Stayed here on a business trip. 190 euros B&B - which I think is slightly pricey. It's not in the centre of town if you're a tourist, but is reasonable walking distance from the business/financial area - and is right by a tram stop for convenience.
Breakfast was good value, I thought - although I've had problems on a previous stay when it took 10mins to get a seat at a table. Not on this occasion, however - seated immediately.
I used the bar in the evening for a few drinks, some supper, and to work. Have to say I like the ambience in there - it wasn't loud or buzzy, but it was comfortable and relaxed, with sofas to curl up on. My chicken tikka masala wasn't up to much - more of a spicy tomato sauce with some chicken in it.
When I checked in I booked a 7am taxi to take me to the airport; they forgot to book it. I was not impressed by that. Fortunately, there was a free taxi outside - but it could have been very awkward...
All that said, I feel comfortable here and will stay again when in Dublin on business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the historic Grand Canal, the Hilton Dublin hotel is a 10-minute walk from the famous St. Stephen's Green and Grafton Street areas, perfect for shopping or to enjoy a bite to eat. Located on the green LUAS line, it only takes a short tram ride to get to the fasionable Dundrum town centre. Only 3 miles away from the Dublin Convention Center, and close to the RDS and Aviva Stadium, this hotel is the perfect location for business and leisure travellers alike. Enjoy a full Irish breakfast with views of the Grand Canal or indulge in a Charlemont sandwich made from the freshest ingredients; enjoy a fillet steak from our grill in our Charlemont Bar & Bistro. Enjoy a workout in our state-of the-art Fitness by Precor Gym then see Dublin's attractions on a Viking Splash Tour or on the Hop on Hop Off tour bus. Visit the Guinness Storehouse, the Jameson Distillery or explore the city's literary history at the Dublin Writers' Museum. Choose from Hilton Guest Rooms, Family Guest Rooms or stylish Deluxe Rooms. All rooms have wireless internet access. The hotel has 8 meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 2-450 people. •City Centre Location •Close proximity to Convention Centre Dublin, RDS & Aviva Stadium •Fitness Centre •Accessibility to key shopping areas such as Grafton Street and Dundrum Town Centre •Situated in the business district •8 flexible meeting rooms for up to 450 guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Hilton Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Dublin Hotel Dublin
- Hilton International Dublin
- Dublin Hilton International
- Dublin Hilton Hotel