Wynn's Hotel
$204
$195
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$144
1,327 results
All reviewso'connell streetabbey theatrelower abbey streetjacuzzi bathtemple barhistoric hoteltram stopcity centrefull irish breakfastluas linebreakfast was excellentnight porterperfect locationcontinental breakfaststreet noisequiet roomlight sleeper
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Even before I entered this hotel, the staff were excellent! I hadn't stayed here for about four years and needed to get directions to bring the car to the hotel. I spoke to Robbie, one of the porters and he couldn't have been more helpful. On the way, due to roadworks, I had to take a detour and a really nice Lady on reception, Annemarie, I think was her name, stayed on the phone with me until I got to the hotel. I was checked in by another really nice Lady and during my stay, everyone I met, from the reception staff to the porters to the house keeping staff, was so nice and friendly (without being obtrusive or OTT.) The hotel is old fashioned but in a nice way, and is spotlessly clean. A previous reviewer spoke about the noise but it is probably the most central hotel in Dublin, so it comes with the territory and you can always request a room at the back for quietness. The Management in Wynn's should be very proud of their team!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I would call this place an "old-fashion" one, in a good way. I liked the room and service was good, I would say very traditional, again, in a good way. Breakfast was just excellent. The service at the breakfast was superb. The only thing that I did not like was a room key (very old-fashion) with a heavy knob that forces you to leave the key at reception when you go out. Be aware, this is a noisy place due to the hotel is located right in downtown on a busy street with heavy traffic and trams. I grew up in a big city so I actually enjoyed the street noise. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and I would stay at Wynn's again, no doubts.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank OnBudgetTraveler
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Was disappointed with the hotel as it was not as described by booking.com.
Facilities listed were not available eg restaurent closed on tuesday evenings.
The hotel fronts on to a LUAS line an as such makes it very noisy.
The room I occupied was on the front of the hotel an would have benefited from secondry double glazing to absorb some of the traffic noise.
The bar was also used as a carvary and its ambience was destroyed by the smell of food and the
bustle of serving staff.
I will not stay in this hotel again

Room Tip: 4th floor on the back
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the wynns hotel. It is simply 5 minutes walk from the train and bus station and the local luaz runs right outside the front door. Plenty of shopping on o'connell street and a 5 minute walk from grafton street. We arrived early for check in but we were able to leave our bags at the hotel reception. Our room was clean and had tea and coffee facilities. It also had a small fridge. Breakfast was nice with a selection of cereal, yogurt, bread, fruit juice, etc and then a waiter took your order for a cooked breakfast. Check out was at 12 and again we were able to leave our bags at reception. We will go again when we return to Dublin.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I've been to Dublin many times (both parents are from Dublin !) and stayed in a lot of hotels in the area. This time I decided to stay at Wynns as my mother had had her 70th party here 2 years ago.
Let's face it - if you are under the age of 50, it's unlikely that you would be rating Wynns top marks (take a look at the average age sitting at breakfast!)
If you are a fan of reasonable quality rooms and facilities you are unlikely to be giving it a '5' ! (pay the extra and stay at the Gresham)
BUT it has a great location and the staff are very friendly.
If I had to sum the hotel up in 5 words :
Tatty (rooms)
Sofaless ( no real comfy sofas in the public rooms - take a look at the Gresham !)
Weak ( wi-fi almost non existent esp in all public areas)
Glorious (dining room - although doesn't make up for no beans with the breakfast - yes I did ask !)
Friendly (staff)
In essence ANCIENT AND MODERN without the MODERN !!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Julie4Dublin, Manager at Wynn's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Sir,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay at Wynn's Hotel. I am wondering why you choose Wynn's over the Gresham Hotel since you seem to hold it in high regard and you have been here before at your parents party? Apart from that, we welcome all ages at our Hotel and offer facilities to suit. We have excellent Wi-Fi throughout the Hotel which unlike most city centre hotels we offer to our guests complimentary. We have a Gym in our basement again for residents and I am sure if you had taken a look you may have found some of those under 50's age group you were looking for. Our breakfast menu is rated very highly as it is cooked to order, you can have anything from an omelette, goats cheese with berry coulis, eggs benedict to your standard Full Irish Breakfast, yes without the beans, but traditionally beans were never part of an Irish breakfast, however if a Client had a particular request for beans to be served we would endeavour to do our best to accommodate them. Finally I do want to say I find your title amusing and it did make me laugh on an otherwise dreary Monday morning, maybe when you do get to be over 50 you may decide to come back, if so let us know in advance and I personally promise to have some beans in stock for you.