“Dublin's Perfect Hideaway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Number 31

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dublin
Number 31
Ranked #48 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
“Dublin's Perfect Hideaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2009

Arrived 615AM after the flight from Boston. Made it to the hotel and we were greeted warmly. We expected the usual "your room will be ready by 3, but were surprised when were were told, here is some tea and breakfast will be served shortly. An hour later we were eating breakfast in the fabulous sunroom. Right after that, Noel took us to our room and we were in by 10AM. The room was beautiful and clean. We chose the older historic section of the complex. We took a nap and headed out. The location was the perfect location for Dublin. You can, and we did walk everywhere, plus public transportation is nearby. Bus stop to the airport is 2 blocks away. Breakfasts were fabulous and our hosts could not be nicer. When we return to Dublin this will be our spot. We only stay in bed and breakfast locations when we travel and this one is a place you would return to. It is pricey but well worth it.

• Stayed June 2009
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2009

Wrote this email to Number 31 after our stay there.
Dear Noel, Linda & Delia,
My wife Ellie and I want to extend our appreciation to you all and your staff for a very nice stay at Number 31 for this past week. We had a very nice visit to Dublin which was further enhanced by you folks and your graciousness to all your guests. And, of course we cannot say enough about the daily breakfasts. In a word, they were fabulous. We have an extended family here in the USA(our sons, numerous nephews and nieces) and if any of them have a future desire to visit Ireland, we will heartily recommend Number 31 to them.
Again, thanks for making our stay in Dublin a happy success. Good luck and good health to you all.
Leon Dourgarian

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

I stayed here for the final leg of my English/Irish adventure, and it was a lovely place. For the most part, the service was amazing. I had a large suitcase and I felt terrible because poor Gareth wouldn't hear of me carrying it up the four flights of stairs myself. I appreciated him all the more when it was time to check out and I had to luge it (and the extra duffel I'd acquired) down those stairs on my own! I had to call the front desk a couple of times for information, and I definitely detected exasperation in the voice of the woman who took my calls. I found that off-putting; I was asking general questions about Dublin, and couldn't see what was so obnoxious about them. The full breakfast offered was amazing, the anticipation of which got me up earlier than I might have done otherwise. The seating at breakfast encouraged conversation with my fellow travelers, and I met several very nice people this way.
The room itself wasn't large, but I was on my own, so it didn't matter. The shower had excellent water pressure but was teeny. The bed was simply divine though. After all the walking I'd done on my trip, it was nice to lay on such a comfortable bed!
The wireless policy was a bit baffling, as it's free but still meted out in increments. My stay was for three days but I was allotted two days of wireless. When, on the third day, I needed to arrange transport to the airport from the hotel, I was reluctantly given another 45 minutes. Truly bizarre.
Still, a cool place to stay in a pretty section of Dublin. If you take a taxi there, make sure they know how to find it (the property also borders Fitzwilliam Street).

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
new orleans, louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2009

When we first arrived (around 10 am- after a long sleepless flight) we expected to just be able to drop our bags off and then walk around the city for a few hours until we could check in. They promptly served us wonderful french-pressed coffee with biscotti-like cookies that really hit the spot. They then ushered us to our room! Noel is a genuine host- offering directions, special accomodations, etc...
The breakfast was fantastic (bananas in sweet cream were my favorite!) and both days we didn't eat again until 4 in the afternoon- it really kept us going.
We came back again for a third night at the end of our Ireland trip- Noel, once again was most accomodating- our flight was early the next day so we had to leave before breakfast hours- his staff generously fixed us a quick scrambled egg and whatever cereals and fruits that we liked. The rooms were clean and modernly decorated - my only complaint was that it was difficult to shower without getting water everywhere because the stalls weren't completely enclosed by design (but that seems silly in the overall scheme of things). I think that we would have liked to be slightly closer to Grafton street since that was were all of the action was but the extra few blocks of walking was good for our waistelines :)

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

My husband and I stayed at No 31 in January and had the very best weekend. This was in no small way due to staying at No 31. All the staff were charming, nothing was too much trouble and the breakfasts were amazing. The owner Noel was very hospitable, his knowledge and passion about Dublin was infectious. A very unique place to stay, we will be back.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

We spent one night here and it was absolutely fabulous. Lovely friendly owner and staff, they were really welcoming and helpful. Beautiful setting and a great location - it was in walking distance to all major attractions. We couldn't fault it at all and would definately go back. It's not the cheapest place you could stay in but I felt that we really got value for money, we arrived at 9am on the Saturday morning, were given breakfast and allowed into our room straight away, this was great after an early flight. The room and building were lovely. The owner advised us what to do that day and suggested a great place to eat that night which was just round the corner. It was so easy and totally hassle-free. We loved it!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, Dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2009

I have recently returned from a weekend break in Dublin, staying at the amazing Number 31. Noel (the owner)was the perfect host, helping us navigate a city we hadn't been to before. He made us feel right at home from the moment we arrived, bringing us tea and homemade cookies whilst we discussed what we would like to do and see in Dublin. The hotel is beautifully decorated with large airey rooms, relaxing public areas and the best Irish breakfast! We left Noel in charge of booking us somewhere for dinner on Saturday night which was a triumph. The restaurant was just what we wanted and a wonderful place to enjoy the evening (The Pearl Brasserie).
Staing at Number 31 was probably the best part of our trip to Dublin and i would recommend it to anyone that is planning a trip there.
Lastly, i would like to thank Noel for his brilliant Irish hospitality and for making our trip everything we had hoped it would be.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends