All reviewsbar downstairs isroom was cleanharcourt streetcity centreearly hoursdecent hoteltea coffeetemple bargood nights sleepwould stay here againbars and restaurantsreception staffpubirelanddryerguinness
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in a 3 day business trip to Dublin and wanted somewhere affordable, well located and nice to stay. The Portobello was perfect. The room was of a high quality, and looked to have been recently refurbished, the location was excellent and the stay overall was exactly what I was looking for but exceeded expectations for the price paid. Also food quality was good, staff excellent and bar downstairs very comfortable and inviting. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Thank you very much Portobello Hotel. Me my wife and our 11 months old son Patrick had a wonderfull stay at the Portobello Hotel. Wonderfull charming staff. We were in room 210 and stayed a week. The room was clean, warm and cosy. Every morning we had our Irish breakfast served by a very nice lady. Even lunch was very good. Price and quality. And here too the staff was great. I Thank the Irish lady that was there at lunch time! Even the pub downstairs was excellent. Great Guinness and good pub food! Who ever is looking for a charming place with a real Irish taste in the city of Dublin with an excelent staff, good food, clean rooms Portobello hotel/Pub is the place. Great location with only 15 min. walk to city center. Will definitely go back to Portobello next time in Dublin.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed 9-12 November I had a room over looking the canal 2nd floor.....The hotel is a old building at least 120 years in the original parts I arrived early and was able to check in very helpful reception staff......room was very clean and no complaints bed was very comfortable mattress and bedding all very new......breakfast was very good, tea coffee choice of juice cereal toast and then cooked breakfast ......I also had 2 meals in the evening very bar area is beautiful original features large screen TVs for sport......reception staffed 24 hours.....I had a hire car sat and sun and after 6.30 parking is free other times you pay parked no problems in street each time.......7 minutes drive to centre...My TV was small maybe that could be upgraded but i wasnt there to watch TV free wifi ......Plenty of staff on duty at all times I also went to the club on sat night for a couple hours ........This bar played a part in the 1916 troubles shame it is not highlighted somewhere !!!!!!! Yes id stay again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Per gli Italiani: consigliato! l'addetto alla reception parla anche un buon italiano!

Very good hotel! in 15-minute walk (at most) are in the center. Our room was great, very large, clean, with large tv, necessary for you and a beautiful view from the windows. Efficient and friendly reception, which gave us all the necessary information. Very nice pub below: nice people, good food, good beer. Live music in some afternoons. Great breakfast, you can choose between Irish and continental breakfast.
Quality / price excellent!

Recommended!

When I get back to Dublin, I will definitely stay at Portobello!
And for Italians: the receptionist speaks good Italian!

Room Tip: The pub can be noisy on Saturday night. Ask for a quiet room! Or stay out and have fun until late at night! Il pub può essere rumoroso il sabato sera. Chiedete una stanza tranquilla!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Although the location is good and a Funky part of town, street noise was a problem even on a Wed night, not to mention room to room noise. The bed was an old spring mattress which is surprising considering that's a small upgrade cost to a Hotel and the reason we didn't stay at a nearby Hostel. We pre-booked for 3 days and when we checked out early the next day the Front Desk was very unprofessional and charged us for the second night! Even thought the cancellation policy says one night if you are a no-show!!

Robert from Calgary.

Room Tip: Try the third floor and away from corner rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple