“Great place, great staff”
Review of Number 31

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dublin
Number 31
Ranked #42 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Noel and the rest of the staff were amazing. We were so fortunate to have chosen this lovely place to stay. The breakfast could be the best in Ireland. The rooms were fantastic and comfortable. They were extremely accommodating in every way, including booking us great restaurants for dinner!!! We felt a great connection here and will miss them! Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We didn't get to meet the lady of the house which is a shame because apparently she is responsible for the amazing decor! I mean, words cannot describe the every detail that went into this beautiful establishment. If you're interested in design at all, look no further.
A haven in a busy metropolis, minutes from St. Stephen's Green and great access to public transport it must be said.
The service was exceptional, from Adam who brought me my much needed coffee on arrival to the morning staff who served us really the best breakfast ever. After getting carried away talking to some lovely Nashvillians over breakfast in the communal breakfast area, I turned back to my cup to find a fresh pot waiting for me. Now that is service. For a busy mom who is taken up all of the time helping everyone else, I felt minded, welcomed and in a happy cocoon for my two night stay. Maybe I need to get out more often, but If I could, I would make that outing to this lovely accommodation in our nation's capital, perhaps the promise of a yearly trip there. Fingers crossed ;) Thankyou kindly!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnneBennettBrosnan
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I'm not much of a reviewer myself, but I had to make an exception for an exceptional place.
I arrived to Number 31 July 20th and stayed for 7 nights with my girlfriend. We were in the Georgian part of the hotel, overlooking the oasis-like connecting garden.
Having heard of the breakfasts I wasn't disappointed. Staying long enough to sample each dish the full irish was a highlight for me. Try half a bowl of porridge before also if you're very hungry.
Noel and his staff are wonderful. They can't do enough for you- despite number 31 being a B&B.
I would be back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A warm welcome, interesting architecture, design. Number 31 has a perfect location for city centre walking and the best breakfast in Dublin. Noel exudes class, authority with a quirky sense of humour as is befitting to a former army officer. Time and again I return to stay in this homely environment where service is above the levels offered at the 5 star hotels. Any establishment offering their guests Haasten beds is clearly thinking of peoples backs and a good sleep. This is the perfect antidote to constant stays in JW Marriotts, Four Seasons, Sheratons or Westin Hotels. I will be back soonest!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We originally booked here for 4 nights in July 2013 but had to cut it short after 1 night of no sleep.
The rooms themselves here are quite nicely done despite being rather small and up many flights of stairs. The breakfast is a feature here too. The staff we met were also friendly.
We arrived in Ireland to a record period of high temperatures which was unfortunate in regard to staying at Number 31 as there is no air conditioning in the Georgian accommodation, probably because it would only be required once every 10 years or less. The combination of the heat and the street noise meaning we could not have a window open at night was not a good one.
Noel was kind enough to allow us to check out after 1 night without any penalty. He also recommended a couple of places to stay in the Connemarra district (west of Galway). One of which, Dolphin Beach House in Clifden, I have reviewed.
Perhaps in more normal weather conditions in Dublin this would have been a more comfortable place to stay. Having said this I think for what is ostensibly a B&B, it is quite expensive.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GuitarmanBowral
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel, sadly only had three nights here but would come back when next in Dublin.
I arrived jet-lagged and tired to a very warm welcome from Linda and I was in time for a lovely cooked breakfast and some friendly conversation with other guests in the conservatory/breakfast room.
We were two friends travelling together, meeting in Dublin after our respective flights. (we live in two different countries) We had a twin room (number 33 in the Georgian building) which was lovely, high ceilings, comfy beds, very nicely decorated, a dresser to unpack into and enough hanging space in the wardrobe.
The bathroom was very nice and I liked that it was quite separate from the bedroom, you could close the door to the bedroom and there was a small vestibule and bathroom off that.

The breakfast which was included in the price was fantastic, lots of different cooked choices plus a continental selection of fruit, yogurt, cereal etc. Delicious porridge!! It was all delicious in fact, and the servers were all delightful and efficient. After the breakfast here we were set up until dinner.

There were quite a few stairs to climb but this did not bother us, we are not exactly young anymore but we are fit.
We also enjoyed the walk into St.Stephen's Green and the centre of the city, did not find it far at all. Mind you, we are walkers and both enjoyed looking at the lovely old buildings and taking in the neighbourhood.

We were given some local restaurant recommendations by Linda and enjoyed both of them very much, and they were an easy walk from the hotel.
On our last day we had a really interesting chat with Noel. Could have sat there all day chatting but we had more of Ireland to explore!

Room Tip: We had number 33 in the Georgian building.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Like many others, we looked forward to staying at this highly rated B&B in Dublin. The room we were given opened directly into the dining room (literally...we could hear the forks and plates each morning as soon as anyone came to eat). The bathroom had no area to place toiletries at all, including the shower (how about a little shelf or soap dish?!) and the funky-designed shower essentially flooded the bathroom every time because it's only a half-door. Half of the outlets and lights didn't work, and even after kindly making them aware of the issue, it did not get fixed. Moreover, we only had one little window with little to no ventilation and not even a fan to keep the room cool. Other than that, the breakfast was very good (as expected at a top B&B), and the hotel interior design was impressive. As this was our final stop in Ireland, after staying in amazing B&Bs in Galway and Cork, we knew it would be the most expensive. However, the B&B experience is truly lost in Dublin (no real connection with the owners here as in other B&Bs) and we would 100% stay in a nice hotel for less than what we paid. In the end, it's just not worth the price, even for their delicious food...bottom line, stay in a hotel in Dublin, you will save money and have a better experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple