1,013 results
All reviews bord gais theatre city centre two double beds minute walk trinity college decent hotel temple bar grand canal lovely hotel family room the room was nice would stay again booked this hotel stayed for one night aviva stadium concert hairdryer
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Hotel Was Ok - to be honest, I wouldnt recommend - we had booked a triple room & there was only 2 of most things.... plus v.v.flat pillows.. Then that night we came in after a show & we were going to have a drink - bar closed - had to ask Receptionist who wasnt exactly obliging... We requested a taxi via reception that night for a set time - showed up too early & then took off.. So no not a bad place but I wouldnt recommend.

Room Tip: Make Sure You Request Extras if its a triple room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Helena O
PH-Management, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Pearse Street, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Helena O,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at The Pearse Hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you did not find sufficient amenities in your bedroom during your stay. Had accommodation/reception staff been advised during your time in the Hotel this could have been rectified.

In relation to the Taxi all I can do is apologise as we use an outside company for this service but they are very reliable and haven't heard of anything like that happening in the past. Unfortunately the Hotel does not have a late license so we can only operate during normal hours which means the Bar closes at 11.30pm.

I do hope you did enjoy your trip to Dublin and also the event you attended in the O2 Arena which is just a short distance from The Pearse Hotel.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel was just fine. Adequate to exceeds expectations. Its a stones throw from the temple bar area, which was fine by my wife and I to avoid late late night noise. But still close to walk to it and all of the major downtown attractions. Right near a subway station, and a reasonably priced pub on site. Contrary to what some lame old sounding fuddy duddy said, the neighborhood is totally safe. I guess some people have never seen anything real in life. For the money, the place is great. I will say we were there off season, and noticed the walls were paper thin, so during peak season, it might be a bit loud outside your door. Otherwise place was great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Anthony M,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Pearse Hotel and also took advantage of our fantastic location in relation to all the main sights in the City Centre.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

The Pearse wasn't horrible but we were not impressed by the condition of the room - it was clean but clearly in need of repair and touchup. It was a spacious room but the bed was uncomfortable. The location was not as central as we had hoped and it didn't seem like the safest area. The staff were friendly and helpful. I can't comment on the food. The parking was convenient. It's not the worst option but I would recommend looking for a better deal in a more central location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear KellyMC79,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay in The Pearse Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you found the location to far from the City Centre. We are located on one of the busiest streets in Dublin and within walking distance to Grafton Street, Temple Bar and Trinity College.

Should you not feel like walking there are multiple buses and also a train station nearby to get you into the City Centre. I am also sorry to hear you didn't feel safe in the area as it a prime residential area in Dublin city within close vicinity to The Convention Centre and Bord Gais Energy Theatre.

I do hope you will choose to stay with us again if you travel to Dublin in the near future.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Well, there is nothing wrong with the hotel. The interior is old, and definitely needs some refurbishment, but it is clean. Still, a lot of suitcases were dragged over the carpets. Some of the staff is friendly, some of them more concerned about their Facebook updates. Breakfast is full Irish only. Wifi is expensive -- as the general rate for the rooms anyway. Rooms are big, beds surprisingly comfortable. TV entertainment system (on-demand etc) didn't work the whole weekend. The location was convenient for me, but be aware, that the hotel is a 30 minute walk away from the main tourist attractions in Dublin. Also keep in mind that the hotels offers rooms where smoking is allowed -- so book a non-smoking room if you don't want a surprise at arrival.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear SummerGB,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay in The Pearse Hotel. We offer an extensive self service buffet for breakfast in the Hotel including a Full Irish Breakfast, various cereals, fruit, yogurts etc.

Apologies for the TV system not working during your stay there was some maintenance going on in the area by the provider which in turn crashed the system I can assure you this issue is now rectified.

The Hotel is located approximately 10-15 minutes walking distance from Trinity College, Grafton Street and Temple Bar. We are approximately 15-20 minutes from O'Connell Street there are also multiple options for public transport should you not wish to walk.

Smoking is still legally allowed in Hotel rooms and some still enjoy the guilty pleasure so we offer a small number of rooms as smoking. Once we are aware a non-smoking room is required we can allocate accordingly.

I do hope you will choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed in the Pearse Street hotel as i was attending a concert in the Aviva. Hotel is only a 15/20 min walk from Aviva, and a 10 min walk from Grafton st. Breakfast was good, staff were extremely friendly, and the room was very clean, Only negative is the noise level from the busy street below. Great hotel if you're attending gig in Aviva.

Room Tip: would try and pick a room at back of hotel as it's a busy street and noise could keep a light sleeper awake.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends