“Hilton customer service was #1”
Review of Hilton Dublin

Hilton Dublin
Ranked #46 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Have had multiple stays at the Hilton Dublin at Charlemont.
The staff was excellent. They do not have a hospitality suite, but offer a Tuesday night for Rewards customers and place ammenities in your room throughout the week, which made the trip special. Also breakfast in the morning is complimentary at the on site restaurant. The European style, takes a little effort to get used too, but was a great time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_HD, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear tscm,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Dublin.

I was delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, it was wonderful to read. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff.

I am happy to hear that you had the opportunity to join us for our HHonors evening which we have in the hotel every Tuesday evening.

I was also pleased to see that you enjoyed our HIlton breakfast, at your own leisure.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Dublin

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Among all the big hotel brands, Hilton is not one of my favorites, however I chosed to stay here since it's not far from the city centre (St Patrick's Cathedral is about 20 minutes walking) and seemed to be a good deal. The hotel is just average, although it is clean. The staff is fairly polite but many of them look as if they got up from bed and went to work without having a shower.
Corridors look sad and worn, but rooms are just ok. The bed was comfortable but a/c wasn't working really well, I left the window open to have some fresh air.
There is nothing really wrong, but I didn't like the atmosphere of the hotel, it feels sad
I didn't try room service or restaurant, and didn't check tv or internet so, no opinion about it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear CaTiLo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Dublin.

I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel cleanliness to be of high standard. I am also thrilled that you found the team to be friendly and efficient.

I am sorry to hear that you found the decor of the hotel be sad, thank you for providing us with your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to Hilton Dublin in the near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

...for me as I stay reasonably frequently on business. The best things about the hotel are the staff. I requested a DVD player which duly arrived the next day and was all set up with TV for me to use. Staff very friendly and obliging. Only one small problem - one of the young male waiters at breakfast had clearly not washed his shirt for some time and the smell of BO was overpowering especially by the 3rd morning of my stay. (Needs a bit of 'personal hygiene' training.) Apart from breakfast, which is excellent, I don't usually eat at the hotel as there are many better places in Dublin to eat. But the pillows are the best in the world the rooms are spacious and comfortable (not all Hiltons are roomy) and generally the hotel is mainly quiet (I can't comment on weekend noise as I only stay mid-week). However, if you want complete peace and quiet, don't take a room over the bar area where tables/chairs are moved during the night on a hard floor which resounds upwards to the bedroom! Not good at 3.00 am.

Room Tip: Not over any public area eg bar/function room if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Guest_Relations_HD, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Lauran1902

I was also pleased to see that you enjoyed our full buffet breakfast, at your own leisure. I have noted your comments regarding the breakfast team and I have forwarded your comments onto the relevant department manager.

I am thrilled that you find the rooms comfortable and spacious and find our pillows particularly comfortable. We are very greatful for your feedback.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here, got deal on nights stay. Hotel is a great location to get in and out of. Check in always friendly and very helpful, staff are great.

Rooms are really modern and well stocked. Always enjoy stay, bar is good size and well run. Only complaint is restaurant is not great, and lets hotel down. Breakfast is poor for a Hilton and lunch is only average. Bar food is not bad, so if the food improved it would help.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Very nice place to stay. Clean, comfortable, staff was very helpful. Within walking distance to the Templebar area, Grafton Street. Comfortable bed, quiet room. Would stay there again next time I am in Dublin.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank geohohl
Guest_Relations_HD, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear geopony

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on TripAdvisor, your kind words are very much appreciated.

I am most pleased you found the location of the Hilton Dublin ideal for your trip, thank you for mentioning it.

I have passed on your comments to the senior management team.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime in the not too distant future.

Suzanne Fitzpatrick

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel a few nights ago. The hotel reception was well staffed and all were smartly dressed, polite and efficient. Very formal with an air of friendliness as you would expect.
The room was well decorated, clean and approriately furnished. It has all the amenities necessary to support a one night stay or longer.
The air conditioning worked perfectly and the windows that opened allowed some fresh air in as well.
The view from my room overlooked the canal and convenient tram station, 30 seconds walk from the front door that can easily transport you to Connolly Station.
The bathroom was brght and airy and well stocked with lovely products and clean white towels.
The bar area and reception had lots of space to meet with colleagues (10 of us stayed) and enjoy a discussion or a well earned drink at the end of the evening.
Breakfast was as good as other Hilton's and of course the breakfast team were efficient, polite and not in your face (not a morning person).
Check out was painless.
Frequently around the hotel each staff member I encountered greated me, that was a really great touch.

1  Thank Briu1970

Dear Briu1970

Suzanne Fitzpatrick

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I needed to work from the centre of Dublin and this was the closest hotel to the offices. Its been a while since I have stayed in a Hilton.

I arrived late (due to a delayed flight) at about 1:30am. Check in was fast and my room had been preselected and the key ready, so in my room within 5 minutes - excellent.

The room is fairly small (considering the price), but warm and the facilities all worked.

On the first evening, I left my room and noticed the acrid smell of cigarette smoke in the corridor. Obviously others had as well and complained because there was a note under my door (and I assume others in the corridor), saying that smoke had been smelt and that there were smoking rooms if people required it - it is a well written letter that could not raise offence - a nice touch on a touchy subject and I have not seen this before.

I went to the bar and had to wait over 10 minutes to be served. There seemed to be a lack of staff and those there seemed fairly slow. Annoying. This speed of service continued when ordering food - you really have to call out when you see a member of staff passing, although they are friendly and professional when you catch them - it is the catching that causes the issue!

I ordered a newspaper but this did not arrive on day one (I assumed because of my late arrival). It did not arrive on day 2 so I went to reception and was told I had to order papers - given that I had, I found this a bit insulting. There was no apology for non-delivery, but they did find a copy from the lounge (pre-read) for me. I don't mind the mess up - but the lack of an apology.

Breakfast is an average affair for a hotel of this quality - I did think the buffet eggs were old and rubbery - always a problem with buffet eggs. However everything I want was there, but certainly not worth the 14 euro price.

This is a fine hotel, but service seems to be slow and there does not feel to be that general welcome.

Over all, would I stay here again - well if I have meetings in the office next door yes - if I have meetings elsewhere in Dublin, I think I would stay elsewhere.

1  Thank Hawkwind1966