“Lovely stay, not quite luxury”

Roxford Lodge Hotel
Ranked #10 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is a lovely B&B, kept to a very good standard. I was so looking forward to our stay since we were celebrating our wedding anniversary;however there were some small details that didn't quite do it for me.

The room was well presented with much more than you could expect (individual sauna and jacuzzi in room) but the hot water was not working in the morning to take a shower! This made us loose about an hour, but luckily by the next day it was fixed. When showering the water was leaking onto floor, also not so good. Bed was comfy but might need a change of mattress soon. Breakfast was fantastic, loads of choice big and small so well worth it, the full Irish was tasty!!

Location is good, about 20 min walk from city centre, in a lovely neighbourhood. Also transport to and from airport dead easy with air coach.

I asked for some wine to be ready for us and manager Lynssie was so helpful and friendly.

Don't get me wrong, I would definitely stay again, and it's great value for money; unfortunately there were a couple of things I wish didn't have to deal with whilst on holiday!

• Stayed: December 2013
Lynnsie O, Manager at Roxford Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Ms. Mariana DV,
Thank you for your feedback. We are constantly striving to improve ourselves and your feedback is an invaluable part of the process! I am very sorry that your Anniversary stay was hindered by the problem with the water. I can understand what an inconvenience that must have been and am truly sorry.
I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you and your husband again sometime in the future and to provide you with the luxurious experience that you should have had during your stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your comments.

Kind Personal Regards,

Lynnsie O'Donoghue
RoxfordLodge Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,437)

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed here 6/12/13. The overall experience in the hotel was good, the staff were really friendly and helpful and the hotel is only a 10/15 minute walk from the RDS, lots of bars and restaurants nearby and secure parking. If I am to say anything negative it is that the hotel has slightly quirky features that could do with being looked at by the owners. Our room had a mini sauna in it which was really not fitting with the room, it was a wooden box thing plonked in the corner next to the tv. Not a huge problem but just seemed very random in such a small room. Although our bed was very clean and comfortable, and the toilet and bath were clean, the bathroom had alot of mould on the ceiling.
Breakfast was ok, although I don't eat pork and tailoring the cooked breakfast options was limited.
This hotel has lots of character, and any of the small 'misses' are easily overlooked because the staff were so nice.

Room Tip: The room we had faced the road but the windows were really well glazed and we didn't have any pr...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The hotel has extremely helpful staffing, personal service and a friendly atmosphere - from we arrived until we left. The room was clean and had that "touch" that made the stay very nice. The hotel is situated only a short 20 min walk from the city centre. Our room was very quiet and airconditioned. All in all - a nice stay!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Erik O
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This hotel is somewhat modestly labelled a three start but from the moment we arrived and were offered tea or coffee and ensconced in a beautiful Georgian lounge with coal fire, we were hooked.

Bedroom quality was punching well above its weight and the hotel scores well for location -just 15 mins walk into the centre- no hardship. Very friendly and helpful staff throughout.

We were here to watch the rugby just 5 mins walk round the corner, and I'm writing this awaiting transport to the airport, after the game, again with tea/coffee, long after we checked out today.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David W
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed in Roxford Lodge Hotel two days ago. Staff was very friendly and very helpful. We stayed in a suite, there was a bottle of wine and chocolates included in the room, we did not know that at time of booking so it was a great surprise! Room was clean and we absolutely loved it!
The room was large the jacuzzi tub and in room sauna were great touch. Plus there was a extra room with computer and printer.
Balcony was bonus!
There was small kitchen, with amazing coffee machine.
Breakfast was great! Loads of choose of!

FREE parking at the back of hotel!
I stayed the following night in a 5 star hotel in Dublin, it was over twice the price and the room was less the half the size. If I had to chose between the Roxford and that 5 star hotel, I would pick the Roxford.

I'm looking forward to saying there on next trip to Dublin.

Room Tip: I would recommend the hotel to anyone! Suit is amazing!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MiaCC1
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Staff friendly. Breakfast very expensive. Room clean but not as expected from website. TV poor picture quality. Shower leaked. View was awful looked over a builders yard. Too far from city centre. This was supposed to be our wedding anniversary treat and we were very disappointed. Not as described on website and certainly not a boutique hotel. Stayed in nicer bed and breakfast accomodation for half the price.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Rachael E

Dear Rachel E,

Thank you for leaving your honest feedback about your stay with us. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am that you did not have a fantastic experience while here at our Hotel. I wish that you would've alerted us to the fact that you were unhappy with your room and we would have happily changed you straight away.
We try to offer a vast selection of breakfast choices. All of our hot breakfasts cooked fresh to order, at a competitive price and I am sorry to learn that you were not pleased with the value for money.
I really hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to change your opinion of the Roxford Lodge Hotel.
I hope that you still passed an enjoyable anniversary weekend.
Please accept my sincere apologies for your stay not being all it should have been.

Kind Personal Regards,

Lynnsie O'Donoghue
Roxford Lodge Hotel

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is off the between path, but an easy jaunt into the city center. It's only about a 20 to 30 min. walk or 5 to 10 min. by the num. 4 or 7 bus. The staff is friendly and helpful. They recommended a day trip that was very nice and answered all my questions. Stayed here a week, Thursday to Thursday. Would stay here again!