“Gorgeous hotel for our honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hampton Hotel

Hampton Hotel
Ranked #23 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
“Gorgeous hotel for our honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

The hotel was beautiful and the room was the most comfortable of our stay in ireland after staying at bed and breakfasts. Felt like staying at a much higher end hotel, the spa like bath was a hige treat. Far walk to town center, but we knew that going in. Free parking was a remarkable plus

• Stayed September 2013
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as a part of your honeymoon. We honoured to have been included in your itinerary. Thank you very much for your kind review. I'll be sure to pass the positive comments to the team.

John Clarke

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Greek first
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed here for several nights whilst on business.

I was pleasently surprised.

I loved the decor and the hotel looked fresh and well looked after.

Reception staff on checking in and out were really friendly and welcoming.

Bar/ restaurant staff friendly.

Good 2 nights sleep in comfortable large room.

Had dinner there and breakfasts twice and was very good.

Definifetly going to use this as my Dublin base and would recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your Tripadvisor review. We're very grateful that you took the time, and we're delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here on a Monday night with a young baby. The service from staff was excellent. The decor throughout the hotel is fab. The room we had was lovely with all the things you would expect to have in a hotel of its rating. The tv was huge! The bathroom was also very spacious. We had a quiet room at the back of the hotel. The negatives of this hotel would be that the bed seemed to be two beds pushed together and one of them was awfully noisy every time you moved so I would check the beds before settling in a room. The other main downside is that the hotel is not equipped to cater for a baby (or indeed a person in a wheelchair) with steps at every entrance and no baby changing facilities in the bar/restaurant/reception area. In saying this we managed fine and enjoyed our stay. It is a beautiful hotel in a lovely area of Dublin with only a 20 minute walk to the top of Grafton Street. I would stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Could be noisy at weekend as there is a nightclub so ask for room away from this noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Maria D,

I am very grateful that you took the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. Thank you for the great feedback. We can certainly do something about the baby changing services. Hopefully we will have something in place should you visit us again. We will check our beds as well. They are all only a few years old, so they shouldn't be making noise, but I'm glad you brought it to my attention - we'll look into that today.

Thank you very much for your custom and for your review.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Lovely boutique hotel, good value if you book early.

They were able to provide a cot bed and as the rooms do not have a fridge the bar downstairs were happy to keep milk in the fridge for my little one.

Only negative is the cook always over cooks eggs...poached or fried

Room Tip: maybe quieter if you request a room away from the main road and the bar
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Dear IslandChickinLondon,

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. It means a lot to us when people take time to share their experience. It's also very useful to get some feedback. I don't like overcooked eggs either - that's something we can fix! Thanks for letting us know. We take our breakfast seriously, especially in the sourcing of the produce. I'd hate to think we were doing the produce a dis-service. Again, I appreciate your review - I hope you keep us in mind on your next visit to Dublin.

Galway Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here on a monday and tuesday night with my 14 yr old daughter. We really liked this hotel, especially the huge TV and we were able to watch dvds and listen to cds that we had bought on our shopping trip. This was invaluable when travelling with a teenager.

The room was a good size and the bathroom was huge with a nice big bath and great big towels.I wasn't a huge fan of the bed as it was a little hard but thats just personal taste.

Breakfast was nice and very well priced.

There was a delighted man at the reception who was just so friendly and helpful
The buses stop outside the hotel and seem to run nonstop. Just make sure that you have an endless supply of change for the buses as they dont give back change.

I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear busytime,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. I'll be sure to pass them to our team.

We're lucky to have a new, completely refurbished building and all our rooms are to the same standard as yours. I'm sorry you found the bed a little hard. They are good for the back, but some people prefer the softer mattress. If anyone mentions this, we can place one or two duvets over the mattress itself and this creates a very soft cushioning effect, for those who prefer this.

I'm very grateful that you took the time to submit this review. I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip to Dublin.

John
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Some poor reviews on here but not sure why. Our room was lovely (bar the view - just a car park), the food served at the restaurant was good value and very tasty and the city was just a 1 road, 20min walk away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tim B,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us. I'm happy that we exceeded your expectations and that the hotel was a good base for you to explore the city. I see you made the best of your time in Dublin and saw many of our top attractions.

I hope you consider us again next time you visit Dublin.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

The service was good and friendly. I suggest you verify your bill if eating in the restaurant. We were double charged for an item included in the meal as a separate item. The room was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. My biggest complaint was that on the Friday night, after a tiring day of walking, we returned to a "huge" party in the front of the hotel... guess where our room was facing ... the front of the hotel. There is a disco downstairs, the weather was unusually warm while we were in Ireland. The partiers stayed outside until 3:30 a.m. I barely slept. I had called at 11:00 p.m. and they told me that the customers would be going inside the disco...they did not. The next day of sightseeing was a bit rough on not enough sleep. That is my only complaint. It was otherwise, a beautiful place to stay.

Room Tip: If you go on a Friday, ask for a room facing the BACK of the hotel so that you can be sure to have a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mpsONEILL
hamptonhotel, Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear mpsONeill,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and your trip to Ireland.

My sincerest apologies for the noise on Friday night. Normally, our club would only be open on Saturday night but the club was booked for a corporate event. They would usually be inside but you're right, the unusually warm weather meant that many of them stayed outside on the Terrace. Luckily, or unluckily, depending on the perspective, this would be a rare enough occurrence (both the Friday party and the heatwave) - our rooms in the back are well isolated from any street noise - they must not have been available when you checked in with us. It can be a fine line for city hotels - having a great atmosphere on the one hand - and providing a quiet stay on the other. It is a balance that we will strive to improve upon.

Thank you again for your review.