“Nice rooms n breakfast”

Ranked #51 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice rooms n breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in Sept 2013. I arrived before check in time and was allowed to store my bags with them while my room was being prepared. I just booked a regular room with the lowest rate and I was very happy with my spacious room. Yes there was no view (faces the courtyard) but it was really quiet. There is a minibar in the room but it was locked n you cannot use it to store your own beer :( but there is a convenience store jus round the corner which sells snacks and drinks.
I had breakfast in the hotel which was free as I had Gold hilton status. It was a full buffet breakfast with very good fresh baked pastries such as danish, crossants n yummy muffins! There was a range of coffee drinks n tea which the staff will gladly let you take away after your breakfast.
Location wise I find it ok and the walk into st stephen green was a leisurely 10 mins stroll. I did not even take the luas to town as I was lucky to get great weather and find walking more enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I chose this for our weekend in Dublin, due to its price vs location vs Tripadvisor rating and we were very happy with it in every way.

Check in was straightforward and decently welcoming. The room was spotlessly clean and well-equipped - a broken hair dryer (they're cunningly hidden in a black bag, hanging up in the wardrobe !) was replaced within 2 minutes.

The buffet breakfast is great and the bar serves great cocktails, albeit its not cheap - the pub "The Barge" is 100m away and is a great place to drink beer and hang out.

Location is good, opposite the LUAS tram stop, which is frequent enough and takes you straight into the centre of Dublin.

2 Thank nickdcfc
Baghdad Province, Iraq
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Okay, let me start with a bit of a disclaimer: just prior to arriving in Dublin for my long overdue Emerald Isle dream vacation/ancestral pilgrimage, I'd stayed at the Hilton Kuwait Resort (HKR) in Kuwait City, and the HKR truly spoiled me, as it's the gold standard for Hiltons (and hotels in general IMHO).

Therefore, being spoiled by the HKR, I was admittedly a wee bit underwhelmed upon my arrival at the Hilton Dublin; unlike the HKR, the concierge was ready to assist me with my baggage immediately upon arrival, the room itself was comparatively small and didn't have the complimentary fruit bowl or sweets that the HKR did (though it did have the complimentary water bottles), and the snacks & refreshments I'd pre-ordered during my online booking weren't ready when I checked in. The lack of a spa was also a trifle disappointing.

Those initial rough spots noted, the staff was very friendly and more than made up for lost time. Michelle at the Front Desk was very efficient and knowledgeable in processing my check-in, Jeroen (intern from Austria, I beileve?) worked hard to get my baggage and process my aforementioned snack & refreshment order, and the Filipino gentleman from Room Service (Richard or Robert, I beileve his name was?)...and the portions of those snacks were VERY generous in size.

The pub had a pleasant atmosphere, and Daniel and the other servers whose names escape me (my apologies for forgetting; among them were a blond lady from Poland and a young bespectacled lad from Moldova) provided top-notch service.

The breakfast buffet was excellent, and my thanks and compliments to Paul the manager and his staff.

And special thanks to Sylwia (the super-cute Polish lass with the glasses) and the other Front Desk staff whose names I'm unable to remember at the moment (again, my apologies for forgetting); they were all excellent.

The hotel is also conveniently situated right next to a rail station, and the canal waterfront right across from the hotel lobby makes for a highly refreshing and scenic morning run. Many restaurants (check out the Seagrass and the Rotana Cafe) & pubs within easy walking distance, as is (for the benefit of my fellow Catholics) the Church of Mary Immaculate (the green-domed church).

Overall, definitely a place I would recommend to any friends or associates staying in Dublin, a fine introduction to the city and country that was my dream vacation for so many years, and definitely a place I would choose to stay at again during my next Dublin foray! Well-done, Hilton Dubiln, thanks, God bless, and Erin Go Bragh!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
JenniferDalton01, Hotel Administrator at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear TrojanSkyCop1,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us.

We are thrilled to hear that you had a very pleasant stay with us.

We thank you for your detailed feedback and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Louise
Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Just make sure your room is not located near the luas line. It can disturb your sleep late and early next morning. Welcome is good, food satisfactory and well located. Parking facilities are good. Wi-fi is limited so you need to ensure you book a room with this.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Andrew D
IRELAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

On a one night visit to Dublin we stayed at the Hilton due to its proximity to Dublin city centre. The luas ( tram ) stops right outside and for €3.10 return it takes you into St Stephens Green which is at the top of a lovely shopping area Grafton Street. Secure underground parking is available at €10 per night and a lift takes you directly to reception. Check in was dealt with very efficiently by a very helpful receptionist. We were in a very well equipped room on the 4th floor which faced the courtyard. Room was clean and well maintained.
After walking around Dublin all day we decided to have dinner in the restaurant. It was ok but next time we will try some of the local restaurants. A bottle of white wine which we ordered costing €31 arrived luke warm and it was only after insisting we would not take it the waitress brought a cold bottle. Also one of our sides didn't arrive until the meal was finished.
Beds were very comfortable and a good nights sleep was guaranteed. Breakfast which was lovely with a big selection of fresh fruit, cereals, cold meats, cheese and Irish cooked Breakfast was served until 12 noon.
Overall the Hilton is a very good hotel and apart from our little issue at dinner we would definitely stay here again if we got a good rate.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Spent 1 night in the Hilton Dublin. We arrived at 5.30pm and the hotel lobby was busy with no Check-in staff available to check us in. The staff were not very friendly and I asked about booking dinner and was told that there was no service till after 8pm. Restaurant staff efficient. Food was ok, one of our starters was cold, the main courses were delicious but the sides werent great, dessert poor, apple crumble tastless due to being burnt on top.
Room was clean and nicely decorated but bathroom could do with updating.
Breakfast was excellent.

Dear Conaldavan

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am very saddened to hear that your overall stay was not satisfactory. I would like to thank you however for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback positive and negative as it allows us to constructively review our service and quality where needed.

Your feedback has been shared with our senior management team for review and action on the points you have mentioned.

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,

Louise Coyne
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here with a friend of mine after traveling through Ireland. Quite a change after the warm, cozy B&Bs and castle we spent most of our time in! I gave it an average for value since the value of a B&B is hard to beat! I used points for this one. Definitely a nice option, lots of western comforts, good staff, good location. The twin beds were very small! Great wifi, seemed to be more or a business hotel, but it was nice for our purposes as well. Easy on-site parking (although they don't wave the fee, even for Diamonds)

Easy walking distance to Trinity College and other sites. Nicely situated on the river!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends