“A lovely stay in Dublin.”
Review of Hampton Hotel

Hampton Hotel
Ranked #29 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed June 9, 2014

A clean and friendly environment from the very start. At the airport we were able to catch a bus to downtown and able to be dropped off nearly a block from the hotel. Easy walking distance to shops, restaurant and bars. The cafe/bar in the hotel is also really nice. We didn't eat there but the espresso was great. Also, the bathroom was huge.

Room Tip: Our room looked our over the back which wasn't the prettiest option, perhaps the front might hav...
1  Thank Euro T
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your review, and your choosing to stay with us. I'll pass your nice comments to our team.

While it's a long way from Michigan, I hope you would consider us again if you were back in Dublin.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We loved our stay in the Hampton. The staff were friendly and helpful. The decor is absolutely fabulous, very art deco !!
The rooms were spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated and the bathrooms were gorgeous.
Would have no hesitation in staying in this hotel again or in recommending it to friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

What a great review! Thank you very much for taking the time to post it. Feedback like that means a lot to us.

Hope we can welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Arrived to Hotel 9am hours before checking time, Very friendly lady behind the desk stored our bags for us and gave us information about local area, buses and attractions. We arrived back at the hotel later in the day checked Into the 4th Floor room, Very clean, Spacious, Beautifully Decorated with a super funky bathroom.
Cant stress enough how great the staff were, food in the bistro was lovely and weather was great so we sat outside.
I must note because I have read quite a few reviews about the night club. I was aware of the night club even before I booked the hotel, on arrival I was also informed that there would be some noise. Being on the 4th floor we could hear the night club when listening for it but it was no issue for us at all. I will definitely be staying at the Hampton again

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your lovely review! It was very kind of you to take the time to post it.

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I spent 3 nights with my football team in the hotel and we all had a great time.
The rooms were great, the food and service in the bar was wonderful and the staff were extremely kind and hard working. They couldn't do enough for us. Would highly reccommend this hotel.

Room Tip: On Saturday nights rooms away from nightclub as you can hear the music till the early hours.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thanks a million for your great review. It was a pleasure having your group in the hotel. You added a lot of atmosphere to our Bar during the Real Madrid v Athletico Madrid Champions League Final.

From a purely personal standpoint, your group booking also meant that we had no One Direction fans staying with us that week! (they had a three-night stint in Croke Park during your stay). As a Springsteen fan, I thank you...

We really appreciate your business and you taking the time to leave a review.

Hope you'll think of us on your return visit to Dublin!

John Clarke

Disclaimer: My One Direction comment is in no way a slur on the passion and obvious enthusiasm of their great fans. It's just that Bruce is better. Check him out kids!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I booked this hotel as a surprise getaway for my partners birthday and I could not have been happier. I emailed the hotel last week before the stay to ask about breakfast and as a result they upgraded the room to the next level up.

The room was massive, clean and beautifully decorated. On the Friday night we enjoyed drinks in the downstairs bar where they had a live singer on until around 11pm. After which the bar stayed open and the staff were so friendly and accommodating.

There's a nightclub attached to the hotel which seemed busy but we called it quits as the bar closed, though we were told we could continue to drink in the reception area if we wanted, which was also beautifully decorated.

The next morning we ordered room service and got two massive Irish breakfasts which were delicious and reasonably priced.

The hotel is great for anyone visiting Dublin as it's on the bus route for the airport and is well serviced by local buses with a bus stop right outside the hotel. The staff were all really helpful and I couldn't fault our stay.

For all the reviews about noise from the nightclub I can't say we noticed, don't let that put you off this gem of hotel, if we're ever back in Dublin I know where we'll stay!

Room Tip: If you're worried about noise ask for a room at the far side of the hotel. We stayed in 202 and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your great review. I'm really delighted that you both enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the time you took to share your experience.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

The room is small but nice, and it is clean and updated. The staff is pleasant. The only problem is that the music in the Vanilla lounge is so loud that it kept us up on the 4th floor. And then there was a wild party across the hall, and that went on for hours longer. Was happy to leave and go to a different hotel and actually sleep.

1  Thank Leanne H
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay with us. I am very glad that you enjoyed the hotel, with the exception of our nightclub!

With respect, I would like to address this, not only as a response to you, but for the benefit of others who are considering a weekend stay with us.

While we are situated in a lovely, foliage-rich street in an upmarket Dublin area, for two nights a week, we open a boutique, up-market club called Vanilla - a stunning venue that has appeared in many fashion shoots, including international pictorials for Fashion TV.

Every single booking engine and third party site that we use has a very clear message alerting guests to the fact that we have a nightclub that opens during the weekend.

This gives our guests the information that they need to decide whether they will stay with us and enjoy the free entry to our nightclub (as many guests do), or whether to seek a more tranquil weekend retreat, particularly if you need an early night. We also have this nightclub caveat on our confirmation emails.

We genuinely want guests to enjoy their stay with us. For this reason, we neither hide nor obfuscate the fact that we have a nightclub, and that noise will be a factor on Friday and Saturday nights. It disappoints us when guests are aware of this, have confirmation of this, and yet, are themselves disappointed when they discover that it is true.

I am sorry that this impacted on your stay. I sincerely hope that others reading your review will take stock of our attempts to manage our guests expectations. If they choose to stay with us, and dust off their dancing shoes in Vanilla - great! If not, we would completely understand.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed for 3 nights with my boyfriend. Overall, an enjoyable stay with some very good points. However, a couple of areas good have been improved on to make the stay more enjoyable.
Therefore, I felt the fairest way to review was to talk about the positives and negatives of our stay.
Positives:
- friendly staff
- lovely location with great surroundings
- good food in a lovely bar/bistro- breakfast was especially nice and all food is very reasonably priced
- nice facilities in the hotel and lovely decor

Negatives:
- very small double bed - this sounds like a strange comment but at 5 foot 7, unless the top of my head was against the headboard, my feet reached the end of the bed! With such lavish decor etc, I would hope the beds to be a bit more luxurious.
- Room temperature - way too hot at night and the windows don't open. There is air con but this doesn't go down below 19 and therefore appeared to be blowing out hot air (very noisily). We spoke to reception to complain about this but there wasn't much they could do. Unfortunately, this made for an uncomfortable nights sleep on 2 out of the 3 as the room was very stuffy.
- noise - the hotel very kindly accommodated my request for an upper floor and they make it clear from when you book. But I would re-iterate that noise from the nightclub and close by road doesn't equate to a peaceful stay.
- fluctuating room service -

All in all, we had an enjoyable stay and would likely return if we were in the Dublin area. However, in comparison to other places we have stayed we feel that there are a few improvements to be made.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank PT1989

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your visit and for leaving a review of your stay.

You're very kind for commenting on our friendly staff, our location, and facilities. I'm delighted you enjoyed your meals here.

Regarding the bed size, only four of our rooms are 'Standard Double' with queen-sized beds - the rest of our rooms all have either King-sized or Super King-sized beds. If you do visit us again, please choose the Standard King, Select, or Luxury Room types, as they all have much larger beds.

On the room temperature, as a listed building with heavy Georgian sash windows, we have to keep these locked as a matter of safety. It leaves us depending on air-conditioning to regulate the temperature in the rooms. I will check on whether a setting lower than 19 degrees can be installed. It had been recommended as the ideal room temperature for bedrooms. Personal preferences have to be considered though, so I will certainly investigate this. There is a separate computer that can turn on and off the air conditioning in rooms - it can also put it in heat mode or cool mode, depending on the time of year. If the air conditioning was still delivering warm air to a room that was already warm and supposed to be set at 19 deg, it sounds as though this computer should have been rebooted to ensure that it was the cool mode that was on. It appears that it may have been stuck on the warm setting. I'll make sure everyone on our team keeps an eye out for this. I'm very sorry it impacted on your sleep. It hasn't been particularly warm lately, but we'll check each unit so that we are confident of their performance when Summer actually arrives!

Regarding the Nightclub, it is indeed open every Saturday and on most Fridays. We make every effort to make this clear, as you graciously confirm yourself. We try to be as honest and open as we can in terms of expectations. It is, admittedly, quite difficult to find a quiet hotel room on a Saturday night in Dublin. We, along with most hotels with a club or late bar, try to inform the booker in advance of the reservation being made, so that all the factors can be considered before choosing a hotel. That said, it's a lovely quiet neighbourhood every other night of the week though.

Thank you again for your business and your feedback.