Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Ariel House(Dublin)
2,535 results
All reviewscity centreaviva stadiumlovely hoteldart stationbar foodsingle bedbus stopdublin airportbewleysrdsballsbridgemasonseuroaircoachirelandconcertbuses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We just moved our business stays from the Four Seasons across the road from Bewleys having grown tired of the countless mistakes there.

To be honest the first impressions of Bewleys weren't great - the reception staff aren't the best ambassadors for the hotel and do their best to convince you that you have checked into a glorified Travel Lodge - thankfully they are in the minority.

Our main reason for moving from the Four Seasons, was a recommendation from a client about the Tower Suite. This has got to be an oasis of calm in Ballsbridge and is one of the nicest spaces I have ever stayed in.

It's spread over three floors in the old school tower, the ground floor features a spacious bathroom, then up the stairs to a spacious bedroom, and just when you think that's it, up a further few stairs to the most amazing lounge area with 360 degree views of the whole of Dublin - the perfect place to up unwind and relax. It's tastefully furnished and well appointed as you can see from the pictures.

A few niggles - given that this is one of the hotels flagship rooms, it's a shame they don't seem to value it as such. The shampoo and shower gel are fastened to the wall, and they don't even supply a bottle of water - both of which are standard in neighbouring hotels and just seems really mean, especially as these are supplied as standard in the Executive Rooms, which are nowhere near as nice. The life saver tags on the two bottles in the room that are €4 is just tacky. A small fridge in the room, which could be fitted on the ground floor would also be a nice touch (although when I mentioned it to the receptionist she laughed and advised that they aren't the type of hotel that gives customers fridges!!!) and take the hotel from appearing like a budget hotel at times. It would also be great if there was better TV facilities - weirdly the local TV channels have awful reception.

These are minor niggles though. The breakfast is outstanding, the bar area pleasant with nice staff, and most of the hotel seems well maintained. The bed is really comfy and I had a fantastic nights sleep.

The Tower Suite is great and I heartily recommend it, however with a little bit of care and attention to detail it could be absolutely outstanding.

I have to admit I am really impressed so far with Bewleys in Ballsbridge and look forward to seeing it continue to improve more and more - with a little bit of effort this could become a must stay residence for business travellers in Dublin.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I've always wanted to stay in Downton Abbey! But jokes aside this place is beautiful and was a steal. Beautiful updated room, and about a half hour walk from St. Stephen's Green, and the heart of Dublin. We walked home relatively late as well and felt completely safe; it is in a beautiful, quiet location surrounded by embassy's. We weren't given a map or any suggestions on the city by the staff upon arrival, but we made do. Will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melina S
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I met up with my friends from Liverpool and stayed here for 2 nights .. I have to mention Clonjita on reception she really did go over and beyond to help us .. Our room was spotlessly clean and breakfast and evening dinner was great .. Overall a great weekend .. Many thanks :)

• Stayed: July 2014
BarbaraDunne, Barbara Dunne at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review. I am delighted to read that you had such a great stay and will be sure to mention your lovely commets to Codrutta. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Most things about this stay were reasonable to average but car parking arrangements mean I wont be using it again. At €180 for 1 nights B&B (couple), for what I think is a 3 star hotel, its on the pricey side but room was good and breakfast was ok as well.
But this hotel charges GUESTS €12 per night for car parking and €1.50ph (or part of) as well - at the csame time its sister hotel provides car parking at €4.50 per 24 hour day for NON GUESTS at Dublin Airport. Now thats what I call screwing guest because you can!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LeitrimGuy
BarbaraDunne, Operations Manager at Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your recent review. I am sorry to read that you won't be staying with us again as we charge for car parking. The charges for car parking are informed to guests at reservation stages, on confirmation emails and also on entry to the car park.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We arrived at 430 on Friday afternoon reception staff were terrible tried checking in receptionist kept answering calls in the middle without excuse me or apology . Could only find one room and asked me to check my booking on phone which I was trying to do as connecting to wifi she brings out her own phone and days hers is on full bars with a smirk, never informed us check out time where restaurants where nothing another lady was talking to the other receptionist I could hear the lady getting annoyed with the receptionist at how little help she was giving her I would never stay here again and that's what the other lady said as well

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am terribly sorry to read about your welcome to the hotel. This is certainly not the manner in which we would normally welcome guests, and I will bring this to the attention of all reception staff. I hope this was the only incident of unfriendly staff that you encountered and that you will return to allow us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.