“High standards”

Ranked #49 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Truro, United Kingdom
“High standards”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

From the friendly staff , to the cleanliness. All around nice hotel. 15minute walk from Temple Bar area. The food and drink especially is very good value in this hotel , infact the bar here is cheaper than most pubs in this expensive city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Louise C, PA To General Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Cornish-Scrumpy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our bar to be of very good value.

We hope to welcome you back to Hilton Dublin in the future.

Louise Coyne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Perfect for stopovers in Dublin!
We had the best weekend.
I really enjoyed the lobby, the staff and the brownies!!!

Our room was very large, with American sockets and lovely view from the balcony!

Definitely worth it!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank brainquaked
Louise C, PA to General Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Brainquaked,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear that you had such a great stay in our hotel and in Dublin.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Overall good, no complaints. Everything well laid out and friendly helpful staff. It's a little old in places but to be fair they were in the middle of a partial refurb. Nice breakfast and good night's sleep in a King deluxe room.

Room Tip: Only had fairly average (but okay) rooms so I can only suggest asking for an upgrade...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Louise C, PA to General Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Mr Wolfy,

I am thrilled to hear that you had a very pleasant stay in one of our king deluxe rooms and that found the breakfast to be very good.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our team members we are delighted to hear your great comments.

Tullamore, Ireland
Reviewed March 26, 2013

we always stay in hilton dublin and its always very good staff is helpfull rooms are nice, clean and quiet when iwas booking the the room i mentioned that it was my wife s birthday and asked for abottle of sparkling wine and strawberries it was no problem and free of charge i cant say enough thx.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Louise C, PA to General Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Alan c,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review on tripadvisor.

I am very happy to hear that you are a return guest to our hotel and that each time you have had a great experience.

I hope your wife enjoyed the wine and the fruit and had a wonderful time celebrating her birthday with us in the hotel.

We thank you for your feedback, and hope to see you back in our hotel very soon.

Many Thanks,

Huntington Woods, Michigan
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had the best time during my stay over St Patricks's Weekend. The hotel was wonderful. I liked that it was close to the heart of the partying but far enough that the all night celebrations did not keep me up. The bed wascomfortable. My room was larger than most European rooms. I belive they called it a King Room. All the staff was extraorinary with the exception of one individual, Darrin, from the front desk. When I checked in, he was arguing about my corporate rate. He was condescending and stoic. I had to pull out my documentation regarding my quote in order to prove it to him. His comment that it was "St Patricks weekend and prices are high" was unnecessary. The rest of the staff were delightful and charming. Servers at breakfast, dinner, the bar, the reception during my entire stay could not have done a better job. I like the extra touch of being offered a breakfast to go on the two days I left early to do an excurison.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mary Ann D
Dear Mary Ann D,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a review on tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you had such a great stay with us over the St Patricks weekend.

I am thrilled to hear that you found the room to be of a good size and the beds to be very comfortable.

However I am disapointed to hear of your experience with a member of the front office team , I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for this, I have forwarded your comments onto our senior management team for review.

We thank you for your very kind words regarding our other team members and this feedback has also been shared with all of the departments in which you have mentioned.

Once again we thank you for your feedback. We do hope we wil have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Dublin in the not so distance future.

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed on many hotels and hostels in the world and this was by far the worst nights sleep largely due to the fact that my complementary upgraded room which was quite small was one of the noisiest I stayed in. Between the luas and the loud music and noise coming from the bar / event room I did not sleep. I tried phoning to reception to see if they could change my room several times but couldn't. For the expensive prices and considering your not exactly on one of the party streets in Dublin that was ridiculous. Very noisy hotel if you actually book a room in a hotel thinking you at least will be able to sleep think again. Disappointing overall

• Stayed March 2013
Dear RebelRecruit.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Tripdadvisor.

I have noted your comments regarding the noise disturbance you had experienced, I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologsie for this and any inconvenience caused. I have shared your feedback with our senior management team. We would like to fully review your comments and would appreciate any additional information you can give us, If you could please let me know which date you had stayed and also which room number you had stayed in we can look into this further.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback, we do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Dublin at some stage in the future.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Amazing customer service...they went above and beyond for me :) Gave me champagne and cake when I checked in there on my birthday. I had lost my luggage on my flight and they remembered and asked me about the status and followed up with the airline for me. Delicious restaurant and the bartenders were very friendly ;)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo