“It is what it is....”
Review of Hampton Hotel

Hampton Hotel
Ranked #29 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Ok so this comes from two perspectives. Firstly mine and my husbands. We were allowed to park at the hotel at 9am, despite check in not open until 3pm. We left the car, went into town, had lunch then went back. At 3pm we were told we could not check in until 4pm because the room was still not ready. We went to the nightclub later that night- it wasn't great. It was pretty empty, the bar service was poor and my husband got started on by some random guys. We got no sleep because we could hear the music (and feel the vibrations) despite being on the top floor. Lovely hotel otherwise....rooms great size, plenty of hot water, free wifi and nice interiors. Our bin had not been emptied and despite telling the hotel this, nothing was done. I give it 2/5.

The couple with us- their booking "went missing" and even though the money had been taken from their bank account, they were told to either pay €280 for a surperior room or find somewhere else to stay. They said emails had been sent but the couple received nothing. So we met up with them, went back to the hotel and the guy on the desk said it was the hotel's error and gave the couple the superior room free of charge (except the original amount they had paid for the standard room). The superior room was...well very spacious, but otherwise decorated and had all the same services as the standard room. They too could hear the music clear as day and did not expect that from a "superior" room.

The nightclub promotions team had said they would reserve a table and put us on the guest list, which they did. But we were moved three times as well- which looked less than impressive.

All in all, I would not stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor at the back......it made no difference. Do not stay on a Friday or Saturday
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel was booked for me by a work colleague, our company were bringing an important customer to Ireland so we had high expectations of the Hampton Hotel, we were not disappointed and the customer was very complimentary about the whole experience.
I found the hotel to be very tastefully decorated throughout, the rooms were spacious and well appointed with huge flatscreen TVs and a really smart contemporary fireplace.The service was friendly and efficient. Some previous reviewers have complained about noise from the nightclub and yes there is some noise that might cause some guests to have a bad nights sleep, I was right above the nightclub and slept soundly. In future I would take a set of earplugs just incase.

Room Tip: Try to stay in rooms on the back of the hotel to avoid noise from the nightclub
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank chris w
Reviewed February 1, 2013

At first, we thought the idea of a boutique hotel located about 20 min from Dublin's city center would offer a quiet, secluded change of pace from the active Temple Bar area. We'd be willing to make the trek into town if that meant quality service and some peace and quiet.

We were wrong.

Don't stay at the Hampton Hotel unless you enjoy (1) clubbing into the wee hours or (2) migraine headaches due to the inescapable "music" emanating from the walls.

Oh, and they argued with us too. Never a fan of the front desk referring to their "terms and conditions" when approached by zombie-like guests.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jenny S
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Having discovered the Hampton Hotel in mid-2009, we have stayed here probably 10 times and it is always our hotel of choice when visiting Dublin now. Staff are always helpful & friendly - rooms are always spotless and breakfast has always been very good. On our last stay, it materialised the heating in our room wasn't fully operational and we were moved immediately after contacting reception.
Its homely and well located - the repeat visits speak for themselves!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Buckthorn1
Reviewed January 25, 2013

With my father being in the hotel industry I have stayed in many hotels and heard the tiniest of faults pointed out by him throughout the years therefore I would be very aware of every little detail. Genuinly couldnt fault anything here really nice hotel loved the bathroom, slept very well, cosy rooms (bed,fireplace,spacious) Think I had the surf and turf in the late bar which I enjoyed very much for bar food. (Better than what I expected) Loved the seating area outside staff behind the bar and in the bar were very helpfull also. I woud definately stay here again. The only thing I would fault is the reception there was a lady who was not in the best mood that morning and we did wait a long time on two occasions but this didnt ruin our stay just a pointer for the manager :-) Still in my top 3 hotels to stay in Dublin City Area and I would charecterise myself as fussy when picking places to stay :-)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2013

A brief visit to Dublin allowed us to stay at this hotel. It was convenient to Donnybrook and city centre. The hotel was clean and the bedroom had a large bed with excellent bathroom. Room service was prompt. Hotel staff were extremely helpful and pleasant at all times and could not do enough for you at all times. Breakfast was a real Irish plate, enjoyable. Will stay again next time in Dublin

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MaryandRobbie
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Was delighted to get this hotel at a deal price but felt id paid more than enough by the end of it. Ive given it an average review as thats what it is, average. There just isnt enough to it to warrant four star. If it was closer to the city, maybe id feel different but its not and theres not much to it, bar food etc. Rooms are nice enough so I guess thats my review, nice enough. Id prefer a cheaper hotel in the heart of the city

• Stayed: December 2012