“Party all night at Hampton Hotel!”
Review of Hampton Hotel

Hampton Hotel
Ranked #24 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Carmel, Indiana
“Party all night at Hampton Hotel!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

First impressions of this hotel were good. Nice rooms and friendly staff. However,while checking in yesterday, we noticed them setting up tables and chairs for a party right outside the hotel. We didn't think anything of it until returning to the hotel around midnight after a long day of seeing the city. The party was right outside the hotel and might as well have been a nightclub, it was so loud. Complaining to the hotel staff accomplished nothing. They just told us it would be over at 3AM. 3AM!!! I am not sure what they were thinking or why they thought having a nightclub set up outside the hotel until 3AM was a good idea. People are paying a lot of money to stay here and sleep at night. The staff we complained to were completely indifferent and offered to do nothing. A fan in the room to buffer the noise would have been something, at least.

I do not recommend this hotel. Obviously, whoever paid them to allow this all night party paid them well, and was more of a priority to the hotel than their paying guests. It is too far away from everything in the city to pull crap like this. Avoid the Hampton Hotel.

Room Tip: Jury's Inn in Galway was a good hotel and solid value. I wish we had stayed at the Jury's I...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jcb6263
hamptonhotel, General Manager at Hampton Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

Please note that while there was an event on in the hotel on the night you stayed with us, any party activities on our patio concluded at 10.30pm, at which point the patio was only used as an outdoor smoking area in accordance with Irish non-smoking legistlation. Furthermore, information that hampton hotel features a nightclub and does not guarantee quiet rooms on nights Vanilla operates was clearly stated on the website you made your reservation through.

We are constantly working on improving our practices and your comments have been passed on to our nightclub security team to review their standards of operation in dealing with our nightclub patrons using our smoking area to minimize noise disturbances for our hotel guests.

Should you return to the hotel in the future, please contact me directly and I will ensure that you are looked after. We look forward to seeing you again.

Kind Regards,
Christiane Foller
Acting General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Greek first
Bray, Ireland
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I stayed one night here recently on a thursday night.The room was "contemporary" in style,small but adequate.
They've a decent room service menu and a large bar downstairs.
There were no noise issues from the street outside despite the room facing it.
I liked the fireplace feature and the 42' flat screen tv has all the channels you need and movies.
Taxis and buses are just outside the door and are plentifull.
A 5 minute walk brings you into Donnybrook vilage,whilst 25 mins in the other direction would have you in st stephens green,
Good value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Earthman83
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed at this hotel twice. 1st time with 2 young children, 2nd time while attending the Bruce Springsteen concert. On both occasions our allocated rooms were perfect. We ate in the hotel both times and the food was lovely. Service was quick and staff very polite. Lovely outdoor area to sit and have a meal or drink. Great proximity to RDS for concerts. About a 15 min walk will take you to St. Stephen's Green. Has free parking too which is an added bonus when looking for a hotel in Dublin.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank CJLV
Scotland
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The room was prety clean (very clean by Dublin, reasonably so by other standards) and spacious. The staff were very helpful and were able to provide all the information I needed regarding buses etc.

I didn't have breakfast, as this wasn't included in the price, instead heading into town to meet friends. However, I did note that there were a number of coffee shops within a minute or so of the hotel.

I had a few fairly minor quibbles with the hotel, but these were very minor. For example, the excellent hairdryer (much better than usual hotel standard) was secured through a drawer (to stop theft). However, this meant that the flex was effectively shortened. I was able to use only when sitting on the floor - not ideal.

There seemed to be a bit of an issue with water pressure on the first night of my stay. I suspect that the hotel was fairly full that night, so suspect that this may have been the reason, as the issue was resolved the following night (without me mentioning it)

I was surprised that there was no minibar in the room and there didn't seem to be an ice machine available to guests.

I had a quick bite to eat, on the day of my arrival. I had soup and a sandwich. The soup was very tasty, but the sandwich was made of cold, cheapest possible, white bread - not great. The menu wasn't great, wouldn't bother eating here again, as there are much better choices nearby.

As seems to be pretty standard, my double bed was two single beds pushed together. I was staying alone, so not an issue, but not ideal for a romantic break.

The hotel is within walking distance from the city centre, but only if you've got sensible shoes! Otherwise, there is a very good bus service. Bus fare, at time of writing, is €1.90. Note that buses accept coins only (and do not give change, but do give credit notes, though I believe the process of reclaiming money is a bit of a hassle).

I would certainly stay in the hotel again, especially if I was able to get as good a deal! Obviously, my comments take into account the bargain price I paid (£54 per night). Perhaps my minor quibbles would have been a bigger deal, if I had paid more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kat537
Houston
Reviewed August 6, 2012

A little out of the way , about a 20 minute walk into main Dublin.
Bus access right outside the hotel.

Wireless Internet was very fast.

Room was clean and comfortable

Staff was helpful.
I would stay again for business in that area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kmjr2000
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Beautiful large rooms and huge bathroom in this stylish hotel. A little way out of the centre but a pleasant walk along the Georgian terraces. Staff really friendly and helpful would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pat C
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here four nights at the beginning of our vacation and one night at the end. It couldn’t be more convenient to the stops made by the airport bus, was within walking distance of downtown (maybe 20 minutes) and only feet from the city bus stop if public transportation is your pleasure. The staff was helpful and friendly, though the staff really consisted of the person manning the front desk at any given time. There was no bell staff. That means you’ll be carrying your luggage up about eight steps from the parking lot to the lobby and several more sets up from the lobby to the extremely, and relatively slow, small passenger elevator (tight fit for two people and two suitcases). Except for checking in and out, we found it easier to use the stairs. There is a restaurant/bar on the property that serves an adequate breakfast, though the menu is not extensive. Breakfast was the only meal we ate there.

Our first room was 400 and it faced the street. While there are two large windows in the room, and one in the bath, street noise was never a problem. The bedroom was relatively large. It didn’t have a minibar or fridge. I don’t recommend this hotel for a stay on business unless you need to be in this part of town since the desk was fairly small and the desk chair not that comfortable. Also, clothes storage is an issue.

There is a small closet (about 18” wide) for hanging clothes but part of that is taken up by an ironing board and iron. There were six wooden hangers. The other side of the closet has two shelves for clothes, on shelf for the electric kettle and coffee and tea service (we moved this to the table in the corner of the room), a shelf for the DVD player and a shelf for the safe. In our first room the safe was on the top shelf and over 6’ off the floor so my wife could only reach the key pad with difficulty. Even at 6’ tall I couldn’t see the bottom of the safe or the back. Interestingly, on our second stay, the safe was on the bottom shelf which was essentially on the floor. There was free wifi.

The bed is king size in width but since it is two singles pushed together it felt a little shorter than a true king. There are night stands on each side with lamps and reading lights. The TV is about a 50” plasma (the biggest I’ve ever seen in a hotel room) and mounted on the wall at the end of the bed. Below the TV is an electric fireplace (very authentic looking fire) that didn’t put out any heat but was a wonderful nightlight. In addition to the desk chair there was one upholstered chair. Due to the lack of clothes storage I stacked up my clothes on the small table in the corner. There was also a floor lamp and a lamp on the desk. There were two outlets in the wall above the desk that proved handy for my wife’s hair appliances.

The bathroom was very roomy. It was as long as the bedroom was wide. It had a very long vanity with two sinks, so there was plenty of room for toiletries (always an important point for me). A portion of the mirror over the vanity was heated. There was a towel warmer, a lighted makeup mirror, hair dryer on the wall (also one in the desk drawer), long tub with shower and full length mirror on the bedroom side of the bathroom door. The sides of the tub were very high. The amenities consisted of a shower cap, shampoo, body lotion, bath and shower gel and three extremely small bars of soap. The bathroom fixtures were upscale which made the very thin towels somewhat of a puzzle. Everything appeared clean and relatively new.

Except for the location of the safe, the second room was pretty much identical to the first.

If you’ve found this review useful, I will greatly appreciate a “yes” vote below.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple