We stayed at both the Hilton Dublin and Hilton Kilmainham over a long weekend through the honors program.
The hotel is a short (10-15min walk from Grafton Street) and has a tram stop right next to it which is very useful getting back and forth from the city centre.
Getting to the hotel from the airport is easy enough. Use the Airport 747 (6 Euros) to take you to O' Connell Street, walk down Grafton Street (go straight down the road) to St Stephens Green and then get the tram the rest of the way.
We found the hotel and room very average. Its clean and tidy but does should a little wear and tear. The staff are helpful but the hotel was very, very noisy. We had doors slaming all night and the walls seem to be paper thin. We heard the couple next door just talking and the guy to the other side coughing.
If I was pushed to decide between the Hilton Dublin and Hilton Kilmainham I would probably go for the Kilmainham and pay the extra for taxis. The Kilmainham is in much better condition, quieter with better rooms. It also has a fabulous gym and facilities. The only slight difficulty is its location which the Dublin Hilton wins on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the historic Grand Canal, the Hilton Dublin hotel is a 10-minute walk from the famous St. Stephen's Green and Grafton Street areas, perfect for shopping or to enjoy a bite to eat. Located on the green LUAS line, it only takes a short tram ride to get to the fasionable Dundrum town centre. Only 3 miles away from the Dublin Convention Center, and close to the RDS and Aviva Stadium, this hotel is the perfect location for business and leisure travellers alike. Enjoy a full Irish breakfast with views of the Grand Canal or indulge in a Charlemont sandwich made from the freshest ingredients; enjoy a fillet steak from our grill in our Charlemont Bar & Bistro. Enjoy a workout in our state-of the-art Fitness by Precor Gym then see Dublin's attractions on a Viking Splash Tour or on the Hop on Hop Off tour bus. Visit the Guinness Storehouse, the Jameson Distillery or explore the city's literary history at the Dublin Writers' Museum. Choose from Hilton Guest Rooms, Family Guest Rooms or stylish Deluxe Rooms. All rooms have wireless internet access. The hotel has 8 meeting rooms that can accommodate up to 2-450 people. •City Centre Location •Close proximity to Convention Centre Dublin, RDS & Aviva Stadium •Fitness Centre •Accessibility to key shopping areas such as Grafton Street and Dundrum Town Centre •Situated in the business district •8 flexible meeting rooms for up to 450 guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Dublin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Dublin Hotel Dublin
- Hilton International Dublin
- Dublin Hilton International
- Dublin Hilton Hotel