“The perfect stay!”

Celtic Lodge Guesthouse
Ranked #90 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 6, 2013

The Celtic Lodge certainly lived up to its positive reviews- a sumptuous homecooked irish breakfast, a clean and cosy bedroom and a nice irish pub within. My sister and I were really made to feel comfortable here, and were even provided with a free airport transfer from the doorstep of the hotel! It's within walking distance from most of the main attractions in the city centre. You get around Dublin by foot easily. Service was friendly and extremely commendable in my case! I had forgotten to print an important document and was offered immediate help with the printing! I'd definitely come back :)

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Elllykins
DCM1982, Guest Relations Manager at Celtic Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

From Anne Heaslip, Manager of the Celtic Lodge; thank you for your five star review! We look forward to welcoming you back some day!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

The Celtic Lodge is a lovely place to stay, especially if you are on a budget. The room rate includes a free shuttle to and from the airport right to the hotel door so you don't have to faff about working out how to get to the centre. It may not be in the best area of the city but me and my boyfriend felt perfectly safe wandering through the area at night. Location is other wise great, very central and a fifteen minute walk from Temple Bar. The hotel it self is lovely. The double room was small but comfortable with free tea and coffee facilities which were topped up through our stay. It was very clean as well with the cleaners making the bed and replacing the towels each day. The free Irish breakfast provided is also a definate bonus to staying here. The staff are extremely welcoming and friendly and gave us lots of advise about great local places to eat and drink. I would definately recomend the Celtic Lodge to anyone who visits Dublin.

1  Thank Natasha S

From Anne Heaslip, Manager of the Celtic Lodge; thank you for your very welcome review, we do feel that the Lodge is perfectly positioned for City Stay style visits to Dublin.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Not the best area of the capital but a great B&B within walking distance of most major attractions and adjacent to a fantastic restaurant and welcoming traditional music pub. Must be one of the best value options in Dublin. Would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

From Anne Heaslip, Manager of the Celtic Lodge; thank you for your review, I'm glad we changed you mind about Dublin, Talbot street is much nicer than people think and so central to everything.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This lovely guesthouse is just 3 minutes walk from O'Connell Streat. Rooms are very tidy and modern. Breakfst was gorgeous. Very good value for money. The service was excellent and the staff very friendly. Overall a very good experience!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

From Anne Heaslip, Manager of the Celtic Lodge; Thank you so much for you five star review! We are not a five start hotel, but we try to treat everyone like they are five star guests!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went to the Celtic Lodge with my boyfriend on September last year. We got a promotion and it was a great deal. The Celtic is not a luxurious hotel. But if you are going to spend a couple of days in Dublin for a decent price, this is the place. Concierges are very attentive and rooms are clean. It's very well located - 3 blocks away from the train station - and only a couple of blocks from main touristic attractions. Breakfast is served until 10am, which includes an Ulster fry, toast, coffee or tea. This is the second time I spent in The Celtic and next year when I go back to Ireland to spend a weekend, I will certainly go there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

From Anne Heaslip, Manager of the Celtic Lodge; thank you for your review and very kind words; we look forward to welcoming you back in 2013. If you visit our website you can use the direct booking form to get the very best rates.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Myself and husband stayed here for overnight stay we got it very cheap price we knew it was not going to be 5* .We arrived very early and went to see if they would let us leave bags in when we got there the room was ready so we went up only to find the smallest double room ever seen by both of us the en suite only can be described as tiny,but as we were only staying one night was not big deal as we would be only be in it short time but it was clean and front staff very nice .Breakfast was okay nice to get included in price of room.All in all the place is fine only for one night as room is too small for any lenght of time you would be clostrophobic..!!!!

Room Tip: rooms 209 210 211 doubles but really only singles
1  Thank dorfos
DCM1982, Guest Relations Manager at Celtic Lodge Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

From Anne Heaslip, Manager at The Celtic Lodge: Thank you for your review, we do listen to all the comments made here. We allocate rooms dependent on availability and requirement. Some of our rooms are small and perfect for a short stay; but, most of our guests are short stay. For longer stays we do have larger rooms.

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed for 5 nights around New Year's and had a nice time. The staff was kind and pleasant, the location couldn't have been better. Breakfast was lovely. I am fairly easy to please and was quite satisfied with the accomodations, although there are a few things that fellow travelers ought to be prepared for.

First, there was a strong odor of cigarettes in parts of the building. I don't know if smoking was permitted or not, I didn't ask. I do not smoke myself, but I didn't mind the smell, but i know many people who are sensitive to this, so heads-up.

Second, the area is quite noisy at night. I loved this, i enjoyed hearing the noise from the street and the music coming from the nearby pub. I can sleep through anything and thought that it added to the charm and experience. However if folks are looking for somewhere quiet they should know in advance that the ambient noise level is high.

Third, the bathroom was extremely tiny and cramped. I am a tall person and there was not enough space for my right knee when i sat on the toilet - i had to sit kinda sideways. The sink was also right in the way when i was getting in and out of the shower. I didn't mind bc the bathroom was private and en suite, but i had to leave the bathroom door open whenever i was in it because otherwise there was literally no room to move or turn around or get past the sink when the door was closed. If there had been a second person in the room with me, it would have been awkward. As it was, I thought it was funny and not a big deal.

Fourth, the mattresses I slept on was fairly uncomfortable and the pillows were so flat that I needed to stack 3 together. It wasn't a big deal for me, I can sleep anywhere and through anything. And i got used to the mattress after a few nights. But people who don't sleep easily should be prepared.

Fifth, all people at reception were kind and friendly and helpful - though not all were familiar with the area so sometimes were unable to answer questions or give directions. Maps are provided, though, and the location is so fantastic that it was very easy to get around and find my way back. The friendly and welcoming attitude of everyone more than made up for the couple of times I had to find something myself on a map :) they were all delightful.

I really did enjoy my stay - and had a great time. I may sound like I am complaining but that isn't my intent. It was a fun place in a fantastic location with a great atmosphere and lovely staff. Delicious breakfast. I would stay again the next time I am in the area and look forward to it. There are just these few things that travelers should be aware of to make sure the accommodation is the right fit for their needs!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank JenComiskey

From Anne Heaslip, manager at The Celtic Lodge: Thank you for your review and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay!