1,412 results
All reviews the pub unique hotel grand canal city centre merrion square minute walk small hotel aviva stadium trinity college bord gais theatre bar food great bar quiet location dublin airport room was large dart station breakfast was delicious
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Yes, you could stay at the swanky Westbury hotel downtown, or the FitzWilliam.
They are both nice properties, I’ve stayed at both.

On other other hand, the Schoolhouse has it’s own real charm and character.

Let’s start with the excellent staff at the front desk, and the restaurant and bar staff.
Great service and a fantastic breakfast service .

Stayed here for 3 nights. Comfortable beds and well styled rooms.

Only 1 minor fault: The housekeeping staff didn’t make up my room the one day, most likely because they were unable to read the
Tag on the door that requested the room be made up. Do not recommend you use the tag.

Note: They do offer free parking if staying at the property, the small parking lot is a bit of a tight squeeze.

Date of stay: May 2019
SchooolhouseHotel, General Manager at Schoolhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Greetings RayToronto70

You do honour us with your review! No we are not the ritzy glitzy 5 star hotels in the city, so instead we rely heavily on our friendly team and charming setting.

I take delight in sharing your review with the team just to show we can rub shoulders with the big boys!!

We have taken on board your comment regarding the "make up room tags" and will be looking into this.

Thank you once again, and hopefully we will be able to greet you again next time you are in Dublin.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 4, 2019

My wife and I stayed here on 31st May 2019 - we were going to a concert in St. Annes Park so we were looking for somewhere near a Dart station, with parking. The Schoolhouse Hotel was great - we got parking right outside, the bed and pillows were so comfortable we had an amazing night's sleep, then woke to a really lovely breakfast. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Couldn't fault this place!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Greetings Fuddus

The team and I would like to thank you very much for your kind review of our Hotel. It's reviews like this that really make all the hard work worth it!

Hopefully we can welcome you back soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2019

I stayed at the schoolhouse when I first visited Dublin with my (now) husband years ago and loved it. We decided to return to their restaurant to host a 'recovery brunch' after our wedding and had a blast. The food was excellent, the staff were amazing and the venue itself is cozy, fun and beautiful. I will definitely be returning to both the hotel and the restaurant/bar!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Greetings from the Schoolhouse Hotel

Delighted to read your positive review of our hotel and the team and I would very much like to thank you for your very kind comments. We work tirelessly to ensure a all our guests get the most out of our iconic venue.

Looking forward to greeting you again next time you are in Dublin City.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed May 27, 2019

What a fantastic, quirky hotel. Fantastic staff. Wonderful food. Make sure you try the scones. Walking distance to the main bus routes..make sure you do the Do Dublin open top bus trip. Clean, neat rooms.

Room tip: Rooms are named after Irish Patriots and leaders of the 1916 uprising.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SchooolhouseHotel, General Manager at Schoolhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2019

Dear Philip,
We were happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel. The staff are the best indeed.
Looking forward to having you back soon.
Greetings
Jonas

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at this fabulous hotel last week for the third time the rooms are quirky but delightful the bed was blissful I cannot say enough about the staff they are superb the food was excellent a perfect place to stay when attending a concert in the 3 arena I highly recommend this hotel and I’ll definitely be back

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Fiona,
We are so happy that you keep coming back! Delighted to have you! And you are spot on with regards to the staff they are the Stars of this hotel.
Geetings and see you soon.
Jonas