“Yet again a lovely time in dublin”
Review of Hilton Dublin

Hilton Dublin
Ranked #49 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Yet again a lovely time in dublin”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here with my husband for a second time. Again the staff were fantastic and couldn't do enough. The room was fine.... The bathroom could perhaps do with a bit of a revamp and if possible get rid of the shower curtains.... I hate them! The location of the hotel is great with the Luas right outside. I was a bit disappointed to realise that wii fi is not offered in the rooms but it wasn't a major concern for me. Wii fi is available in the bar and lobby if needed. Overall a lovely stay.

1 Thank pickypolly8
Guest_Relations_HD, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear pickypolly8

Thank you for kindly taking the time to leave such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to hear that it was your second time to stay in our hotel and I am glad to hear that both times where a great experience for you and thank you for kind words regarding the staff it is always a pleasure to read such great feedback.

However I have noted your comments regarding the shower curtains in the room and I have forwarded your feedback onto our accommodation manager.

Thank you for mentioning the free wireless internet in the lobby and the bar areas.

I do hope we have the pleasure of once again welcoming you back to Hilton Dublin.

Louise Coyne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice room the bed was comfy, had a couple of problems with safe and toilet, but these were quickly dealt with to our satisfaction. However I did not like the bathroom, I hate a shower/ bath combo, room was very clean and tidy. Bar was good, wee mini costa coffee there which was handy! Good central hotel. Stay here if in the city.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NoHassleToTheCastle
Guest_Relations_HD, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear NoHassleToTheCastle,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to hear that you found our hotel to be very central to the city centre areas and thank you for recommending our hotel to anyone looking to stay in the city centre.

I am sorry to hear that you did not find the bathroom to be accommodating due to the shower/bath combination. However I am happy that you found the cleanliness and comfort of the room to be of a high standard.

I am delighted that overall you had a enjoyable stay with us. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel sometime in the not so distant future.

Hotel Administrator
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were pleased at how close it was from this hotel to the Temple Bar area. It was an easy walk and there was also a street car stop close by. The staff was VERY helpful -- when we were told breakfast was included, we remarked that we would be catching a train too early to make breakfast. The front desk arranged for us to get a sack breakfast and scheduled a cab to take us to Heusten train station. The next day we were able to enjoy breakfast in the hotel and found it a great value. The rooms were clean and quiet and very similar to the room we had at the Hilton Belfast.

1 Thank CopperPennyLover
Dear Byron's Girl,

I am glad that you found the location to be very convenient for you to commute to temple bar and the city centre areas.

We hope that you had enjoyed the take away breakfast that the front desk team had arranged for you to have before you had left for your trip.

I am delighted that you found your stay to be of very good value and thank you for mentioning the cleanliness and quietness of our guest rooms.

Once again thank you for your feedback, I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Dublin in the very near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed the night after the Ireland vs England rugby match - had no problem sleeping !!
Arrived at 9 a.m. soaking wet from the weather - reception was very helpful and found me a room - Thank you.
Had breakfast both days - great.
Room was modern, claen and comfortable - only slight complaint was the bath / hand held shower with smelly shower curtain. Surely you can do better ?
Staff were very helpful and polite.

Deffinately will return

Well Done Charlemont.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Arthouse99,

I am delighted to hear that you had chosen to stay with us whilst in Dublin for the Rugby match I do hope that you found the location of our hotel to be convenient to you.

Thank you for positive your feedback on the cleanliness and comfort of your room. However I am sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience with the shower. I have shared your comments with our accommodation manager to look into this.

I am glad to hear that you had a very pleasant experience with the team members in our hotel.

I am thrilled that overall you had a nice stay with us and you would be staying with us again in the future. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I was shocked to find there were no drawers to put my clothes in. There were two very slim drawers which contained the bible and a hotel brochure, but these were hardly big enough to get our clothes in. I dont think six coat hangers in a wardrobe is sufficient for two people staying for the weekend either. So due to unsufficient storage space, we had to leave our clothes in our suitcase and drapped over chairs. This made the room look cluttered and I dont think it is acceptable to have to literally live out of your suitcase.I like to be able to unpack. Every hotel I have been to before provide ample storage for your personal belongings.The housekeeping was very strange, why the cleaners had to keep putting our toiletries and toothbrush on a damp towel in the bathroom was beyond me. Normally they just leave them alone. I dont like to think that somebody has been messing with my toiletries and toothbrush, especially after they have just cleaned the bathroom, It is very unhygenic.I did try to find them to ask them to leave my things alone but couldnt find them. I should have asked reception. I know they had to clean and I didnt leave all my stuff everywhere I am very tidy, but they should leave them were they found them. leaving them on a damp towel is very unhygenic.I dont even know where the damp towel had been!! The toiletries were not replenished daily and when we did ask for some shower gel and shampoo, I felt it very sarcastic that they brought us a bag full !..we only wanted one of each..I usually bring my own toiletries but as the hotel advertised as providing these I dont bring my own on this trip. I wish I had now as they made me feel awful by asking for some. There were other little niggles I had with the hotel but those were my main issues. I would not come here again and i would not recommend this hotel as I didnt feel relaxed and comfortable as we could not fully unpack. the hygene issue with the toiletries and toothbrush is also a major concern that needs to be addressed. I have been unwell since I have been back home with a severe throat infection and it makes me think was it due to the unhygenic bathroom housekeeping.

Dear Jackie r,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Dublin.

I am sorry to hear that you found the room to lack storage facilities, we do have extra storage facilities available upon request I am sorry that no one had made you aware of this. I do hope that this did not cause too much discomfort to you.

In regards to the accommodation staff moving your toothbrush I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for this. I can assure you I have forwarded all of your feedback onto our accommodation manager for review and action.

I am sorry to hear that you where feeling unwell I do hope that you are now feeling much better.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Have had multiple stays at the Hilton Dublin at Charlemont.
The staff was excellent. They do not have a hospitality suite, but offer a Tuesday night for Rewards customers and place ammenities in your room throughout the week, which made the trip special. Also breakfast in the morning is complimentary at the on site restaurant. The European style, takes a little effort to get used too, but was a great time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear tscm,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Dublin.

I was delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, it was wonderful to read. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff.

I am happy to hear that you had the opportunity to join us for our HHonors evening which we have in the hotel every Tuesday evening.

I was also pleased to see that you enjoyed our HIlton breakfast, at your own leisure.

We look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the near future.

Paris, France
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Among all the big hotel brands, Hilton is not one of my favorites, however I chosed to stay here since it's not far from the city centre (St Patrick's Cathedral is about 20 minutes walking) and seemed to be a good deal. The hotel is just average, although it is clean. The staff is fairly polite but many of them look as if they got up from bed and went to work without having a shower.
Corridors look sad and worn, but rooms are just ok. The bed was comfortable but a/c wasn't working really well, I left the window open to have some fresh air.
There is nothing really wrong, but I didn't like the atmosphere of the hotel, it feels sad
I didn't try room service or restaurant, and didn't check tv or internet so, no opinion about it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear CaTiLo,

I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel cleanliness to be of high standard. I am also thrilled that you found the team to be friendly and efficient.

I am sorry to hear that you found the decor of the hotel be sad, thank you for providing us with your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to Hilton Dublin in the near future.