All reviews bar downstairs is room was clean harcourt street early hours decent hotel good nights sleep hotel room bars and restaurants booked this hotel reception staff central location pub ireland
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I arrived at hotel prior to check-in. The staff was accommodating and give me room choices.
Room is average but worked for me and my travel plans, I needed a place mainly to sleep because my intentions were to see as much of Ireland as I can.
Hotel can use an upgrade in amenities.
I was disappointed in the various rates which varied from Euro 69-219 per night for my stay, weekend prices were too high just for an average room. I know I could have gotten more at another hotel, for the same price, oh well, I hope I have better luck next visit.
Hotel is 25mins walk to city center , dollar for dollar you maybe better off booking hotel in city. I do not mind the walk but accommodations maybe better elsewhere for a few extra dollars.

Room tip: There is a club directly below hotel. The second floor(rm 211) facing streets but once window is closed room is quiet. Did not here noise from club or patrons.
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank vsa1
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Booked Landsdowne hotel months ago As attending Michael Buble concert.Upon arrival to check in at 4 pm we were informed that no rooms were available and we were being relocated to another hotel.had already paid for parking - not refunded. Relocated to the Portobello Townhouse.We were informed at the Landsdowne that this hotel was much better than theirs. Well if that is the case The Landsdowne must be a complete shambles altogether . We arrived back to the hotel after the concert to be greeted to music blaring. This music continued until 3 in the morning! I rang reception to complain and the receptionist informed me that this information was on the website. I informed him we had not booked to stay here and nobody else should book to stay here either!

Date of stay: July 2013
6  Thank Cblb1
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I will never stay here again! I would never recommend anyone to stay here!!
Loudest room ever, blaring music until after 3am!!!!
We had book another hotel (Landsdown Hotel) but due to their overbooking or as they said a plumbing issue we got placed here.
Don't stay here!!!!!!!!

Date of stay: July 2013
5  Thank Aloofasc
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We booked a room at the last minute and paid 48€ for the night. Not a 5 star but we didn't expect that. Room was clean, reception courteous and we could sleep a good night for a reasonnable price. All we hoped for.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We (me & my husband) stayed here for a weekend break in Dublin, having struggled to find accommodation that was reasonably priced and available we found this gem. Although a little further out than we would have perhaps liked (it was about a 20-30minute walk to Grafton St/Temple Bar) the hotel was great, the staff were really friendly and helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble. Our room was clean and had a good shower, we overlooked the road and although a little noisy because we were above the outside drinking area this did not cause us a problem. Great breakfast and a nice bar - we'd recommend it. Although not cheap, it was reasonable by Dublin standards.

Date of stay: June 2013