“not bad for the money”
Review of Barry's Hotel

Barry's Hotel
Ranked #135 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed April 30, 2012

stayed here at the weekend for the ulster game at the aviva stadium
not luxury in any way but
clean big room
beds comfortable
hot shower
fry for breakfast

all you need

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jonny85Broughshane

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I'm not sure whether this place has recently undergone renovation/new ownership or something, but although this was no palace, rooms were clean, bright and airy. Staying as a group we each paid £25 for two nights which we more or less made back in the sheer amount of breakfast we consumed. Breakfast was sausages, egg, bacon, black pudding, tomato, white pudding and unlimited toast, cereal, tea and coffee. Veggie breakfast was however a bit poor- two eggs and a bit of tomato. The attached lap dancing club was a bit of a surprise and did seem a bit seedy, but hey-ho. Staff were friendly. Location is excellent for hitting the town. Overall satisfied.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We stayed here on St. Patrick's Day night because our flight to Shannon was re-routed to Dublin and we landed late at night. This was one of the only places we could find with vacancy but at 100 euros per night, it was WAY overpriced. The biggest issue I found is that the sheets on the bed were dirty and stained, the hotel reception was less than helpful, and the television in the room did not work properly. The rooms (as is the rest of the hotel) are in need of serious updating and cleaning. In addition, there were lots of drunk and rowdy people congregating outside of the hotel's front door and it was difficult to get inside--it seemed that no attempt was made to get the people to move on so that residence and other customers could access the hotel. All in all--take your money elsewhere--you can trust what others besides myself have said about this establishment.

Room Tip: Like another reviewer said...if you want a good room make sure you don't choose this hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank greyhoundymom
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This place was awful, full of weirdos. Room filthy, 40 year old TV set, dirty bathroom. Needs serious renovations, room was taller than it was wide. I demanded a refund after two hours.
I cant list all of the issues with this place, just dont stay there. Please!!

Room Tip: Make sure it aint at this 'hotel'
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bílly H
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in May 2011. Having read recent reviews, it amazed us to see little has changed. With the exception of a review by, one person who praised it beyond belief, did he stay in the SAME hotel as the rest of us?! We also had dirty & to some degree dangerous rooms, yes i said rooms as we had booked for 3 nights & each room was so bad we asked to be moved 3 times. other couples did same. IE. Nails sticking out of ledge, filthy torn curtains, windows that would not shut so were draughty. Broken tiles in bathroom as well as loo seat we couldn't sit on, shower poor, sink had tap blu tacked into place, that broke on use, unbelievable!! It was a death trap for children for sure. Wardrobe door missing, broken cabinet. Beds unfit to sleep in, everything old & tired, staff couldn't care less, got feeling they had too much to repair & no money or time. The lapdancing club we were NOT aware of, the lapdancers used the same toilets as patrons, Thank god we didn't take my small grandaughter, distgusting state of affairs. We wonder how they are legally & morrally allowed to trade as a hotel, as regards health & safety. Breakfast was served by lovely lady, but was cheap, poor & tasteless. English night porter/barman a pleasure. Avoid this place at all costs, it is dodgy!!!

Room Tip: We were moved to three rooms & all dreadful, as if a stag or hen party had went wild in there. O...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed here as it seemed cheap and cheerful. Lots of stairs. There was a random sink in our room. Very shabby decor. Curtains would not close. The phone was ripped from the wall. Cigarette burns all over the window ledges, lockers and bed clothes. Also some questionable stains. Said nothing on the website about the lap dancing club on site or the disco bar that went on til 2.30. Very loud if staying in the rear of the hotel. My partner got kicked out after returning to the hotel without me as he had no photographic id on him, which mattered not, as it was booked under my name. Reception staff during the day were very nice. The night porter was extremely argumentative. charged my partner €5 to stand in the foyer until I came up to sort it out which was not resolved, he had to go stay in a hostel as we had prepaid the room. The breakfast was a disgrace. 2 sausages, which were sour, an egg, pudding, a cold piece of ham, and a lidl brand cheese triangle. Disgusting. I complained to the receptionist and was told the hotel manager would ring me. It's a good thing I'm not holding my breath.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danni-Lawless
Reviewed January 22, 2012

What a great deal I thought..BIG mistake!!! Couldnt swing a cat in the room. The double bed was in a U shape, so my back is now destroyed. A constant draft through the windows made me sleep with a jumper on (when I actually COULD get some sleep bec the bed was so uncomfortable!) The TV dodnt work and when I tried to phone reception, the phone in the room didnt work. I rang the hotel from my mobile and was told that they were aware of the problem, but obviously didnt bother informing the customer! Music from the nightclub was deafening (even though I like discos) and the noise from people returning to their rooms didnt help matters either! But the icing on the cake is when my partner got an unexpected thump in the bar (unprovoked), shattering his lip with a pint glass and the bouncers "not seeing anything", a full day in the hospital getting it stitched is not my idea of a great weekend at ALL!!! STAY CLEAR OF THIS HOTEL!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs..
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple