“Great location, rooms and exec lounge”
Review of Hilton Dublin

Hilton Dublin
Ranked #49 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location, rooms and exec lounge”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed here in May while attending a conference a 15 minute walk away. My room was very nice, with a very well-pppointed bath. The exec lounge was most impressive; it is on the top floor of the hotel, with gals walls on 3 sides. Breakfast was very good and the evening snacks and wine selection was very good as well. The location was quiet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Louise C, Hotel Administrator at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Steve K

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.

Many thanks for your feedback we hope to welcome you back to Hilton Dublin again in the future.

Louise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Well presented reception and which was modern bright very festively decorated (not tacky).The reception was very helpful and was very obliging when asked to change my room to a quieter room. The bar area and restaurants were in keeping with the with the rest of the hotel. The meal was part of the package was very good and would have been excellent apart from the main meal being cold and returned without any questions. The wifi connection was superb and the fact that Hilton read these reviews and take action is a big plus for .

The location of the hotel was slightly off the beaten track on the banks of the canal. But for me this was not a problem because directly across the road and up some steps onto the bridge was the Luas in. With the trams coming every 5 minutes and the St Stephens Green being 2 stops away (approx 5 minutes away). This for me was not a problem and a bit of a novelty which I didn't mind.

I would have probably given this a 5 had I not had to send my main course, but as a frequent to Ireland on business I will be going back again so I guess that is all you need to know.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Michael F

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am very happy to hear that you had enjoyed most aspects of your stay with us.

However I am very sorry to hear that your meal was cold and no follow up was done regarding this, I can assure you that your feedback has been shared with the food & beverage team for review.

Once again, thank you for your feedback we hope to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Not a lot to say about it. We were disappointed as I expected this to be the nicest hotel or our trip. The Airport Hilton we stayed at a few days later was actually a much nicer hotel. Next time I would try the Conrad Hilton in the city. This was a very serviceable business hotel not a memorable place to stay on vacation. We were there only a few days ago and already I can hardly remember it.

There was not a lot wrong, but it left very little impression one way or the other. I expect more from a Center City Hilton. The taxi ride from the airport was crazy expensive - not Hilton's fault, but don't do it. It was around 50 Euros.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TomL_Philadelphia

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am very saddened to hear that your overall stay was not satisfactory. I would like to thank you however for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback positive and negative as it allows us to constructively review our service and quality where needed.

Your feedback has been shared with our senior management team.

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Melbourne
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Not the Hilton chains finest establishment.
The rooms are large and the lobby typical of a 4 star hotel.
Service at the front desk was good.
The hotel is a little out of town and with inclimate cold weather, is the best part of a 15-20 minute walk from the main shopping and eating district. This may be a a problem if you're carrying a lot of luggage or have mobility issues.
The hotel is on a small canal but is not in the greatest area of town. When you walk back late at night from Grafton St and Stephens Green, you walk through a fairly dilapidated area of public housing that doesn't feel particularly safe.
The other main problem is the internet.
It's becoming almost boring having to write about this.
It is now 2013 and internet is essential for business and leisure travellers alike.
Where possible, I no longer stay in a hotel unless this is available and included.
My reading of the website and traveller reviews was this was the case.
This turned out to be incorrect. There is no wifi included in the rooms, just in the lobby area.
I find it very frustrating to pay the best part of $250 a night for a room in not the greatest area of town, then find the hotel is trying to ream me another $10 a night for internet access in my room.
Just include it. You don't charge me extra for the television, soap or shampoo or using the shower, so why the internet? It's just as necessary as all of the above for most people. Unfortunately, this seems to be relatively common in the Hilton chain and will limit my use of the group until this is addressed.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank SquawkerMelbourne
Louise C, Hotel Administrator at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear SquawkerMelbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of Hilton Dublin.
I am sorry to hear that you where disappointed with charges for the internet connection in the room, unfortunately at this time it is Hilton Policy to charge for internet. This is something that maybe reviewed in the future but in the mean time we do offer complimentary internet access in the public areas of the hotel.

Once again, we thank you for your feedback, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The hotel is nice, the staff is friendly. Yes it's 20 minutes walk from downtown, but I knew that. The room service is ok, the cleaning a bit expensive. The cleaning staff is very good.

All in all decent enough, so why the two stars.

It's easy the wireless internet system is terrible. When you login with your iphone or other wireless device, it will keep you connected only while you are actively using the net. If you put your phone down to go to the bathroom or sit down watch some tv, your phone will go to the lock screen and you will get kicked off hilton wifi. So no use of skype, whatsapp, or any other service that requires you to be standby.

A cheap hostel in the downtown will have a better wifi than this, this is unacceptable for a 150Euro a night room.

After discussing this with the staff I was told that this feature was to prevent people from downloading much and could not be changed.

I ended up renting a hotspot at the local vodaphone store (40E) to do proper business during my week in Ireland. incredible.

Please, fix this problem otherwise I cannot recommend any of my colleagues to stay at your (otherwise very nice) hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for courtyard, it's more quiet
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear hapeeusa,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am very saddened to hear that your overall stay was not satisfactory due to the internet connection. I would like to thank you however for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback positive and negative as it allows us to constructively review our service and quality where needed.

We hope that you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel is very well situated , There is excellent parking in the basement. A Luas connection is outside the hotel, with a 5 minute ride to grafton street. The room was very spacious with free water.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel is located just outside of the city center and this is a typical city hotel. Check-in was somewhat lengthy. The same goes for check-out.

The rooms are ok, but small and relatively clean. Breakfast was good, with sufficient choice.

All in all an average hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Louise C, Hotel Administrator at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Greenx3