All reviewsbar downstairs isroom was cleanharcourt streetcity centreearly hoursdecent hoteltea coffeetemple bargood nights sleepwould stay here againbars and restaurantsreception staffpubirelanddryerguinness
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Friendliest staff of our trip so far. Basic room, quite acceptable. Clean. On main intersection, so not the quietest. Night club in basement, again, not too bad. Plenty if supermarkets for alcohol and snacks if u want a night in. Overall good.

Room Tip: If u want a nice view you will have noise. Don't know about other rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy M
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The staff is absolutely amazing. very helpful and friendly. the hotel is not too far from the center. you can walk every where or catch the bus really close. loved all. a good room. good breakfast. and it's good to have a pub in the building!

Room Tip: 305 is big and has a good open view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I spent 2 nights in Portobello Hotel.I must say-I've had a pleasant surprise when I opened the door to my room.Clean,spacious,comfy bed,hudge bathroom with hudge shower:)Outside temp was around +5^C inside my room over 25^C:)))))The Recepcionists(lady and the guy)was excellent-nice and friendly-always with a smile on their faces,helpful.In the morning I had an Irish breakfast cooked by a genius Romanian Chef and served with superb quality service by Romanian girl.In the evening I went for a dinner-had a nice Irish beef burger-unfortunetely the woman taking the order was quite unpleasant and ,let's say,"cold"This is the only reason its 4 stars out of five..
Definetly will stay there again!!!
Thanks Guys!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tomasz G
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in a 3 day business trip to Dublin and wanted somewhere affordable, well located and nice to stay. The Portobello was perfect. The room was of a high quality, and looked to have been recently refurbished, the location was excellent and the stay overall was exactly what I was looking for but exceeded expectations for the price paid. Also food quality was good, staff excellent and bar downstairs very comfortable and inviting. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Thank you very much Portobello Hotel. Me my wife and our 11 months old son Patrick had a wonderfull stay at the Portobello Hotel. Wonderfull charming staff. We were in room 210 and stayed a week. The room was clean, warm and cosy. Every morning we had our Irish breakfast served by a very nice lady. Even lunch was very good. Price and quality. And here too the staff was great. I Thank the Irish lady that was there at lunch time! Even the pub downstairs was excellent. Great Guinness and good pub food! Who ever is looking for a charming place with a real Irish taste in the city of Dublin with an excelent staff, good food, clean rooms Portobello hotel/Pub is the place. Great location with only 15 min. walk to city center. Will definitely go back to Portobello next time in Dublin.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family