1,016 results
All reviews bord gais theatre city centre two double beds minute walk trinity college decent hotel temple bar grand canal lovely hotel family room the room was nice would stay again booked this hotel stayed for one night aviva stadium concert hairdryer
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, close to the Dublin Convention Centre. There's a restaurant/bar on the ground floor, where I had lunch - it was fine, nothing too exciting, but good value. My room was spacious and clean (with a double and a single bed), but a bit stuffy. Thankfully I could open the windows. Bathroom was starting to show some signs of wear and tear, but was very clean, and the shower is good! Breakfast was not included in my rate, so I didn't eat there in the morning. Internet access is not free, which is disappointing for a hotel that, I imagine, has a lot of business trade.
Overall, a good value option for someone doing business in the area, though a bit far from the city centre for tourists.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank senelra
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Found front of house staff very helpful. €10 secure underground car park per night. Walking distance to 02 and just around the corner from Grand Canal Theatre. Good value, clean and comfortable accommodation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I would agree with another reviewer about customer service at this hotel. We were not greeted kindly and our questions were met with mild annoyance. Breakfast was terrible. If you're driving to the hotel using the directions on their site, good luck. Was not as close to venues as we'd been lead to believe by other reviews. Temple Bar area was a taxi ride or rather long walk. Rooms were clean for sure, and while a bit small was adequate - no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed at the Pearse Hotel for one night B & B recently, and it is an experience that will never be repeated. Albeit the room was spotless and the breakfast was good, the attitude of the front of house staff was deplorable. It reminded us of Fawlty Towers without the comedy. It was made clear that any queries were an inconvenience, and because we had difficult understanding the accent of the receptionist, he proceeded to annunciate every syllable - with sardonic effect. I would advise the owners/managers to facilitate their staff by providing basic training courses in how to deal with the public.

Room Tip: Avoid the staff at the reception desk.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed in a twin room with 2 double beds and it was really spacious, the linen was all nice and fresh, the decor was a little dated but our room was super clean, the cleaning staff are clearly doing a great job! I didn't have breakfast at the hotel so I can't rate the food. The room was at the front of the hotel and I had no problems with noise-I stayed out quite late myself though :) I got a rate of €79 room only- i thought that was excellent considering many of the city centre hotels were upping their prices for the gigs in the Phoenix Park. I thought the hotel was in a good location and it was easy to work my way around the city from there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends