All reviewscity centretwo double bedsbord gaisminute walktrinity collegedecent hoteltemple bargrand canallovely hotelfamily roomwould stay againbooked this hotelthe room was nicestayed for one nightaviva stadiumconcerthairdryer
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed in a twin room with 2 double beds and it was really spacious, the linen was all nice and fresh, the decor was a little dated but our room was super clean, the cleaning staff are clearly doing a great job! I didn't have breakfast at the hotel so I can't rate the food. The room was at the front of the hotel and I had no problems with noise-I stayed out quite late myself though :) I got a rate of €79 room only- i thought that was excellent considering many of the city centre hotels were upping their prices for the gigs in the Phoenix Park. I thought the hotel was in a good location and it was easy to work my way around the city from there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have stayed in the hotel before and found it brilliant one of the best hotels I had stayed in, in Dublin. However this was not the case on returning this time. There was a mix up with our breakfast order, as we left out a room service order on the door at night only to have to ring in the morning when it had not arrived but the order had been collected from our door, we were told they don't do room service on the weekends...ok fair enough but why put the order sheets in the room at weekends so and if this was the case why not ring us to let us know since they had collected the order and must have known we'd be waiting on it. When we asked reception if we could have an order sheet for monday morning we were told "to be honest we cant gaurantee ye will get room service, it depends how bust they are" why in gods name offer room service if ye are going to pick and choose when ye want to do it, put on more staff if ye are goin to be busy, i've done waitressing it isnt hard to set up a tray and bring it to a room, the lady we were speaking with was in no ways polite or apologetic and started her sentences with "in fairneess to us". Also i asked for a late check-out and was told they don't do them even though when i had previously stayed i got one and then was rang at 11.59am to be told we have to be out of the room by 12. Found the whole stay to be a shambles and without a doubt a very unprofessional reception, they could to with taking a leaf out of the waiting staffs book, they we're very friendly and helpful, however I will not be returning again which is a shame because i loved it the first time i stayed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nicki K
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed here for a conference at the Dublin Convention Center, one of their suggested hotels. The price was very reasonable. After staying there it was clear why. Two of my colleagues stayed in rooms where the TV didn't work. The lobby and rooms looked like a Holiday Inn from the 1960s (It turns out it was previously a Holiday Inn). The carpets were dirty and bedding cheap, e.g. thin foam pillows.
The staff at the desk was genial and generally helpful. My one big complaint was how my bill was handled. I had commetted to four nights non-refundable and due to schedule changes was only staying for two which I understood was my responsibility. I was waiting in the lobby for my room to be ready a women who was staying at the hotel came to the reception desk and was looking to extend her reservation for an additional night, the night I happened to be leaving early and wouldn't be using the room. The woman was told by the desk clerk there were not rooms to available and unlikely any would open up. I offered to have the women takeover mine and the desk clerk agreed that I would have the charge for one of my nights removed from my bill to be settled when I checked out. Everyone was happy. When I went to check out the new desk clerk said that I needed to pay for the full four nights and I would need to find the women who was going to takeover my room and get the money from her (who I am certain they were charging also for the room). I didn't know who she was and explained the situation but to no avail. So I paid for the full four nights and chalked it up to scamming an out of towner. Dublin and the people I met were all terrific and it was a shame that was my last impression of a beautiful and friendly city.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Batch B
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Dear Batch B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Pearse Hotel. I am sorry to hear you thought the way your bill was handled was incorrect. As was explained on arrival you had made a non-refundable reservation for four nights but as you were unable to stay you agreed to pay for three nights. At no time were you charged for four nights accommodation and please check your credit card statement to verify this.

Should you wish to discuss this matter in more detail please don't hesitate to contact me on sales@pearsehotel.com

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Pearse Hotel, previously Holiday Inn Dublin City Centre, was a good place to stay while I was involved in a conference at the Dublin Convention Center. Easy walking distance to Trinity College and to the Convention Center. There were some noisy younger guests, but overall good value.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear dbriscoe,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at the Pearse Hotel. We are glad to hear you took advantage of our convenient location during your stay. We hope to welcome you back to the Pearse Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We, a group of 10 German ladies stayed 5 nights at The Pearse Hotel and we enjoyed our stay very much. It´s a nice and convenient hotel within walking distance to Trinity College, Graffton Street and Temple Bar.The rooms are a good size, the beds large and comfortable. Both bedroom and bathroom were spotless.
The morning breakfast is as you would expect in a hotel like this - buffet style with satisfactory choice and quality. The food they serve in the restaurant is delicious and the prices are resonable. The staff is extremely friendly, professional and polite. We would definitely reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Dear Monika H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at the Pearse Hotel. I am delighted to hear that the group enjoyed their stay at the Hotel and took advantage of our convenient location to many of the main attractions in the city centre.

Thank you for your kind words about the staff I will ensure to pass them on. We do hope to welcome you back to the Pearse Hotel in the near future.