“Excellent venue for a 40th Birthday Party”
Review of Hilton Dublin

Hilton Dublin
Ranked #49 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent venue for a 40th Birthday Party”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I had my 40th Birthday Party at this hotel. I have to say that the venue was perfect. The staff were amazing, they were so nice, and so helpful and made me feel very special. I have been to this hotel on many other occasions for dinner and have always found it to be superb. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Louise C, Hotel Administrator at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Lisa S,

I am delighted to see that you had such a wonderful visit to the Hilton Dublin. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we hope to see you back in our hotel again in the future.

Louise Coyne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
UK
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very convenient hotel in a peaceful canalside location, away from hustle and bustle of city but right next to luas tram stop that takes you to St Stephens Green in the centre. Aircoach airport bus stops quite nearby, although not directly outside, and you can walk along the canal on a path to reach the hotel. Typical Hilton hotel.. lots of American guests who appeared to be exploring their Irish heritage and buying Trinity College/shamrock t-shirts to match! Breakfast at weekends is served until midday which was great and there was loads of choice with some Irish touches too (white pudding, scones, soda bread etc.). Very enjoyable stay and we would come back!

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

In my previous job I was fortunate to travel within Europe, North America and parts of the UAE. I stayed at many hotels including the Hilton.
Several years later, a family and a different job this is the first time my Wife and I have gone away for a leisurely weekend break, based on my experience the Hilton seemed a great choice of hotel.
The Hilton Dublin based at Charlemont is in a good location and around 10 minutes walk from the City Centre, there is a 'luas' tram stop just outside the hotel.
The hotel staff are courteous and helpful, however, I didn't feel I was staying at a Hilton Hotel. The rooms are clean but very bland, the TV service is antiquated, the mini-bar was faulty and their are no draws in the room to keep your clothes.
The hilton website claims this hotel has a Business Center, however, this is not true. I needed access to a computer and a printer to print e-tickets, fortunately, the friendly concierge allowed us to use their computer.
We dined at the 'Uisce Restaurant' - the food quality was average at best and not worth the money.
I would stay at a Hilton hotel again just not this one.

Louise C, Hotel Admin at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear ozztec 123,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am disappointed to learn that you did not thoroughly enjoy your stay. I would like to thank you however for your feedback, we appreciate all feedback positive and negative as it allows us to constructively review our service and quality where needed. I do hope you will consider returning in the future and you are most welcome.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to the City Centre, either on foot or via the Luas Tram service. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Breakfast is good but we preferred to dine in the city rather than in the hotel.

Dear Arthurgree51,

Many thanks for your recent review, it is great to see you had an enjoyable visit. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Gaillimh, Ireland
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I found the service in this hotel to be very good. The rooms were a good size, very clean, comfortable and it had all of the amenities that we needed. The staff were also very friendly and provided a very good service. I also loved the use of the Irish language in signage. I enjoyed my stay and I will defiantly recommend it to my colleagues and friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Brid N,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a great hotel. The rooms were spacious and you had all the usual facilities including a TV, safe, electric kettle and a great selection of tea and coffee. Even the fridge was stocked which was a surprise since all the other hotels up to this stage on our tour were empty. Our room was right next to the tram so it could get noisy but it wasn't an issue during the day since we were out and about and we tended to close the window at night when we slept and turn on the air con instead for some air flow. Breakfast in the morning was very good - a nice selection of foods and you could even make your own carrot juice. Location was also pretty good. It's about a 10-15 minutes to Grafton Street for some shopping and another couple of minutes to O'Connell street. There's also a Bar across the road if you don't want to eat at the hotel itself. My gripe is that there was no free wifi in the rooms whereas I could access free wifi in even 3 star hotels. At least you could access it for free down in the lobby. Overall a pleasant and comfortable stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank S P
Dear S P,

Many thanks for your recent review, it is good to see that you enjoyed your visit overall. Unfortunately it is Hilton policy that we charge for WIFI usage in the guest rooms, this is something that may be reviewed in the future. We certainly hope to welcome you back soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Richmond, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Not a bad hotel, average at best. In Dublin the buses have free wifi however you have to pay for wifi at the hotel. Though it is not expensive, 4.99 euros what is super annoying is only two devices can be used per room. So if you gave a smart phone and ipad it'll work for you. However if your traveling with your partner you can only use one device each. Once you have logged onto Internet, the main page says don't close this page as you have to log out of it to use the wifi on another device. With the iPad and iPhone you have to close the page to get to the safari icon. So to switch devices you have to call the front desk to have them log you out. After traveling in Ireland for 10 days EVERY hotel we stayed at had free wifi for unlimited devices. Based on this inconvenience I would not stay at the Hilton again.

Dear Grayson C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripdadvisor regarding your recent stay.

Thank you for your feedback it is most appreciated. Unfortunately it is Hilton policy that we charge for WIFI in our guest rooms this may be reviewed in the future, complimentary WIFI is available in our public areas such as the lobby, bar and restauarant.

I have shared your feedback with our I.T manager, but at this moment each connection purchased is limited to two devices per connection.

Once again thank you for your feedback, we do hope you will afford us the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel again in the future.

Hotel Administrator