“Quiet & Relaxing”

Roxford Lodge Hotel
Ranked #13 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed May 14, 2014

The staff were lovely and really helpful. The room was great, I was pleasantly surprised to find it had a sauna. The bed was really comfy and the room was spotless. Only downside would be for non early risers. The room was next to the kitchen so you could hear the radio and movement around above your head.

There is a good parking lot and it's quite close to town so you can walk in if you like or take one of the many buses or taxi's passing by. There's a cosy pub around the corner that serves a good pint of Guinness so you don't have to go far if you don't want to.

The staff brought in refreshments when I arrived which was a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Roxford Lodge Hotel

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Roxford. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, everything was clean, and the staff were very helpful. The neighborhood is nice and a fit person can walk to the city center.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed at the Roxford Lodge for 6 nights in April, at the end of a 3 week trip around the UK and Ireland. It was the perfect choice after being on the road moving around a lot. It is family run, and you are welcomed and cared for in a way that makes you feel like a special guest in a family home. If I am in Dublin again, I would not even consider another hotel, Roxford Lodge would be my home base. The hotel is lovely, clean and well kept. It is in a lovely large old home from the 1800's, which has been converted into a hotel.

The neighborhood is beautiful, quiet and very easy to get anywhere you want to go on public transport. It takes about 20 minutes to walk to the heart of the city center, and other neighborhoods full of great restaurants and pubs. I walked along the river to the Shelbourne Hotel, which has fabulous bars and restaurants, definitely a place you at least want to have a pint or cocktail at.

I had a single room, room 110, which I highly recommend for a single person. It has both a Jacuzzi tub, and a small sauna, shower with great water pressure in the spotless bathroom, comfortable bed, high ceilings, good wifi, there is a printer, DVD player with newer movies, set up to make tea and coffee, a small fridge, really everything you need. They are very attentive, and will bring you a fresh pot of tea or coffee, with biscuits, anytime you want, and ask frequently if they can get it for you. I got food poisoning while I was there, from a Thai restaurant, I was looked after like a family member by Lynnsie, she kindly checked on me, and brought me fluids to keep hydrated.

Everyone who works there, the family and their employees, are very accommodating and helpful, they happily help you with anything you need or want to do. Agnes, was great helping me plan a countryside day trip, she scheduled my trip for me. Anything I needed, they were on the phone immediately to set up for me, including a nail appointment, that Desmond tried to set up for me, calling several times, but it was Good Friday, and the shop was closed. By the way, all pubs are closed on Good Friday, no alcohol is sold in Ireland on Good Friday or Christmas.

They have a very good assortment for breakfast, whether you have the continental or full Irish breakfast. Being alone, I would take breakfast in my room, but loved my early morning chats with the owner, when going down to the dinning room for coffee.

I was able to see their top floor suite, which is absolutely wonderful. It is very large, with a separate office area, that included everything you need, computer, printer, good speakers for Skype. It has a bar, large sauna, large Jacuzzi tub for 2 people in a separate area in the room, full bathroom, a balcony, full kitchen, including oven and gas stove, everything you would need to cook full meals. There is a flat screen TV, DVD player with lots of DVD's, and separate stereo. I was very impressed with the room, which can sleep 4/5 people, and they can supply a crib. I took photos which I will include, they are not great, but you can get a good idea of the room. The pricing is very good for this room, I was surprised at how well the pricing is for the hotel, with such a great location, and lovely building.

I loved my stay at the Roxford Lodge. Thank you to everyone for making my stay so lovely!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Trisha S
Reviewed April 25, 2014

have just returned from 2 nights in roxford lodge. Arrived at busaras and took taxi. About 15-20 mins at 10 euro which was very good. Room was ready and we settled. searched for sauna but we didn't have one.(:
We were on ground floor with patio opening onto garden.The door was locked and key missing so we didnt get out until next day when we asked to have it opened.
Walked into town in about 25 mins. Lovely area.Straight walk took us to trinity college. We then spent the rest of day getting lost in dublin, but we didnt mind.
had breakfast first morning which was lovely but for us was a waste of money as we are not big eaters in the morning.
Bus into town from across road cost around 5 euros. Slightly cheaper second day.
when we were leaving were able to leave our luggage in hotel and then came back and staff ordered taxi.
We only saw the two girls in reception and the lady serving breakfast so we had very little contact with the staff to rate them. However they were all very pleasant.
Great big TV in front of bed with a great selection of DVDs which my children said were all very recent. So able to relax with dvd and glass of wine in bed.
Would stay again as quiet and convenient to city.

Room Tip: room 105 on ground floor has lovely little garden which is a great suntrap.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank OmaghSinglemum
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Clean, business type hotel with great access to Dublin City Centre. Walking distance to much of Dublin. Small to mid-size bedrooms. Free, secured car parking. Cannot comment about breakfast since we departed at 7 am.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed her for a long weekend and we had a wonderful time. We were worried the location was too far from the city center but it was perfect. Far enough away to be in a safe quieter area but easy enough walk and ever easier bus ride (use #4 or #7) to the shopping district. I highly recommend buying a "freedom pass" 3 day ticket which includes airport transfers to city center, all city busses and the green "hop-on-hop-off" bus pass, all unlimited use for 30 Euro a person total (for three days).

Staff was so helpful and welcoming, catering to our every need even a very early morning check in! Breakfast is hot, made to order with various choices plus fresh fruit, cereals, scones and cheeses.

I also loved the bathroom. Great tub/shower combo with strong water pressure (very important to me).

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Julie D
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Booked 3 nights away for a special birthday treat and on their suggestion they arranged a bottle of fizz and chocolates which greeted us on our arrival. Staff were really helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We were spoilt for choice at breakfast with extensive cooked and continental dishes all nicely presented and tasty.

The room, which was spotlessly clean, had a private sauna and a jacuzzi bath and a huge comfortable bed. Ample tea and coffee making facilities also in the room and a small fridge for your use plus a safe, large TV and DVD player with several films. Our room (117) was out the back of the hotel and that was quiet - the Aviva stadium at Lansdowne Park could be seen from the window.

The hotel was situated to the south east of the city on the outskirts in a smart business/residential area. Dublin city centre was less than 30 mins walk and 15 mins by bus through the traffic and this was ideal for us after a busy day out because it was away from the hubbub and noise of city centre hotels.

Would definitely go back to Roxford Lodge again when we next visit Dublin.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple