Hilton Dublin
Westbury Hotel
$211
$193
Agoda.com
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$140
$135
Mespil Hotel(Dublin)
$161
getaroom.com
2,126 results
All reviewscharlemont placecity centretram stopnice hotelst stephens greengrafton streetminute walkgrand canalluas linedeluxe roomquiet locationbreakfast was excellenthotel barvisiting dublintrinity collegestopsireland
Reviewed March 14, 2009

A Hilton is a Hilton really - they're designed to be the same everywhere and have a characteristic Hilton quality about them. This one didnt disappoint. It was clean, comfortable and really everything you'd expect.

My requests when staying in a hotel are a quiet, nonsmoking room at the end of a corridor. I got all these which was great. Room was nice, shower and bath were fine, double bed was comfortable. Overall, top marks for the room.

Breakfast however was disappointing. The selection was great, but I found everything in the fry-up to be a little cold and very VERY salty. I have never had so much salt on a breakfast in my life, so that was a minus. However, everything was plentiful and apart from the fryup was great.

Was there for a conference, provided by the hotel. Was good, only the microphones provided for the talks caused problems and started screaming, deafening everyone. However, this was solved as quickly as possible. Not the staffs fault but could probably have been tested more beforehand.

Overall - rooms good, breakfast bad!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2009

the Hilton Dublin is a lovely hotel with friendly staff and gorgeous rooms, although ours looked over the tram lines and we could hear the tram running next door to the hotel at night it never kept us awake. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice.

The bedrooms are lovely with a huge very very comfortable bed and a huge plasma in the room. We couldnt fault the room at all or the staff.

the only problem i had with the hotel was it was not near enough to the centre..taxi was needed to get to the centre aand when you get into the taxi it is set at 5 euro before you go anywhere so overall we ended up spending around 70e on taxis.

as the euro is very weak we found dublin to be very very expensive with a basic bottle of rose wine for £12 and a plain pizza to be £15. Everyone was very friendly from the tours to the taxis and if the euro got better we would definitly go back.

Would reccomend the dublin castle tour!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2009

I stayed for two nights last week and found the Hilton to be a great place to stay. The room was large and the bed was comfortable with a big bathroom and huge flat screen TV. The hotel is quiet and very clean. I had to change rooms because of some water heating problems and I was very impressed with the way they handled the problem and how promptly they moved me. The were very apologetic even though I wasn't too inconvienced. Overall this place suited all of my needs and I found it to be a great 2 night stay, I would highly recommend.

Just to note- this hotel is about a 10 minute walk from Grafton Street - but you can also get a tram for 1 euro and be there in two mins.

My only drawback was that the hotel does not have a fitness center and directed me to a place in downtown called Jack Skelly or something like that. It was a disgusting gym and I found it to be dirty, dark, smelly and had to leave after being there for 30 mins. I was disappointed by that but there is nothing the Hilton can do- but think twice before making the walk downtown for a workout.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2009

This review has been delayed as we have just returned from travelling; however, we wanted to make a few comments about our experiences in this hotel.

The important thing to note is I did request a quiet room and sadly the only thing that is going to turn this into a bad review is that I did not get good nights sleep on one of the nights. I would be worried about returning to this hotel because I would fear loosing sleep due to noise. (The hotel hosts functions and had a disco/band on one if the nights we stayed)

I originally booked 3 rooms in this hotel for a 2 night stay arriving on 7th November 2008.
I booked directly with the hotel through their website; I did need to make some changes and add further rooms and change occupancy of rooms and meal arrangements. We spoke to the central booking staff; they made all the appropriate changes without any fuss.

The hotel itself is in Charlemont Place right next door to the canal, it is slightly outside the main shopping areas/city, I did not want somewhere right in the centre as sometimes it can be a bit noisy, it is quite a lively city. It has a good night life if that’s what you are looking for.

Transport wise the Luas is right next door to the hotel, there are plenty of taxis in the area and it is actually quite a nice walk into the main city, it takes about 15-20 minutes.

The hotel was spotlessly clean and the rooms comfortable and in good order, had all the usual facilities or any good business hotel. The bathroom was in good order with plenty of hot water.

We found all the staff to be friendly and courteous and very willing to try and help.

We ate in the hotel restaurant on the day we arrived; we found staff to be welcoming and efficient. The food and drinks was good value. Food was lovely.

We had breakfast in the hotel – this is also served in the restaurant. No complaints, good variety and very much enjoyed.

The bar in the hotel was comfortable, staff very efficient and friendly, we enjoyed some nice cocktails. Sometimes bars within a large hotel chain can be impersonal, however, the on at the Hilton would be the sort of place I would drink socially and was very welcoming.

The only thing that spoiled it for us was on the Saturday night, there was a function at the hotel which stopped us sleeping.
I had wanted to go to bed at 11:00pm but no chance of that. The function room was just below our room. I spoke to reception they advised the function was due to finish at 1:30am. After about 30 minutes we was offered a change of room but this was in the same location on the next floor up but the noise was still unbearable so there was no point in moving. The reception staff said they did not have any availability of room anywhere in a different part of the hotel.
I was really tired and just wanted to sleep but just had to get away from the noise so found myself walking the streets between Midnight and 01:30am and feeling very unhappy.

The function did finish at 01:30 sharp and following this the rooms were quiet.

The following morning I spoke to the Guest Relations Manager to advise her of my unhappiness, we were given about 20 Euros off the bill; I was not impressed but was not going to ague, I was tired after just 6.5 hours sleep and just wanted to enjoy what time we had left in Dublin

The Guest Relations Manager did tell me we would receive a feedback form from Hilton but this never materialised.

LAST COMMENTS
The Hotel was nice but I would recommend you check if there are any functions during your stay.

In my view a ANY refund or credit shows the hotels goodwill and their desire to offer a comfortable night with good service and their ability to recognise when things go wrong and their level of recognition.

The accommodation cost me 1176 Euros for the 4 rooms paid at time of booking.
I received about 20 Euros off my room bill due to the problem.

I think there is no need to comment further, other than I would have liked to have been advised about the function at the time of the booking and I could have made different arrangements.

I feel disappointed with Hilton which is a shame because I liked the hotel and the staff were really friendly.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2009

stay with my sisters for 2 nights, hotel rooms were lovely, not sound proof though, heard the room next door for several hours having aa party but staff were lovely and efficient

the restaurant was dissapointing, asked for pancakes from menu made to order, and got a its going to take a long time as you sure you want them. thats not a hilton moment!!!!!!!

One supervisor seemed to be cleaning tables, and siting guests and serving guests. crazy for s sunday morning!!! food was nice and filling!!!!!

Overall its a nice hotel, very centrally located!!! Luas literally next door!!!!!!!!!

Would suggest a lovely restaurant in Harcourt, Seabass, 2 courses for €20 and the food was fab!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family