from three other people we were the only people there. There was no one in the restaurant at all. There was no music, there was also no T.V. I think this hotel is missing the point. They are situated in a lovely residential area and could offer so much to the local residents.

Another point about the staff - I found them to be quite rude and cold. I can honestly understand why locals do not go there. We were not made to feel welcome or wanted even though we were spending money there.

Maybe some people would be happy to pay for this sort of service but I nor my husband will not. As mentioned in a previous review there are many good hotels in Dublin at far more reasonable prices and with staff who are willing to talk to you and appreciate you. Please see my reviews on Best Western Skylon and also Crown Plaza Northwood.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Angela T
, Guest Relations Manager at Herbert Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Angela T
We’re disappointed to read your review on the Hotel. It’s such a shame you did not book one of our great value inclusive packages on the Hotel website which include all of the items that you mentioned as extra charges. I can see that you booked a room only rate, which of course includes none of the extras. We really recommend our packages as they are the best value.

We offer a 4 star hotel cocktail bar & lounge to our guests and patrons. We can appreciate that this may not be to everyone’s taste especially on a Euro Cup match night, but as you mentioned there are several great pubs on our doorstep which cater for this need.

We’re pleased that you liked the hotel and the bedrooms were to your satisfaction. It is a shame we did not strike the right cord with you on all of your stay. If you would like to speak with me in person about your stay please contact me via the Hotel email info@herbertparkhotel.ie or telephone on 01 6672200.

mayo, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Read the reviews before I went and if I had another alternative price wise I would have jumped at it. I was pleasently surprised by how nice the hotel was on first view. Very bright and modern. Staff at check in we're courteous and efficient. Room was spotless and larger than some I've stayed in with similar star rating. Breakfast was nice. Only small gripe was that as it was 10 and breakfast stopped at 10.30 ran out items were not replaced ie sausages and potatoe cakes. But the selection was varied. I was very happy with my stay and if I got another similar online deal would be more than happy to stay again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank bernie129
Dear Bernie123,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your stay. We're delighted that you enjoyed Herbert Park Hotel and we we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind regards
cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I love this hotel and stay here a lot. It is bright and full of light. The food is very good, breakfasts are especially delicious. The staff are very helpful and friendly. It is located beside a beautiful park, so even though you are within walking distance of the city centre, you also have the calming effect of nature. The hotel also does special offers, which are the best value in Dublin. I think it is one of the nicest hotels in the world.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tealovercork
cork
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

i stayed here recently for work and was very happy with the hotel. I have stayed in the past both for work and leisure and I am always happy with it. As a female travelling on my own for work I think the hotel is very safe, the food area in the bar is very nice and comfortable, although the price of the coffees even an americano is way too much. I would recommend the hotel and will go abck when I am in Dublin next.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business