“Great value but Leisure Centre needs attention”

The Regency Hotel Dublin
Ranked #117 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Wexford, Ireland
“Great value but Leisure Centre needs attention”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I got a great deal online so was generally happy. The room was adequate with an excellent city view. Sadly the TV only worked intermittently and when brought to the attention of Reception, they weren't too bothered. Handy location between City and Airport. Food was ok but could be a lot better. I feel the Hotel lacks serious Management. The Leisure Centre was dirty. I Swam on Saturday morning and noticed empty bottles by the Jacuzzi and the dressing room had rubbish on the floor. I was disgusted to see the same stuff in the same place the following day so no cleaning done on a daily basis. Eek! Could do with a visit from the Health Inspectors!!

Room Tip: The city view rooms, while a bit tired, were cheered up by the view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hotel was nice, bar area was lovely and food was lovely, however staff found to be rude. Reception staff whilst friendly were unable to assist with directions to a few major landmarks in the city centre.Leisure centre was great with great ammenties and beautifully presented however unaccessable from inside the hotel, meaning one would need to go out the main entrance and walk about 20 metres to access the centre.
Room was average, bathroom was newly renovated and warm. no phone in room and window was barely usable. Biggest downfall was the housekeeping staff starting their rounds at appx 730am, making quite a fair bit of noise. On sunday morning we were awoken at 9am by a cleaner knocking on the door, unacceptable before check out time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not situated at at corridors end as this is where the housekeeping store rooms are.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked this hotel to stay in after a flight into Dublin airport. It was cheaper than everywhere else so we went for it expecting nothing much. I had seen this hotel from the road before and the big red old-fashioned sign is very off-putting...but when I drove around the side to the main enterence it was a whole different story. It looked elegant and certainly worth more than the 49euro for the night! It is conveniently located beside a convenience store. The receptionist had us checked in very fast and the whole place was well furnished and lovely. The room was warm, spacious and comfortable, and the bathroom was clean and well equipped. We were informed that we had full use if the leisure facilities but we did not avail because we were tired from traveling. We had such a relaxing time. There were plenty of channels on the TV and tea/coffee making facilities and we were able to unwind and relax without disturbance. Although the parking was not free, we only paid about 6euro for the night, I had expected it to be more. All-in-all, I would recommended this place highly over all the other "budget" hotels in the Dublin Airport vicinity. We just wanted somewhere to rest our heads but it became an extra night onto our holidays :)

Room Tip: Lifts are tiny, beware if you are claustrophobic at all!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brophmeister21
Cork
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great value for money for short stay; 2 nights for €49 + 4 breakfasts @ €10 each total €89. Breakfast poor value for €10 each. Room warm and very comfortable. Staff pleasant and helpful except for barman who had a cock and bull story about the bottle opener when I asked him to open a bottle of wine. Excellent Italian restaurant Il Corvo within walking distance in Drumcondra.

1 Thank douglaswilliams
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed in hotel with my daughter last Friday as we ere having renovations in the house and wanted her to have a good nights sleep. We chaecked in and I was delighted to hear that we were being offered a complimentary upgrade! Delighted we headed to the room, firstly, if this was an upgraded room I would hate to see the standard rooms! The room was freezing also! After a nice dinner in the restaurant we headed up to bed. While watching television in bed the pplace was echoed with loud music and I realised they had placed us diectly over the function room!!!!!My daughter jumped out of her sleep and I rang down to reception and was told that there was a function on(like I hadnt already guessed)!! The girl was so unhelpful I just hung up. This went on unti all hours and I again called down and the unhelpful man recpetionist who could barely speak proper english just apologised! Not even offered a room move! I work in hotels and could not believe it! On check-out the gentleman sis not even look at me just said"room number" and when he saw the account was settled the said that was fine. I then said as he hadnt asked I may tell him about my stay. He took my details and told me a letter would come in the post- obviously never recieved a thing. When I asked about the parking he then charged me even after knowing about my sleepless night! People working in this hotel have no cop on firstly to put a woman and a 3 year old over a function room in the first place and absolutely no customer service! Will never return to this hotel- better off its demolished!!!!

Room Tip: Just do not stay here!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ashling155
Blackrock, Louth, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Room was situated at rear of hotel and is accessed via what can only be described as a building site. Room was cold dated and grubby, tv postage stamp sized. Tried to call reception to ask that heating be repaired and found that phone was merely ornamental as it was fitted with a UK adapter and socket was standard Irish RJ11. Only plus point is that leisure centre is very nice and complimenatry to guests. Wouldn't recommend

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

my sis got me and my girlfriend a nights stay here and it was ideal just for a wee getaway for a night away from the the bigots blocking our roads in belfast over their stupid flag (but thats another issue) :) we never dined at the restaurant so could not comment, we opted for a chinese meal and a bottle of wine at the room, chinese a 5 minute walk up the road to the right, good idea to bring your own plates glasses & cutelry, dined for under 15 euro :) and we had a lovely table and chairs to dine at in our room, great night at the bar with a good singer for entertainment (had us dancing away) did not see any of the faults im reading in the bad reviews, we had a lovely room with a king size bed and lovely funiture and all appeared clean, breakfast was good and we didnt think we were making it in time at 9:55 but they were still putting fresh stuff out, if i would fault anything, yes the reception staff could do a bit better with a "hope you enjoyed your stay, "and was everything ok for you" and the place could be signed a bit better to help you find your way round, particuly the gym area, but nothing to hinder our stay, we had a great night,