Having just stayed at a Hilton hotel in London, I must say that the price of staying at the Hilton in Dublin was a welcome surprise (difference of approximately 250 euros...!)
That said, the quality of this Hilton was not quite as up to par. I always like to use the extra security of the chain lock, but the chain lock on my door had been oddly removed (the chain was gone but the other elements were there). Oh well. Other than that, the room itself was fine, nothing special ( I was given two narrow twin beds which made me chuckle - haven't slept in a twin bed since I was a child). The bar is nice and the food from the bar quite tasty (especially the fries)! The breakfast buffet is copious and has everything you could ever want for breakfast.
All in all, having stayed here twice in the past couple of years, I would say that this is a decent option for a stay in Dublin. There is nothing absolutely remarkable about it, but it does remain a Hilton, which ensures a reliable quality that doesn't disappoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the historic Grand Canal, the Hilton Dublin hotel is a 10-minute walk from the famous St. Stephen's Green and Grafton Street areas, perfect for shopping or to enjoy a bite to eat. Located on the green LUAS line, it only takes a short tram ride to get to the fasionable Dundrum town centre. Only 3 miles away from the Dublin Convention Center, and close to the RDS and Aviva Stadium, this hotel is the perfect location for business and leisure travellers alike. Enjoy a full Irish breakfast with views of the Grand Canal or indulge in a Charlemont sandwich made from the freshest ingredients; enjoy a fillet steak from our grill in our Charlemont Bar & Bistro. Enjoy a workout in our state-of the-art Fitness by Precor Gym then see Dublin's attractions on a Viking Splash Tour or on the Hop on Hop Off tour bus. Visit the Guinness Storehouse, the Jameson Distillery or explore the city's literary history at the Dublin Writers' Museum. Choose from Hilton Guest Rooms, Family Guest Rooms or stylish Deluxe Rooms. All rooms have wireless internet access. The hotel has 8 meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 2-450 people. •City Centre Location •Close proximity to Convention Centre Dublin, RDS & Aviva Stadium •Fitness Centre •Accessibility to key shopping areas such as Grafton Street and Dundrum Town Centre •Situated in the business district •8 flexible meeting rooms for up to 450 guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Dublin Hotel Dublin
- Hilton International Dublin
- Dublin Hilton International
- Dublin Hilton Hotel