“Horrible”

Jackson Court Hotel
Ranked #143 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Under the hotel is a nightclub which is one of the popular nightlife locations of dublin. But the hotel and its service are Terrible. The receptionist was swearing on the phone and completely neglected the guests and in room 209 there is a leek where water pored through soaking the corner of the room and my luggage.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We previously stayed at the Grafton capitol which I reviewed and is in a much more central location but we tried to extend our stay in Dublin and the Grafton was sold out.

Although centrally located, the hotel is on the south side of St Stephen's Green and about 10-15 mins walking distance to the shops, pubs and restaurants near Grafton St. It's in a business area so at night it is pretty desolate and eerie. Lots of panhandlers and bums hanging about which made us feel uneasy.

The price is an excellent value for central Dublin. The hotel was recently renovated and the reception area, pub and nightclub was new, as well as the room decor. The rooms were spotless! But they forgot to upgrade the mattresses!The beds were horrible! They were soft, lumpy and sagged in the middle. We looked at other rooms and all the beds were the same. All the beds we saw sagged terribly in the middle. It was so bad that we only stayed one night and won't go back or recommend the property unless they get new mattresses!

Also the hotel lacks amenities and the staff is not very knowledgeable.It's very basic property but for the price, we can't complain.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you have back problems!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I absolutely loved staying in this hotel.
€59 for a superior king room with breakfast...bargain!
The room was so beautiful and the bed was one of the comfiest I've ever stayed in.
The fact that the rooms are separate from the reception and outside through a different door worried me but it was fine.
The noise didn't really bother us too much as we both were out clubbing and arrived back at the same time as Coppers closing.
Considering the niteclub was downstairs, the noise wasn't as bad as I thought.
Would recommend the hotel again in a flash.
(Steer clear of Coppers though!)

Room Tip: Pay the extra tenner for the superior rooms. Worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lola_star2
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Night club attached to hotel. The noise is so bad until at least 5.30 in the morning - you will get NO sleep. The window in our room was broken and the smoke entered via the air vent from the nite club. When I complained about having to climb six flights of stairs to a PREMIER room (no lift) I was told that had we explained our health problems they would have moved us - likely story! I say this because when i complained about the noise from night club i was told that i had signed a form on arrival accepting the fact that this hotel would be noisy. This form was given to us at check in time. When signing form on arrival I dont really read them - in this case I should have done so It is so bad that they do provide ear plugs!!!!! Breakfast was minimal small selection of cereal followed by scrambled egg!!!! your choice is take it or leave it!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was my 3rd time staying at the Jackson Court Hotel, first time was with family to attend a concert, second with a group of aged 19 girls and thirdly was with my boyfriend. Obv with having gone back I really love this hotel, situated right in the middle of Dublin, temple bar isnt too far! All times i have gotten a bargain on a superior room, which were always clean, tidy and really cosy, beds were so comfortable! The breakfast was lovely and plenty to choose from, although may be a menu as to what you could order to be made would be nice!

On the third stay that i can remember best as it was in may of this year we stayed for 2 nights. When we arrived we had no were to park the car and the kind woman on the desk let us park the car in the locked staff car park which was free, was such a relief of hassle, saved us loads of money! behind the hotel theres a place called Hot Dog, large pizza, chicken goujons, chips, garlic bread and drinks all for 20euro was a bargain. We visited Dublin Zoo and Castle which was lovely :)!

My only concern would be that it wouldnt be a hotel for the elderly or young children as there is a night club underneath , we didnt go too it but you could hear it all night almost inspite of the attempts of the hotel by double glazing! This is a let down but everything else is so brillant I would still go back excellent value for money ... I Love Dublin!!!!

Room Tip: I dont know what the standard rooms are like but i would recommend the superior if you get a good de...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed here twice with a group of girls. We choose it as the nightclub package deal is suitable for people who don't live in Dublin and want a night in coppers! Rooms are quite small but have all the facilities you need. Breakfast is nice. I would only recommend for people who want to go to the nightclub in the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed September 4, 2012

No hot water from the shower for 3 days. 6 complaints made to staff, still no hot water. Advise by staff to let the shower run for a long time as well as let the tap in the bathroom run as well. A complete joke! Still no hot water. Oh and this was a superior room too! Was also told that the staff were unable to offer a refund because only management were authorised to do that. Get home...contact manager for refund...shocker...no response.

Yes the noise is loud. Yes the club had over 200 people queuing outside. Yes the bouncers were rude...and the staff completely unhelpful. But no hot water?? Pathetic!

Don't waste your money!

Room Tip: Book elsewhere!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends