Barry's Hotel
$181
$281
$247
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$206
$189
$423
$283
Westin.com
  • Restaurant
Stauntons on the Green(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$227
$189
  • Breakfast included
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$120
$234
$221
$202
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Arlington Hotel O'Connell Bridge(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$183
$159
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were not that impressed with the room at Barry's. It was very old and just felt dirty. The receptionist is very friendly and was more than happy to help us with our questions about traveling in Ireland, but I would not go back here.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Mother and daughter stayed here for one night at the start of August for a city/shopping trip. We booked into the hotel earlier than check in time and there was a room ready for us. We had booked a twin for the night and got a double but we didn't mind too much. We received a warm and friendly welcome from the hotel manager and Siobhan the receptionist on arrival. The room itself was basic but clean. Its old fashioned but has everything one needs (kettle etc). The water was very warm and the shower was very powerful. One negative to add was the bed :( It was extremely old and the springs were very loose which made for an uncomfortable nights sleep. The location of the hotel is great, a 5 minute walk to O Connell Street and a 15 minute walk to Templebar and Grafton Street. The bar in the hotel isnt opened but there are plenty more in the vicinity. All in all, it did the job fine as we paid very little for the room. I would recommend for a flying visit and if you don't plan on spending much time in the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were greeted by a very friendly receptionist, unfortunately the good impressions stopped there. We had booked by booking.com and were happy with the price we had paid 59 euro for 1 nights b & b for a double room. As I was due to be staying in Dublin on business I also enquired about the price of a single room. The receptionist told us that the hotel was expensive and over priced !!!, and to be honest the prices that she quoted me WERE overpriced. We were allocated room 15. it was on the second floor (no lift), we didnt just have to go up stairs but up 4 flights, then up a small flight and back down a small flight through a warren of stale smelling carpeted areas. The room itself was small and smelt like it needed airing, we immediately opened the window and the net curtain fell off into our hands as the wire was broken!, there was a TV but no remote, the room itself was acceptably clean, but the bathroom left a bit to be desired with hairs in the sink and shower. The bedding was clean and the bed comfortable. At breakfast the next morning we were greeted by a very friendly waiter and served a full fry which was lovely, it was just little things like the teapot having no handle on the lid (broken off) that needed attention. The waiter asked us had we paid for breakfast as according to his paperwork we were booked for room only, he then went and confirmed this at reception. I had to show the receptionist the print out of our confirmation showing that we were entitled to b & b. The whole hotel needs renovating, updating and refreshing. When we got back to our room there was water dripping onto the floor through the ceiling from someone showering presumably in the room above us!

The location of the hotel was excellent, just a short walk from O'connell street, but thats the best I can say for it.

Room Tip: i doubt this hotel has any 'good' rooms!
1  Thank sjwagdomEire
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel reception is lovely and the people were courteous but the rooms and hotel in general were very disappointing. At over 200 euros for three nights, it is way too expensive for what it is - myself and my partner went to Dublin for a holiday but the hotel was disappointing. We turned up and the bathroom light didn't work and my partner at 6'4' could barely fit in the shower. The bed was springs, very uncomfortable and noisy.

During the night we could hear everything happening around the hotels. Lots of doors slamming and people talking. The walls are paper thin.

We mentioned to reception that the bathroom light wasn't working, which was replaced promptly but then another light stopped working. At over 50 euros a night you expect to have working lights.

As mentioned the people were lovely and the location is great - very central. But don't pay too much for your stay. There was also a hole in the bathroom door and the toilet wouldn't flush properly.

Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Best tip isn't to stay here.
1  Thank CaitlinAngharad
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Barry's hotel 34 years ago on our honeymoon.
Our stay back then was great. So I thought it would be a good idea to return for our anniversary.
It was not Cheep £158 euro for 2 nights bed and breakfast. yet the sign outside said said double rooms from 45 Euro ??? NI Rail had compatible deals with rail included.
When we arrived I noticed t the bottom of the registration form that the hotel was in receivership!! and that the bar was now closed. This is the sort of information you would expect be made aware of on booking.
I told the gentleman on reception of our story and asked for a nice room. He said all of the rooms are nice. He then gave us room ten saying it was lucky!! For whom it was lucky I am am not sure but it was not for us.the room was in need of extreme redecoration.The bed side tables were stained the TV was a very old portable and if you wanted a remote there was a ten Euro. deposit so I decided to splash out but there was no remote available.
The Bed !!!! My God it was a very old spring sort with no support whatsoever and total roll together. The only way to have recreated our honeymoon on this bed was for us to have been a troupe of circus acrobat's.
No bath just a very small shower that I just about got in too but had to get out as I was about to have a panic attack.
Breakfast was in the old bar it was dark depressing the hotel is understaffed.
However that staff is the old hotels best asset God help them they are doing their best with what they have got to work with.
There is no where to sit during the day and the bedroom with the small TV with 4 channels was a no no.
Time to close the doors I think very very sad end for what used to be a wee gem of a hotel.
RIP Barry's.