“Top Class”

Ranked #39 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Galway, Ireland
“Top Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Kilronan House is a great choice for any visit to Dublin. Great location, great service and fabulous fresh breakfast. Sean and the team always have a great welcome on hand. This is not the chain hotel experience. But it is friendly, helpful and very welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble. I have stayed there regularly over the course of about 6 months. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kilronan_Manager, Manager at Kilronan House, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Pat D,

Thank you very much for your review and the wonderful feedback about your experiences with us at Kilronan House.

We are known for pour exceptional service and delicious breakfasts, as you well know. I am ecstatic to hear that this was your experience as well, having stayed with us on numerous occasions.

We always try our best to make everyone feel welcome, comfortable and relaxed.

Thank you once again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin very soon indeed!

Seán Finnegan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Albury, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We had a fabulous time in Dublin and stayed at Kilronan House. It was an easy walk to the city centre and surrounding attractions. The rooms were lovely, however it was Sean and the staff that made the stay special, nothing was too much trouble, we felt so welcome.
Thanks to everyone at Kilronan House we had the best time and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Kilronan House is a boutique style B&B, the breakfast is fantastic! We stayed in two rooms while...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 519Deej,

Thank you very much for your review and your very kind word about your stay with us at Kilronan House.

We always make it our priority to ensure each and every guest has nothing short of an absolutely fantastic experience. That this was the case for you as well, is truly. wonderful to know.

thank you once again for your fantastic feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin in the very near future.

kindest regards,

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed 3 night and has been a wonderful experience. Rooms are cosy, very well decorated and warms.
The bathroom is maybe a bit too small, but the building is quiet antique so no way to change the shape of it. The bed is the best part of the room: even if we were sleeping for few hours, we were feeling so good and relax. The quality of the bed is exceptional!
The breakfast was served daily in a typical dinning room with sofas and a fire place...the menu is "a la carte". They served pancakes, English breakfast, yogurt, fresh fruits, porridge, omelette, homemade jams on the tables...all delicious! For me was fundamental the WiFi and the connection was good and free of charge.
It's a bit far from the city center but very close to the airport bus stop.
I will definitely come back to this place if I will be back in Dublin!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GiuliaVirg
Dear GiuliaVirg,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay with us at Kilronan House.

We truly appreciate that the originality and heritage of our building appealed to you. Our staff always strive to make every night memorable, and our breakfast menu is always something our guests are constantly delighted by.

Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin very soon!

Navan, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was very disappointed with the standard of the room, I was in a very tiny room with a tiny shower and the toilet was down 2 flights of stairs. The carpet was filthy in the room and on the stairs and landing ( I was afraid to put my feet out of the bed without shoes on). The lighting in the room was poor - barely able to see to read. All the taps leaked and were loose.The breakfast was barely warm and although it took ages to come out it was obviously cooked a lot earlier and was sitting going cold.
A lot of basic simple maintenance and refurbishment would make a hugh difference to the standard. I also think the fact that the toilet is located outside the room should be clearly identified at time of booking as I felt very exposed and unsafe going to the toilet overnight. Overall poor, not worth the money and I wouldn't recommend this B&B to anyone

Very disappointed customer

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank R R
Kilronan_Manager, Manager at Kilronan House, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear R R,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us, and also for your valuable feedback.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the fact the your stay was uncomfortable. As you know, this is something that we absolutely try to avoid. We want each and every guest to feel welcome and at home, and our staff always try their utmost to ensure you have a wonderful stay.

We do try to ensure that all our listing on-line make it clear that the Economy rooms, both Double and Single variety, are called 'Economy' because the bathroom is located outside of the bedroom. This is also reflected in the significantly reduced price as opposed to the en-suite rooms that we have available. I am truly sorry that the Economy room that you booked was not satisfactory, and we do hope that you will be able to experience the en-suite rooms on a future visit.

Regarding breakfast, I must apologise that it was not up to your standard. Our breakfast is usually one of our most praised features, and our guests are always delighted with the quality of the food. I do understand that this past weekend had been extremely busy, with the guest-house being full to capacity due to the rugby match at the Aviva Stadium on Saturday.

I am truly sorry that your stay was not satisfactory. I do truly hope we will be able to welcome you again, and to improve on the last experience. If you would like to contact me at any time, to discuss your experience, I would be happy to address your concerns. Feel free to contact me at info@kilronanhouse.com

Thank you once again for providing us with your feedback, and apologies once again. I look forward to hearing from you, and providing you with a significantly more pleasant experience in future.

Alameda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

We spent 8 nights at Kilronan House and were totally thrilled. Such a wonderful staff with Sean in charge of an attentive crew. Really lovely room (not at all needing updating as you hear so often) - very charming and romantic, spotlessly clean. Great bed! Great breakfast in a beautiful setting! Quiet! Good location with everything nearby. It's where we'll stay in Dublin from now on.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear DandR94501,

I would like to thank you for your amazing review and for your glowing feedback about your experience with us at Kilronan House!

To know that your stay, which at 8 nights was fairly long, was filled with happy memories is truly heart-warming! We will always go out of our way to ensure you have a memorable stay, and that each and every night is nothing but bliss and relaxation.

Our staff are happy to help in any way they can, and i am happy to know that this was your experience as well. We are indeed ideally located for access to Dublin city, and our breakfast is sure to set you up for a fantastic day!

Thank you once again, and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you to Dublin in the very near future! You are welcome to contact me at any time to arrange another visit at infi@kilronanhouse.com.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

A lovely Georgian building with many period features retained.
Because it was the weekend of international rugby we had to take an economy room. Not a mistake I'd make again. The room was pokey with a dirty shower. Toilet facilities were across the landing and up half a flight of stairs. We changed to a standard double for the next two nights. The rooms are in desperate need of serious refurbishment with grubby bathrooms with worn out decor and fittings although the bed was very comfortable.
The Staff are very friendly and bent over backwards to be helpful and the breakfast is of a very high standard. These pluses stopped me giving an overall two star rating

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can be noisy from traffic if you have the window open.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Weebrian1,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us, and for giving us valuable feedback. I is truly appreciated.

I would like to sincerely apologise that the room you were in on your first night was not satisfactory. We do try to make it clear on all our website listings what the Economy Rooms consist of.

However, we were happy to upgrade you to the en-suite room, at no extra charge, as we always try our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. We have been in the process of renovating our bedrooms, after having done so with the reception and breakfast area just before the mew year.

I would like to thank you for giving special mention to our excellent staff and delicious breakfast. We do our very best to ensure that all our guests are well taken care of and feel at home.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again in the near future so that we may improve on your last experience! Feel free to contact me about any and all queries or complaints about your stay at info@kilronanhouse.com.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have been staying in the Kiilronan House on a regular basis now for 3 years and I can say without any hesitation that it is the best B&B in Dublin. The staff are extremely friendly, the rooms are very comfortable and the breakfast is awesome. Over the past 3 years I have stayed in all of the rooms including their apartments but I particularly like Room 14 which is ideal for a single guy staying over on business. 100% is my rating for the Kilronan House

Room Tip: Book early as its a very popular spot
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Larry T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your time with us!

We always try to ensure that all our guests. new or regular, receive nothing but the warmest and friendliest welcome in all of Dublin! I am delighted to know that your experiences have continuously been of such high standard, even after 3 years of staying with us!

Thank you once again, and we look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks.