“Not your average decor...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Hotel

Hampton Hotel
Ranked #19 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Phoenix, Arizona
“Not your average decor...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We like staying in smaller boutique hotels instead of the larger chains...they usually have more character, and we must say, the Hampton Hotel has an interesting decor. Very clean, large rooms, and a very friendly, helpful staff. Overall an enjoyable stay. Our only issue was the bed...two twins put together so you have the ridge in the middle and one side was saggy...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your custom and for taking the time to submit a review of your stay. It is greatly appreciated. We're glad you liked our decor. You're right - it's not exactly run of the mill! We like to be different. Thank you for your comment regarding the bed. The thick mattress protector is supposed to minimise the change of noticing the gap between mattresses, but we'll have a look at this.

We hope you consider us again should you return to Dublin in the future.

John Clarke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Greek first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Loved this hotel and can't wait for a return visit. The location is perfect, in a gorgeous, upscale village outside the city center and very accessible by buses. It's great to stay out of the hustle and bustle of the city noise. The rooms are very comfortable and attractive. The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall, a terrific stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit such a great review. We really appreciate it. I hope that we'll see you when you next visit Ireland.

Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed in this hotel two nights after our wedding - it was the start of our honeymoon, as we were travelling around the country and this was our first stop. My bridesmaid had booked it as a surprise for us and I assume that she told them that we would be on honeymoon but this was not mentioned on check in, a little disappointment. We were in a Style Room, which was lovely and spacious, and the decor of the place is very funky. Not very much to choose from on the menu, but what we ordered was nice and girl was very pleasant serving us.

My main reason for posting this review is to thank the accomodation staff for their honesty. When we checked in we put an envelope with all our cash gifts from our wedding in it into the safe in our room, but checked out without it!! We got a call for Ronnie to say that the girl that had found it, went and got a witness and they both signed and sealed the envelope and it was in the general managers safe waiting for collection. Needless to say we were very red faced by our mistake (we are blaming sleep deprivation :) ), but are so so grateful the Hampton staff...

Thank you for a lovely stay and hopefully we will be back

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay with us. We really do appreciate it.

We're delighted that you chose us as a part of your honeymoon. I'm afraid we had no remark on your reservation mentioning this. We are usually a lot better picking up on such important details. I would have given you an upgrade had I realised. I am very glad you liked your room, and the hotel, regardless.

I will pass your thanks to our housekeeping team. They are very careful when it comes to guest belongings. We always make sure that there are two staff members present whenever items (cash in particular) are found in a safe. We package, sign, and seal the envelope with witnesses present - and I hold them in my safe until collected. I trust my team completely, but this process gives our customers added peace-of-mind in the event that anything is left behind.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your honeymoon. And please pass our thanks to your Bridesmaid for choosing us.

Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I was the guest in the Hampton Hotel as I was taking part of a conference nearby the hotel.The experience was great.The night receptionist was great, really helpful and recommended me and my husband great places to visit and eat around Dublin.And would like to bring this into managers attention(I think the guy's name was Sergio)because we previously had bad experience with untrained reception staff.As we had this nice experience,everything else followed it:the room,the bathroom which was hudge and exactly what we needed after exploring Dublin.
I highly recommend this to you all,as you won't be disappointed.One small thing,I was surprised how in a hotel's bar,the staff can watch TV during their shift,with customers around.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much, both for staying with us, and for sharing your experience in a review.

I have congratulated Sergiu for delivering such good service to you. He was delighted to have received the recognition. A hotel can have the funkiest decor and rooms but ultimately, it is our staff who make all the difference. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, despite the long hours at a nearby conference.

I'm surprised by our bar team. We have two large TVs and a Big Screen in our bar, and with the football back on, we would always show the matches. If their team is playing, you can expect the odd glance to catch the score, but the focus should always be on our customers. I'll be sure to mention it to them.

Thank you again for your custom.

Draper, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This is an older hotel with good parking for a rental car; it has free Wi Fi and nice large rooms and my wife was real happy with the bathrooms, beds, and pillows. The staff is very nice here, We did not eat in the Hotel Restaurant because we wanted to eat at the rip Advisor's top rated restaurants in Ireland, and for the most part we were not disappointed.

We stayed at the Arbutus in part to get more familiar with Dublin, this being our first trip to Ireland. The hop on hop off bus tour will pick you up at the front desk, for a very nice all day tour of Dublin. We hopped onto the Red Buses and were entertained by the Irish tour directors. Talk to the Arbutus Staff and they will make the arrangements.

If you drive a rental car in Dublin you would be wise to rent or buy an navigator or else you might not find the Arbutus and many other hotels.. I purchased a Nuvi 1300 Garmin, based on reviews of those that traveled around Ireland,before we came to Ireland. I would have been totally lost if not for the Garmin, but even the Garmin got confused on some streets in Dublin. We did find the "Vintage Kitchen Restaurant on Poolbeg Street which is the number one rated restaurant by Trip Advisors in Dublin, and that is a very hard place to find. .

The Arbutus is a good hotel, it is not a truly great hotel, however it is well price for the value it offers and I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks you so much for taking the time to submit a review, of both the hotel, and your experience in Dublin.

It is very useful for anyone planning a visit to our city.

We hope you had a safe journey home to Utah.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Definitely recommend this hotel. Spent an enjoyable couple of nights here, the room is stylish and comfortable. The reception staff were great, very friendly and helpful. Takes 15-20 mins to walk into the centre of Dublin, look out for cafe java on the way

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. It is much appreciated.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Dublin.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I traveled solo to a conference, for which this was one of the hotels a short walk away from the conference venue. The hotel is conveniently located in the upscale neighborhood of Donnybrook, but easily accessible to the city center. The room was ample, my bathroom was huge, and clean. The front desk staff were exceedingly friendly and went out of their way to provide information and guidance about Dublin. Breakfast was included in my room charges, was a choice from the menu, which was just okay. I'll be back when I have more time to explore as a tourist.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for submitting a review of your hampton hotel experience. It means a lot to us.

We hope to be able to welcome you back when you have your 'tourist' hat on!