“Lovely B&B”

Harvey's Guesthouse
Ranked #75 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2008

My mother and I stayed in this lovely bed and breakfast and were very happy with the service and room.

There are several bed and breakfasts along this road in the close vicinity. The property is a converted B&B from a residtential property. Our room was very large and though modestly, tastefully decorated and clean. The bathroom was a decent size and clean.

The breakfast in the morning was fantastic and the staff were beyond exemplary. Robert and his staff were happy to help with absolutely everything, including giving us a lift to the station so we didn't have to carry our bags or organise a taxi.

The B&B is on the north side of the city and to get to Temple Bar it does require a good 15 minute walk.

However, our overall experience was very staisfactory and I would definately recommend Harvey's Guesthouse for the price.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank katrinalea

Reviewed March 20, 2008

We had the very badly experience in this guesthouse since we get there. Our room was dirty, terrible, very, very , very bad. It was not clean, the bed linen was dirty, had not been exchanged, no way!!! We payed and went away... we stayed in guests houses during all trip, and it was a very good experience. But this one... please, be careful. We are a young couple, with no great expectations with hotels, but this one is unbearable...hope you have the chance to avoid it.

Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DaniLK
Reviewed November 26, 2007

I, every since I was little have wanted to travel to Ireland. Having spent two weeks there I was on my final stop, with a week long stay at Harvey’s Guest House in Dublin. Mr. Robert and his family, (mother) made the best part of my trip even better. Before my turn in by the second night I felt more like family than a guest. Long talks downstairs, about everything from Religion, to tourist spots, to the issues of the day. It is Harvey’s Guest House that I recommend to all that I encounter that might be going there way. I am quite sure that you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed November 22, 2007

I'll keep this short but sweet.

Harvey's is not situated in the best part of Dublin and does not offer a five star service, but at the price I paid for the accommodation I have no complaints whatsoever.

The B&B is within easy walking distance of the city centre and is clean, warm and friendly. The breakfast is a continental affair and is more than adequate.

For the price you will be hard pressed for find a better place this close to the centre of Dublin, unless you don't mind hosteling.

In short, Harvey's is what it is, and is fine for it.

• Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed August 23, 2007

We arrived at the area and immediately became aware that it was frequented by people who were having social difficulties. We parked the car at the rear of the property and realised that this was not the place for us It was littered and looked like an untidy industrial area. The B&B unfortuneately reflected the area and I would not have slept there even in my own sleeping bag. The people were friendly and found it difficult to understand our dismay and I had booked for two nights which they kindly waived They need to revisit their web site and warn people that it makes the place look brilliant when it is less than ordinary and could do with major improvements --or am I to fussy a traveller--the other 5 places we stopped at were excellent

Stayed: August 2007
1  Thank NorfolkJohn
Reviewed November 21, 2006

Our family (with 1 toddler, 1 pre-schooler) and my brother-in-law and his family (with 1 toddler) showed up at the last minute in some awful weather and they are were able to arrange a room for us all to stay in. Robert and his mother bent over backwards to treat us well and check in on us. They also went WAY out of their way to find and book us on to a tour of Glendalough that would actually take our kids!

The location is excellent, just a short walk from the main attractions. The area did seem a little sketchy at night, but I think that had more to do with being tourists and having our kids with us.

Would definitely recommend this guest house based on service. Any of the recent comments complaining about accomodations are more than made up by service. They really are what one would expect from a guest house in this price range.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2006

We formed a bad impression of Harvey's immediately when we were kept waiting for 10 minutes on the front doorstep. The guesthouse is in an interesting area of Dublin and is in easy walking distance into town. We had a noisy room on the ground floor and were dismayed to discover that the sheets were dirty. The next day we were moved to a nicer room at the back of the house. The first bathroom had chipped tiles and a dodgy shower curtain rail. We only bothered with breakfast once, the slurry-style sausages were a big turn off. A couple who arrived for breakfast after us were told that there wasn't enough bacon for them as it was being saved for tomorrow! Not recommended.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple