“A good first experience in Dublin”
Review of Sky Backpackers

Sky Backpackers
Ranked #9 of 126 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed in Litton lane for three nights and we found it ideally located, near the centre and Temple Bar. The receptionists were very friendly and helpful and the room made a good impression, it was very clean and comfortable. The only problem....it's a little noisy during the night!

Reviewed March 19, 2012

I came with my two friends to Dublin during 4 for days, we stayed two nights. Great location just near O'Connel street and a bridge across the Temple Bar. The staff was incredibly nice and friendly. The kitchen was huge and well equipped, the beds were more than confortable, and the rooms very secure. I couldn't have expected better for a first experience in a hostel.

1  Thank Pia R
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I just came back from my week-end in Dublin, and I stayed in this hostel.
I had found it on the internet as the cheapest/closest to the City Centre. I did not regret my choice at all!!! The location was perfect, 20 meters from O'Connell Street (The famous street in Dublin with all the shops and hotels), and just across the bridge from Temple Bar, the famous nightlife area with all the pubs!
There are buses/shuttles to and from the airport that stop nearby (in O'Connell street).

Located in a small street just by the river, the hostel was recently refurbished (and still is being refurbished), very very nice and friendly decoration (a real effort), nice furniture, staff incredibly nice and friendly, rooms were really clean and the mattresses were "a dream" as said my friend (much better than in my student residence at uni). There was a bathroom in my 6-people dormitory room, but not in function yet. We shared the bathroom with another floor, which was the only negative point. But in my sense, when the refurbishing will be done, all the rooms will have their own bathrooms.
Computers with free internet access, free wifi and free calls to landlines in many European and non-european countries, access to the rooms with card-keys (modern!).

I would 100 % recommend !

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor, 6-female dormitory, but recently refurbished and big enough. Number...
Reviewed March 11, 2012

My accomodation was in a private room for 3 people. It was very confortable, nice and complete of all that you need...also a kitchen with microwave, washing machine, tv. Litton lane hostel/apartments are very close to temple bar and all other main attraction.
Personal is very frindly and efficient.

If i will visit Dublin again I will book the same room in the Litton Lane Hostel

Room Tip: The private room are very confortable and cheap.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Daniele D
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Service was great, nice friendly staff and Sarah and Alex were brilliant. It is in an excellent location for pubs, clubs and food. Its a bit dirty at the moment but it is to be expected as going thru a full refurbishment and will be completed shortly. The free wi-fi, use of they're computers and the friendly staff are well worth the money anyway.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Very good hostel! The receptionnists are very nice and helpful, the rooms and the bathrooms are clean and the beds very comfortable. It's ideally located (5 minutes from the Luas, the center, temple bar...), and even though it can be a little noisy until 1AM, you're still able to sleep very well. The ambiance is very nice and friendly, the decoration is GREAT. I'll definitely tell anyone who wants to go to Dublin to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2012

When I read some other reviews saying "Don't expect to sleep there", my thoughts were to stay anyway and take my own picture of this hostel.
But from the beginning: The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. The building and the rooms made a good impression - it looked clean and comfortable. The rooms are furthermore really big. Even the bathrooms looked more or less clean (the flushing doesn't work properly!!), but I've definitely seen worse.
What I found very good about this hostel was the entertaining programm. If I understood it correctly there is always a live band in the evenings (or at least on weekends). If you are travelling alone this is a really good thing to spend some time.
But the biggest problem was the night's sleep. I'm afraid to say that you really can't expect to sleep there. The floor in front of the room's door as well as the floor in the room itself made a very loud creaking noise. So you can hear everyone walking in front or above your rooms - all night! I know it's a very old building, but also the walls are not very thick. I could here someone talking on his mobile in the room next to me as if that someone was standing right next to me! What made things even worse, was the pub on the other side on the street with its loud music. I'm very sorry, but although the general things like cleanliness and friendliness are all very great - don't expect to sleep there on weekends!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends