“It'll do for a night out! Cheap and convenient”

Jackson Court Hotel
Ranked #143 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Myself and a group of friends stayed here for one Friday night with the intention to go out and have a great time. During the day the hotel was very quiet and nice. The reception girls especially one with blonde hair were extremely nice and helpful but unfortunately this was overshadowed when the place turned into a cloak room for coats for the nightclub. We were unable to get into our rooms because the keys stopped working (this happened a couple of times during the day too) and the woman at the cloak room area was very horrible and rude to us. She told us it wasn't her problem and she doesn't have to deal with it and was shouting and screaming so eventually we just went to get food with no coats in the rain (because they were in our rooms) and when we came back a young guy brought us up to our rooms and managed to open them.... he was bragging that the woman at reception has 'the biggest balls in this place' and we said we dont really care about that we just wanted to get into our rooms to go to sleep. They were constantly checking our names to make sure we were all registered at the hotel (which we were). I was not impressed at all, but luckily I know the club well and will continue to go....although I know they are extremely popular on weekends. I think they should have some way to deal with issues at the hotel at night when the reception is turned into a cloakroom.... that woman needs to be nice and more helpful.

Room Tip: Get a superior room if you can !! :)
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mali G

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I spent one night here and was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel for its price. They have a great night club downstairs and if you are staying here you get free entrance and your name on the VIP list. Overall I was very impressed with the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
CopperFaceJacks, Public Relations Manager at Jackson Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thanks for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

£49 b&b is what we paid for our Monday night experience in this establishment.
on arrival alarm bells rang when we checked in and the desk clerk asked us to sign a noise disclaimer. At that point if I could turn back time we should have legged it. The bedrooms were on-suite ,presentable and clean. The remotes for the fizzy tv is behind reception !??????wdf!
After our long day sight seeing we returned to the hotel at 11pm. The craic was just starting, our bed may as well have been sitting in the middle of the dance floor ...thump thump thump thump duff duff duff boom boom boom.......omg!......omg!.....the complementary ear plugs were being pushed to the limited! ....in between times our neighbours from the travelling community knocked their doors with their feet and shouted at each other continuously!...a pantomime a real life pantomime! the music thumped until about 3am and then our neighbours took over!.....not a wink of sleep was had!
breakfast was some craic too ...it was on the dance floor of the nightclub !!! from 7am to 10am ...
drink skit all over the roof and the reek of drink , so if u were up at 7 to dine people had been stood in that spot 3/4 hrs previously lol lovl..enough said will never be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tressa78
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed here for our first night in Ireland. We were completely exhausted from a long overnight flight with minimal sleep. THe hotel wasn't bad for the price overall. However,our biggest complaint was that there was ridiculously loud club music and lights right outside our room's window which was still audible with the window shut and earplugs. It was so obnoxious. Maybe another room would have been better with a window NOT facing the club scene.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eur0pe2010
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have stayed this hotel twice, both on a girls Christmas trip to Dublin.

The first time we stayed here it was great for what we needed. Yes, the rooms are small but it's a cheap hotel in Europe, the rooms will always be small, so that didn't bother me. When staying at the hotel you get free entry in to the club which was an added bonus for us, the club was a great laugh people were nice, music was varied and it was busy but you could still move.

However I stayed there this December, when we arrived they were still decorating all levels of the hotel which meant we were woken up at 8am by builders, they also didn't bothered putting 'wet paint' signs up which meant my friend ended up with white paint on here coat. In addition the cleanliness has seriously declined we moved rooms after one night (due to an additional friend joining us) when leaving the first room I was double checking we hadn't forgot any thing and I found a child's toy under the bed which certainly wasn't ours. The same this happened when leaving the second room.

I have seen a lot of people mention the beds. Mine was fine, pretty comfortable. However my friends did have a dip in it and broken springs. In our second room the cold tap didn't work and the door didn't close properly. We went down to the club one night and left straight away, there were so many people it wasn't worth it, you couldn't move!! (And I have been to this club on st Paddy's day) the good points are how cheap it is and how close it is to the city centre, the re-furb does make it a lot nicer. However it needs to be cleaned, they should warn guests if they will be decorating during your stay, the maintenance of the room should be checked before guest arrive. Also our key cards KEPT breaking which was really irritating! Some one needs to speak to the bouncers there attitude is disgusting! I understand it must deal with a lot of drunks but there is no need to be rude to hotel guests. This place is fine if you are going on a boozy weekend, just don't expect any luxury, it's a cheap room for the night. I probably won't stay there again as I know there are a lot better places near the city, but if you are looking for some where cheap it's not a bad shout, also the club opens till 5/6 so there's alway another drink waiting if you want to continue the party if your not picky about the sort if clubs you go to!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank StephNS
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I wasnt on holiday, just up for the night!! Rooms were shockingly small, there was something wrong with my bed I kept rolling to one side!! I'd say the springs were broke!! I didn't mind the noise so much because I was inebriated by the end of the night but that was my only saving grace!! Stay away if u are doing anything other than going drinking, for that it's grand!!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Andrew L
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Rooms very small,very poor value.
Seems to be a knocking shop for patrons from awful club downstairs which should be avoided at all costs,if you need to go out,go to Diceys just down the road.
If walking around grown woman holding their friends hair back while they puke their guts and men in GAA/Rugby jerseys bumping into you spilling their pints on you is your scene then Coppers is your scene.
Absolutely awful place stay clear.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends