“Two satisfied customers!”

Hilton Dublin
Ranked #47 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed July 20, 2007

Have just returned from 5 nights at the Hilton in Dublin. Found it to
be a very comfortable stay, with very friendly and efficent staff. OUr room was a decent size and very clean and smart. Breakfasts were exhaustive (delicious porridge!). Location very convenient for city, given proximity to the luas tram (30 seconds out of hotel door) - nice to be away from the bustle of the city, and a short walk south of the hotel takes you through some beautiful residential streets. Good value for money given high prices of hotel accommodation in Dublin.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 13, 2007

Just back from a four night stay with our three children (aged 7, 4 and 2). We have quite a small room but adequate, with views over the canal which amused the kids. Food was great and a bonus that the kids ate free - which means a lot as Dublin is not too child friendly for eating out - the kids loved the food from a brill childrens menu. St Stephens Green was a great stop off point on the 10 min walk into town. although the Luas was right beside the hotel and dropped you off at the bottom of Grafton Street for about 7 euros return. Loved the hotel and staff were all very friendly and the concierge helpful. Hotel good distance from centre of Dublin for kids as it is quiter than the city centre hotels. Will definitely go back to this hotel!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2007

We stayed here two nights on a Globus Tour. This hotel is not in the city center, however, the tram platform/stop is literally right outside the door and it is about a 5-10 minute ride to Grafton Street. We had an average size hotel room. We had breakfast at the hotel each morning, compliments of our tour. There was a nice size buffet with something for everyone.
There is also a bar near by called the Barge. You can see the bar from the hotel entrance. We spent both nights there drinking away the Guinness, which was much cheaper there than at the hotel bar.

• Stayed: July 2006
4  Thank lithlith
Reviewed July 4, 2007

Having to visit Dublin for my Wifes Aunties funeral at the last minute we decided to stay at the Hilton, Dublin on May 12th, check out was May 13.
I was billed by Expedia as expected, I was also billed by the Hilton by mistake. Having noticed this error I phoned the Hilton and was assured by the reservations manager that my credit card would be credited with the amount owing. The payment was not made.
Since then I have called the Hilton at least 10 times. I was assured the payment would be made again, the payment was not made.
I then spoke to a lady who again assured me that the matter would be fixed, again no solution.
Having spoken to an agent last weekend I was assured that the Reservations Manager would call me on Monday to fix the problem. He/She did not call.
I called the Hilton today and was assured the Reservation manager would call me to discuss the issue. He/she did not call.
The Hilton Dublin has had my money for over a month. I have a phone bill that shows how many times I have called so I can assure you this is no exaggeration. I was told one time that the reservations managers don't work weekends and I can only catch them between 9-5 during the week. I actually took time out from my work today to call, I was assured the manager would call after completing his phone call. Again no response.
I travel a lot for my work, this was not a business trip but one of distress, I found the whole situation diabolical no matter the circumstances.
The quality of the rooms is shabby, indeed it feels like a poor 2 star in a dodgy motel. Hilton are really letting them selves down with this one.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Nomadnz
Reviewed June 30, 2007

Overall, a disppointing hotel, faraway location and unpolished service.
>LOCATION: Out of the way. 10-15 minute walk through uninteresting commercial neighboorhood to St. Stephens Green. You can catch the LUAS (street car) two stops to St. Stephens Green, though.
>FACILITIES: Rooms are small and have run down furnishings. They're about the same level as Hilton Garden Inns in the US. Rooms are noisy with hallway traffic and doors that slam very loudly, so be prepared to be jolted out of bed when neighbors return to their rooms. No onsite fitness facility, but hotel provdes FREE access to a fitness club (has pool, weights, good treadmills, step climbers, bikes, locker rooms) which is off Grafton St (a 15 minute walk) and you have to take a towel, toiletries (including soap, shampoo) and a lock for the lockers.
>SERVICE: Front desk seems inexperienced more along the lines of a 3-star hotel in other cities. At night, there's one desk staff who has to unlock the door to let guests in to the building.
>HILTON HHONORS PROGRAM: I'm a Diamond VIP and the hotel provided me with two brown bananas and a coffee/tea machine with a shortbread cookie as a Diamond VIP amenity. Extremely disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
2  Thank Flyintl
Reviewed June 14, 2007

Had a brillient time in this hotel. My daughter and I stayed for 2 nights with a mini break package (highly recommended as excellent value) on 11th and 12th June 07. We had no problem getting to the hotel on the Luas as it is just opposite and we used the Luas all the time as it was just so quick and convenient - got a flexi day pass which was very handy. Our room was very clean and had the most comfortable beds we had ever slept in in a hotel. Yes the furniture may not be thee most modern, but so what - it was absolutely fine.
Now the breakfast was just wonderful, it had EVERYTHING you could ever wish for and then more. Our 3 course evening meal was not only delicious and large but also a work of art. Drinks are ofcourse not included with the package but i had water which was free and my daughter had a glass of wine which was 6euro50 we simply paid for this at the desk going out so as it wasnt added to my account.
The only problem i had with our stay was the actual noise from the Luas as it was about 20 feet from our bedroom window, it does stop at 12.30am and doesnt start again until 5.30am which is fine by me, as we were late to bed anyway and i always get up early, however my daughter was not amused with the tram at 5.30am. Despite this there was no other disturbances from any guest noise, there didnt appear to be any rowdys at this hotel, mostly business people and American tourists (a bus load to be precise)
I plan on returning to the Hilton on another mini break next year as i didnt get to see all the sights that i had planned on. Dublin has lots to offer if you do your homework and read all the forums to check out exactly what interests yourself.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank MsBronte
Reviewed April 9, 2007

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights with 2 of my children. Location is excellent by the luas, 5 minutes to the city center and 10 minutes to Dundrums fantastic shopping centre! First the nice things: very nice breakfast and dinner, kind and flexible staff and a modern lobby. However, the rooms are a bit outdated. Not at all the usual high Hilton-standard.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family